It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time we talked about Listerine & Covid-19

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I have articulated it well enough to avoid trolls. We ingest chemicals every time we eat. Some chemicals are more toxic than others. Even caffeine may disable viruses (you cant kill a virus as it's not alive) in a dish. Something else may disable it in the mouth for a few minutes. Tobacco smoke or essential oil fumes from a mouthwash may protect your lungs for a while but what's the point when you catch a new dose of thousands of viruses ten breaths later?

Ingest stuff that can boost immunity or load the cells with stuff that blocks viral replication and viruses from entering. Zinc became well known for doing that but there's many substances do the same job. Vitamins, minerals, thousands of alkaloids in herbs.

Btw it has been measured that volatile chemicals like ethanol and essential oils are exhaled from blood stream. Exhaling alcohol makes road testing possible.
edit on 19/8/2021 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ
Thyme Essential Oil is most definitely not safe to ingest! I am qualified as a Clinical Aromatherapist and with that comes the ingestion of Essential Oils.
First off there are many different Thyme Essential Oils. One in particular if you ingest it, even just a couple of drops will land you in A&E.
I ingested just one drop of Thyme Linalool on some sugar many years ago as I had pleurisy. It came on quick as pleurisy does and it was my second bout having had antibiotics for the first bout 6 weeks earlier. It came so fast I was starting to turn grey with lack of oxygen.
I will tell you, ingesting the safest of the thyme oils felt like I had swallowed acid. It burnt all the way down my oesophagus. It burnt as it hit my stomach. There was a pause and I remember thinking well that's all my mucous membranes stripped! When suddenly there was a kick back straight into both my lungs. It was excruciating pain and I really thought I had caused permanent damage.
Twenty minutes later I could breathe and by the morning you wouldn't even know I had pleurisy.
But I will tell you this much, I tried it on myself, I would not tell anyone, not even a client to do what I did. Would I do it again? I would have to be turning grey again, but I'd be further along than last time because there's no way I want to go through that pain again!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Good point a virus is a basically just a strand of genetic material inside a protein sheaf that has some enzymatic property's to help it pass through cell wall's, on it's own it can not be classified as a living organism as it has no self replicating or even motile ability but instead relies upon it's ability to hijack host cells and make them produce copy's of itself.

Though dangerous UV light is an excellent sterilizer and can also be used to kill or rather destroy virus.

I actually believe that Hospitals and a fall in Hygiene standards especially in the UK is a major factor in the spread of pathogenic virus, they really need to get rid of contracted cleaning company's and go back to old style nursing with the trainee nurses scrubbing the wards to an immaculate standard as they used to, end them wearing makeup on the job as that was NEVER the way it used to be, get rid of DIRT hiding black floors and bring back good old fashioned disinfectant and if someone is allergic let them to a special ward for that.

(bring back good old fashioned autoclaves - basically super high pressure and temperature pressure cookers perhaps updated with an internal high energy UV source to help sterilize the equipment and surgical tools - and in hospital laundry's that boiled the linen three times before it was pressed)

The same in our School's they are NOT clean any longer, desk's and chairs (And these days keyboards) are as likely to have a dried on bogey some kid has picked out of there nose as not.

If society no longer cares about sanitation then the result is a dirty scruffy disease riddled society.

edit on 19-8-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I have articulated it well enough to avoid trolls.

Are you sure? As was already mentioned, people have been known to eat Tide Pods. Never underestimate the stupidity of the human race.

Anyway, there is nothing wrong with taking zinc (I loaded up myself for a while) or other immunity-boosting ingredients. But this thread is about a simple way to kill (or more properly destroy) a virus using mouthwash. It works well for keeping oral infections down (as I said, that is why I use it) and they are pretty persistent little buggers. The Chinese virus, by contrast, is a pretty weak virus which just happens to also be highly contagious. If Listerine will destroy oral germs, and if laboratory tests have confirmed that it will destroy the Chinese virus in 60 seconds, why would anyone not accept that the mere fumes from the use of Listerine would not have a very beneficial effect?

As for reducing the immunity, I have seen no lessening of my own immunity, which is quite formidable. Listerine does not interfere with immunological processes; it destroys the virus before the immunological process take effect. Washing one's hands does the same thing... do you advise against washing hands?

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar
a reply to: new_here

The original Listerine is the only one I use!

Well I dare say you are at the very least improving your chances of fighting stuff off!

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here
I have an interesting history with Listerine-- the original kind... that brown nasty tasting mouthwash that will almost take your breath away when you gargle.

I first came to know that Listerine kills head lice when my preschool-teacher best friend shared that a parent beat a chronic case in her child's hair by saturating her hair with it, wrapping her hair in a towel for a while, then combing it out. You'd think it would dry the kid's scalp & hair out, but no... to the contrary, her curls were even more lustrous. This became to go-to treatment in my friend's class. She often treated infected kids at school (with parental permission) because she worked with at-risk families that sometimes didn't follow thru as they should. There are many articles that talk about this alternative treatment now. Here's just one:
BUT WAIT... This is supposed to be about COVID. On a whim, I did a search, and I'll be darned... there is actual research out there that Listerine, under laboratory conditions, prevents covid from replicating in human cells.

Researchers at Rutgers School of Dental Medicine have found evidence that two types of mouthwash disrupt the COVID-19 virus under laboratory conditions, preventing it from replicating in a human cell.

The study, published in the journal Pathogens, found that Listerine and the prescription mouthwash Chlorhexidine disrupted the virus within seconds after being diluted to concentrations that would mimic actual use. Further studies are needed to test real-life efficacy in humans.
www.news-medic... al.net/news/20210317/Two-mouthwashes-disrupt-COVID-19-virus-under-laboratory-conditions.aspx

Wonder why the manufacturer says this about Listerine...

LISTERINE® Antiseptic is not intended to prevent or treat COVID-19 and should be used only as directed on the product label.

So I just wanted to share all of this with you. Am I saying don't vaccinate, but bathe in Listerine instead? No! You do you. But like... the more you know, right? This is intended to be something you could supplement your other measures with. I mist myself a bit with it before I go out in public (grocery store, etc.) I'm sure I smell medicinal, but there are worse things to smell like, lol.

Please tell me your thoughts. Have you discovered the wonders of this nasty tasting brown liquid? (The cool mint leaves a sticky residue, so that's why I stick to the original formula.)

I'm not sure you understand what is being claimed in the article.

The link you provided does not work for me, for some reason, but I looked up what I believe to be the original article in the journal "Pathogens":

www.mdpi.com...

What the article shows is that the different oral rinses that they looked at would deactivate Sars-Cov-2 viruses when the rinses come in contact with them. That means that the viruses have to be on a surface that is being exposed to the rinse liquid. That surface could be a countertop or your tongue. The main ingredient by weight in modern Listerine is alcohol (Ethanol) at 21%. Viruses are coated with a layer of lipids (AKA fats) that help the virus to attach to cell walls of the host/victim. After attaching to a cell, the virus inserts its genetic material through the cell wall into the cytoplasm and takes over the cell metabolism to produce more viruses. Some antiviral liquids simply dissolve the lipid sheath; these would include any of the common alcohols (Ethanol, Methanol. Propanol) as well as soaps and detergents. Other antiviral liquids basically oxidize the lipids, turning them into useless chemical byproducts; these would include bleach, vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, and chlorine dioxide. Any chemical like this that disrupts the functioning of the lipid sheath will render a virus incapable of attaching to a human cell.

The point here is that these chemicals can have this effect only on viruses that are not yet living inside your cells. If you already have viruses reproducing inside your cells, you are infected, and these surface treatments will do nothing to actually cure the infection. This is why health officials were horrified last year when President Trump suggested that maybe we could beat the pandemic by "injecting disinfectants". A comment like that shows a total lack of understanding of how viruses operate. And, this is why the manufacturer of Listerine makes the statement that it will not prevent or treat COVID. The journal article does not mean that these liquids will keep viruses from replicating once they are inside a human cell; it means that a virus that encounters one of these powerful chemicals outside the cell can be prevented from getting in to a human cell.

With regard to the lice: Lice are insects. Most insects "breathe" through pores in their outer shell. All the common alcohols listed above are basically neurotoxins. If you put a layer of fluid containing alcohol on the outer surface of a bug, the alcohol will quickly get inside the bug and paralyze it. When you soak your hair in Listerine for a while, you are definitely doing that to any lice that might be there. I keep a squirt bottle of 75% alcohol (hand disinfectant, basically) around to take care of all kinds of flying insects in the house. One hit (or even a near miss) will make any bug I've come across go belly up in less than 10 seconds.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

That burn was in your food pipe. Try eating a super hot chilli pepper and you'll imagine a pleurisy too. You'll think you are dying but there are people able to guzzle 50 of Carolina Reapers. But yeah, thyme oil is one of the nastiest along with Oregano. I dont like the sensation of ingested Eucalyptus either but if they were so unsafe that a drop could kill you they sure wouldnt be in ... lets say mouthwashes in such amounts. It's an urban legend made by aromatherapists

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

LoL, sorry Nothin's wife!
Nice to see you too Nothin!

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Then what's the point? Will you snort it to disinfect your nasal passages? 😀
Do you believe that gargling a mouthwash will protect you from this most likely non-existent virus? It would be like gargling Ivermectin and spitting it out. You need to get stuff into your blood stream if it's supposed to do anything.

Just think of your pie hole as a big ol' petri dish of germs/viruses. That is where they grow and sludge down into your digestive system. The science medical community are still learning all about the digestive system and microbiome and believe this is where your ability to fight off or get sick from things stem from.

So in theory, if you are able to slow down the filth in your mouth/throat you are better off, hence mouthwash!

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: TheRedneck

Don't listen to Redneck! Not only should you guzzle Listerine but combined with a Tidepod chaser it will do wonders for your immune system.

This will probably get me an off topic...
You are a sick puppy and this post proves it.
Don't listen to Auggie he is giving very bad advice.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
Thyme Essential oil also kills staphylococcus and strep infections in 20 minutes.
It also kills MRSA viruses, including their mutations. Whenever a particularly hefty bug is going around I always include Thyme as it kills a myriad of pathogens.
Just want to add it does have contraindications, the Essential Oil that is, before you all go rushing out to buy some.
Rainbows
Jane

Good info. Thanks for sharing. I wonder if ingesting thyme in cooking or making tea has similar (tho surely less potent) effects.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: PapagiorgioCZ
a reply to: KTemplar

Covid is a lame reason to ingest a mouthwash. Even a good one. I'm not sure about the Poloxamer 407 - which is a block of polypropylene glycol flanked by two hydrophilic blocks of polyethylene glycol. It seems that polyethylene glycol is not toxic unlike ethylene glycol known from antifreeze which metabolizes just like methanol into formaldehyde and formic acid but I dont know a possible metabolic path so I'd be nervous about it.

NO INJESTING! Swish, gargle, spritz it on yourself with a fine mist sprayer. I'm not advocating anyone drink it, lol.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 02:56 PM
link   

a reply to: KTemplar

Then what's the point? Will you snort it to disinfect your nasal passages? 😀
Do you believe that gargling a mouthwash will protect you from this most likely non-existent virus? It would be like gargling Ivermectin and spitting it out. You need to get stuff into your blood stream if it's supposed to do anything.

Buy a Thyme essential oil instead. It's safe to eat. I've heard a herbalist talk about using it on the chest and the back of a child with pneumonia. Well, inhaling it does some good and a bit may even absorb through skin. I was ingesting essential oils before tho. It's better. They use to be less harsh than turpentine which I tried too btw. Many people have tried the turpentine protocol and used turpentine internally 1 tea spoon a day. The anecdotal evidence says that pretty much everything bellow 10ml is kinda safe. I use less of the oils tho. Couple of drops here and there. It's powerful and the liver may not be happy about it.

I guess the point is to help prevent it at the point of entry. If you walked thru a person's diseased exhalation (even common cold/flu) and you had just gargled and spritz, viral pathogens would be less likely to survive in your ecosystem. Sure, do the essential oil too for your innards. I'm talking prophylactics here. An inexpensive product that fights it before you have to.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
So are you supposed to drink it lol.

Good lord, that stuff was terrible but you knew that it was doing the dirty work lol.

No, I don't drink it, lol. Use as directed and mist yourself with it.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 02:57 PM
link   

That burn was in your food pipe.
Try eating a super hot chilli pepper and you'll imagine a pleurisy too. You'll think you are dying but there are people able to guzzle 50 of Carolina Reapers.

But yeah, thyme oil is one of the nastiest along with Oregano.
I dont like the sensation of ingested Eucalyptus either but if they were so unsafe that a drop could kill you they sure wouldnt be in ... lets say mouthwashes in such amounts. It's an urban legend made by aromatherapists

You really have no idea what you are talking about.
Erm...that "food pipe" is your oesophagus...like I said.
So, as you agree Thyme (along with oregano) are one of the "nastiest", yet here you are advocating people "drink" it!
You shouldn't be ingesting Eucalyptus either. But whatever, you crack on. You obviously don't know its chemical composition.
The essential oils that are used in products used by the public have been de-terpinated, so not strictly what we call complete essential oils. Do you know why they are de-terpinated?

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here
Yes, in this case same effects but less potent. Herbalism (drinking tea) is a cumulative effect.
What I have done in the past for a head cold where I was completely stuffed up, I rolled a cigarette but added sage herb to it.
By the time I had finished smoking it my sinuses had drained.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: rickymouse

My point, Ricky, is that the fumes from Listerine will enter the lungs and sinuses simply by gargling. One need not immerse themselves in Listerine. Just breath normally after using it normally.

TheRedneck

Also, when you gargle, you are getting the liquid to that place where the nose and mouth join (before the windpipe splits off from the esophagus. So anything virus breathed in the nose will be faced with it as well.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I'm just saying, why not do both? Listerine as a shield (albeit temporary) AND good eats!!

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Hint... water is good for you. Do not immerse yourself completely in water for extended periods... you will drown. That's a bad thing. Regardless of what someone on the Internet tells you.

The fact is that Listerine coats the mucous membranes in the mouth even after the gargling. That's how it kills germs. During that time it has coated the mucous membranes in the mouth, one is still breathing, and that means the fumes from the Listerine will enter the lungs. The fumes are not dangerous to the lungs, but they are quite deadly to the Chinese virus.

I use Listerine myself, have for years. I have my own teeth, but they're not as perfect as they once were... I have an unfortunate tendency to get infections and even abcesses, which tend to hurt very much badly. A daily gargle with Listerine stops them from forming... it kills the germs responsible. Maybe that's also why I haven't had any problem with the Chinese virus, despite never wearing a mask and doing nothing at all different.

Besides, what's the worst that can happen? A clean mouth and less oral infections?

TheRedneck

What about urine therapy? Is that legit?

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Herbalism (drinking tea) is a cumulative effect.

Can you say more about this? The cumulative nature of it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join