It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Standby Detention Centres

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I will start this post by stating that I recieved this information in the form of an unsubstantiated rumour. Therefore the reason I am posting it is because it seemed a credible and indeed frightening rumour.
I was speaking to a student at a bus-stop one morning recently and during the course of our small-talk the topic of study arose. She studied at a local University and I asked her what the Uni (thats what we call it here) experience was like for her. I was surprised when she commented on the bleakness and sterility of the grounds, she stated that walking around the Uni "gave her the creeps". Having studied at another local Uni myself for a while I couldn't believe this since Uni wa such a fun atmosphere, (well I spent a lot of time the bar) the grounds were pleasant and the people quite friendly. I asked her how old the building was and it was then that she mentioned the rumour that the campus was originall built to be converted to a detention centre at short notice.
In Australia 'detention centre' is fast becoming a dirty word due to, as some people believe, our de-humanized approach to handling immigrants and refugees. I am posting this to ask readers if they have heard of similar facilities disguised in such a manner.

Are you working/studying or sending your children to a future concentration camp?

Maybe that last is a little severe but in these times who knows?

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Maybe you could let us know what the university is so we could see some pictures? I don't think doing so would compromise your source in any way.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
CKkid. Thanks. I might just do that when I have had a chance to get a better look at the place myself and speak to more people about this, keep tuned. I would be very interested to hear similar stories too.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Hmm. The university I used to go to had that urban legend as well. That it was made so that tear gas would fill the corridors easily and that any point on the dorm terrace was in line of sight of certain points where they would put snipers... Also it was said to be modeled after an australian prison (or austrian, cant remember). It might be that we are talking about the same one. I'll wait for you to reveal it though. I think it was under a lot of microwave radiation during the time I was there as well.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by joepits
Also it was said to be modeled after an australian prison (or austrian, cant remember).

Guess where I come from. I have heard that our systems of running detention centres are adapted in other countries. Especially the UK

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
If you google Rex 84, Cable Splicer, and Garden Plot, you'll be slightly surprised.

A quick link

And of course, on ATS

The basic idea is that there are hundreds of manned, ready-to-be-filled concentration camps in the U.S. Each can hold thousands of people, some up to 2 million.. At times of extreme emergency, FEMA can technically take over the country. Garden plot lets the people be controlled, and cable splicer allows the state governments to be taken over. Basically, we can lose all rights, and the federal government can own and control everything.

Kinda close to what you were talking about, closest I know about.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
If you google Rex 84, Cable Splicer, and Garden Plot, you'll be slightly surprised.

A quick link

And of course, on ATS

The basic idea is that there are hundreds of manned, ready-to-be-filled concentration camps in the U.S. Each can hold thousands of people, some up to 2 million.. At times of extreme emergency, FEMA can technically take over the country. Garden plot lets the people be controlled, and cable splicer allows the state governments to be taken over. Basically, we can lose all rights, and the federal government can own and control everything.

Kinda close to what you were talking about, closest I know about.

Yep I've read quite a bit about 'operation garden plot', 'cable splicer', ' rex 84', FEMA and the executive orders, & even locations of possible camps throughout the U.S.. This could indeed become a very scary scenario...
There is even one particular camp that has been well documented near where I live. The infamous Camp Grayling Range 3 area & the nearby Camp Nokomis correctional facility. Some info & photos about the 'Range 3' area have been circulating the 'net since '99 or so. Recently someone stepped up & took some new photos of the area in question and provides some interesting info about it as well. (www.geocities.com...) This might be a site worth checking out!
I may have a 'look-see' myself when I find the time...

Now what about those white UN boxcars & flatcars I have heard rumors about...?
T.S.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   
There were rumors of boxcars fitted with shackles, but as far as I know those were unsubstantiated.

There were also some claims by the doubters that the facilities in question were not manned, and in fact were abandoned and in a state of disrepair. On the thread already posted by Amory, one of our members, I believe it was Off the Street, said he went to the site of one of these detention centers, and it was nothing but desert, he 'saw some interesting cacti' if I remember correctly.

I think the reality of detention centers might be more feasibly in connection with the flu, and other diseases of mass destruction. It's not inconceivable, and in fact has happened at least once in America history - but I think last time it was TB.

Anyway, if someone can get up to date, accurate, bias free evidence of these places, that would be wonderful. As it stands, we have nothing but rumors.

There's supposed to be one not too far from my house, up in the hills but the area is apparently heavily patrolled, so it might just be a barracks, or a special training camp or something. I would go and check it out, but I prefer my torso without optional ventilation.

When it comes down to it, they might round a whole lot of people up, but they can't get everyone. Plans of this magnitude are destined to fail.

They might even be designed to fail.
What better way to motivate people to tear it all down than to lock up a few million of their relatives?

If they are trying to tear it all down, I applaud them. We're living in a dream, a hypocritical illusion of righteousness. It won't last forever, and better that it should die by the executioners blade than the slow creep of time and decay.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Anyway, if someone can get up to date, accurate, bias free evidence of these places, that would be wonderful. As it stands, we have nothing but rumors.

There's supposed to be one not too far from my house, up in the hills but the area is apparently heavily patrolled, so it might just be a barracks, or a special training camp or something. I would go and check it out, but I prefer my torso without optional ventilation.

There's one in upstate NY that I wanted to go to but have never had the chance yet. The first link I provided has a list of the supposed locations, so one could feasibly check any and all near them, that would do it. Also, the second link I provided has a few examples of specific camps. Your interaction with the one nearby certainly suggests a little something, no? If they're inclined to shoot, I doubt it's JUST a barracks. But, hey, what do I know?

top topics

join