It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

...UFO Truth Proponent Paul Hellyer Has Passed Away at Age 98

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Former Canadian Minister of National Defence, the Hon. Paul Hellyer passed away on August 8th. Hellyer also served as a member of the Canadian Parliament for several years and in various government roles for almost 40 years.

Hellyer became well known and highly regarded in the UFO research community when he told an audience in 2005 at the Toronto Symposium on UFO Disclosure and Planetary Directions: “UFOs are as real as the airplanes that fly over your head. That is my unequivocal conclusion.” Hellyer was also known for speaking at the Citizen Hearing on UFO Disclosure in 2013.

Article link
I remember when this gentleman made this announcement. I first heard about it and then watched the speech later on. It was a very big deal at the time for a defense minister of any nation to go public about disclosure. There have been more than a few discussions about this man and his statements on ATS. Whatever one may think of Hellyer, he certainly had a substantial effect on ufology and the disclosure debate.

May he rest in peace.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

RiP Paul Hellyer , good innings at 98 and an interesting guy too,
Well played Sir.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I do believe Hellyer had an account here. But I don't think he was really posting about UFO's weirdly.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 11:28 PM
link   
RIP, sir.

Rest in peace always.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 06:40 AM
link   

RIP a man of truth and righteousness.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 08:12 AM
link   
We lost another Fighter for truth

RIP Sir.