It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real War on Terror Has Just Begun

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I am still trying to figure out how anyone can absolve any of the last 4 Presidents from playing some role in this failure.

www.npr.org...

" How to end the war has been an enigma for American presidents.

George W. Bush largely abandoned Afghanistan and instead turned to a futile and costly attempt at regime change and then nation-building in Iraq.

Barack Obama refocused on Afghanistan and what he felt was the core mission — finding and killing bin Laden. But from the beginning of his presidency, Obama felt pressure from the Pentagon not to pull out of the country totally. He began a drawdown after bin Laden's killing but never left completely.

The continued U.S. presence in the country grew unpopular with Americans, including many Republicans. Neoconservative hawks took a back seat to the domestic-focused populism of the Tea Party, which former President Donald Trump rode to the top of the GOP.

Trump defied his party orthodoxy, sawing off the national-security hawk leg of the three-legged Republican stool that stood firm since President Ronald Reagan led the party, and he laid the foundation for the withdrawal by making a deal with the Taliban that was supposed to have U.S. troops out by May 1. There was talk for a while of inviting them to Camp David last year to ink a deal.

Trump now criticizes the way Biden withdrew the forces. Biden will own the consequences of the withdrawal, but Trump's position as the most popular person in his party puts GOP hawks in a difficult spot, too.

Biden had always been for a limited footprint in Afghanistan, dating back to his days as vice president. During the Obama administration, he argued for a significant drawdown but still retaining the capability of special forces to launch counterterrorism missions."

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
a reply to: ADAMandEVIL

How about.... The Taliban will now control 80% of global opium/heroin production. The price will rise to fuel the weapons trade to make sure the taliban are well equipped. Pakistan will be their first target, pakistan has nukes. Then they will extort Iran to be onside with those nukes. Then they go after India who also have nukes, so it could get bloody. China has allowed the creation of a monster and it is very possible that the taliban will try to get the Uyghurs on-side. If that happens, the mongols might side with the taliban as well, in which case China has a full scale border war and ground incursion. I think the end game will be the taliban/iran turning their sights on Israel. This should take about 2 years. From what I hear, they have the backing of the CIA and MI6 who will absorb the increase in heroin costs to sell weapons. It is possible that Europe and the US will join in the conflicts, probably when that 2 years are up.

Why not sooner?

Antici...................................pation.

It drives tension, anxiety, fear, allows for false flags that can be blamed on the taliban et al, etc. This all kills liberty, removes freedoms and makes a sh!tload of money for the rich and useless. It's a well planned and easy slide into totalitarianism.

I remember this drill from 1987/88 when Pik and Magnus, my CO, my MD, ADS, etc, all got involved in selling billions in weapons to Saddam. I was there, so believe what you want. The CIA was stroking Saddam telling him that Kuwait was his and he had the backing of the US State department in taking it. Told him to look where the weapons are coming from, the State Department via Fast Eddie. They inked the deal at Oliphants in Kruger and we flew my MD, my CO (chief of Counterintelligence), Eddie and his wife in our plane. Pik, Magnus and the ADS rep went by different transportation. It took almost two years to ramp up Saddam's stock and get the ball rolling.

Cheers - Dave

Everybody’s working for the weekend!!!!

Everybody wants a new romance!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: Boadicea

The are definitely videos going around Twitter of people being pulled from homes and being killed in the streets.

Yes, they are. I did not mean that they "peaceful" part was true. Only that they may have been speaking truth about takeover being part of an agreed and understood plan. I suspect it was part of a plan. I just very much doubt that was supposed to be public knowledge.

Then again, Big Media will tell us whatever the PTB tell them to tell us, so no sweat off the guilty's backs...

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Looking to the future, I think we can see Damascus being, erm, glassed soon.....

COUNT on it......

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Damn good MSNBC video here of Matt Zeller, who puts the lie to Biden's cowardly words and deeds.

YouTube is chock full of videos of this guy beating the drums and warning that this was coming, trying to get Team Biden to do better, offering warnings and suggestions galore... and all ignored.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I doubt many who supported Trump care what the GOP Warhawks think or want. Those are the same scum who tried to push JEB! on us. We haven't forgotten.

Leaving is and was the right move.

The fact that Biden completely screwed the pooch on doing it is the problem here.

Also:
"If we're surging troops anywhere, it should be in Afghanistan," Biden said. Adding troops there would give the United States "the moral high ground"

Washington Post, 1/5/07

Joe Biden was the co-author of the Afghanistan Freedom and Support Act of 2002 that authorized the original reconstruction and security payments for Afghanistan - 19 years ago

“Helping Afghanistan become self-sustaining is going to be a monumental task. It's going to take up to a decade, and more blood will be spilled and more treasure will be spent. But I think it's important”

- Joe Biden, 2008

edit on 16-8-2021 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

They don't have to buy weapons they have huge stockpiles that were given to the afgan military. So all that drug money can go straight into terrorist operations to spread Islam. Ive seen the pictures just rooms full of captured equipment as their military just ran.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

They don't have to buy weapons they have huge stockpiles that were given to the afgan military. So all that drug money can go straight into terrorist operations to spread Islam. Ive seen the pictures just rooms full of captured equipment as their military just ran.

Yeah, that's true, slightly different situation, Saddam was almost fully depleted after the Iran-Iraq war. I still find it crazy that the US left so much equipment there and the afghan military just bolted.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Terrorists join with other terrorists.
That's what they do .

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The Real War on Terror Has Just Begun ?

No. The real war on terror started on November 4, 2020 when a fascist terrorist organization usurped control of the United States. The American people are fighting it, but I am afraid at this point it doesn't look good.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The Taliban hates heroin. Imagine what suddenly finding there is no heroin available will do to junkies? Hundreds of thousands all coming off it at once? There will be big problems, especially with pharmacy robberies as junkies grow desperate.

The bigger picture is that this was a hand-off to China so they could have all the minerals and expand their Belt and Road initiative by following the original Silk Road straight through Afghanistan, opening a route to the Middle East and Africa by land.

edit on 17-8-2021 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

It'll just boost the CCPs fentanyl market.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADAMandEVIL
Within 1 week the Taliban's 80,000-200,000 seized control of a country of 38 million

Kabul, the final city captured, has a population of 4.5 million and was lost practically overnight.
1 trillion dollars of taxpayer money, 20 years, thousands of lives.
300,000 personnel trained and well-equipped...

Biden blames Afghanistan. Is he right?

"Afghanistan leaders gave up and fled the country, the afghan military collapsed, sometimes without trying to fight...
American troops can not and should not be fighting in a war and dying in a war that afghan forces are not willing to fight for themselves."

The conspiracy theorist in me says this is a setup. Let the little fish go now, catch the big one later.

1- Afghanistan is a country of 38 million. That's the same as Canada.
Doubtless, the Taliban's armed numbers will now simply explode.
Historically, the US doesn't just NOT involve itself with the rise of radical Islamic governments.

2- There are surrendered forces 200,000 - 300, 000 strong across Afghanistan.
They will either defect or become...examples.
All their equipment, weapons, technology, vehicles and forces are now Taliban.
3- Public support for war is at an almost all-time low. Like before 9/11...
However, if there were suddenly a new terrorist threat such as rogue nation
Then suddenly the coffers of the Pentagon and DARPA would grow fat again
Afghanistan also produces more than 90% of illicit heroin globally, and more than 95% of the European supply
You can imagine the interests involved even if the military says no to troop on the ground

4- Following is usually some coincidence that convinces the public to jump on board
A humanitarian crisis in which UN and the public forced the hand of government
Or a false flag terror event, an attack that cannot go unpunished...

Such as Biden has just warned against:

"As we carry out this departure, we have made it clear to the Taliban:
If they attack our personnel or interfere with our operation,
the US presence will be swift and the response will we swift and Forceful.
We will defend our people with devastating force if necessary."

Do you really think Biden is making this call in the interest of the American people?
Is this the right decision, to abandon Afghanistan? Or is it a brilliant tactic for UN rollout?
Remember, it isn't war if it's a military police presence. Then it's just global law enforcement.

Create a humanitarian crisis and force international involvement?
Or back off and let your enemy get scary enough that the public begs and pays you to go back?
What better time to start a new war with millions of directionless, broke and unemployed...

Anyway that's enough conspiratorial brainstorming for now!
This is all conjecture of course.
I'm sure those in power have nothing but our best intentions in mind

*BTW This is not necessarily reflective of my opinion. I'm a moron, not a defense strategist.*

Thanks for clarifying that you are a moron and not a defense strategist.

On topic, I'm not convinced that this so-called crisis is actually a crisis. I think it's another step toward conserving our national resources for relevant problem solving strategies that are actually pertinent to the public welfare and infrastructure of the American people. These are the appropriate tools and times for such conservative practices.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
F16s, Blackhawks, Scan-Eagle drones and who knows what else.

Still need trained people to fly them, even ScanEagle. Give it a month and all that stuff will be junk.

<< 1   >>

join