It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Axiom Verge 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 09:45 AM
link   
m.youtube.com...

You can play this game with out playing Axiom Verge one their stories although convergent are fairly separate and can be enjoyed in any order.

Well Tomas Has out done himself again with another stunning entry into the Axiom verge series. This is a hand crafted indie(made by 1 man) Metroidvanina unlike any before it. The sheer level of complexity here in level design is great Tom has overlapped two playable worlds with different modes of navigation. The character is also very customizable skill wise.

This time around you don’t play as they scientist trace who would go on to become the techno god Athetos. This time you play as Indra(think female Jeff Bezos)

I am around 90% complete and I am sad about that because the game pulled me right it. The orginal game has a insanely good soundtrack this on is ok but has more of an ancient singing theme.

The mechanics in this game I used to navigate the world are just sublime and you build up your skill set with ease.

If your a fan of side scrolling metroidvania this game is an must have. I see incredible speed run potential as well.

I give it 9/10 all day long

I cannot stress how good some of the synth music is in this game series.
edit on 15-8-2021 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

I loved Axiom Verge. The graphics, the music, the setting, huge variety of guns, the fairly unique powerups, the whole game was great.

I just haven't been as excited about the Axiom Verge 2 trailers though. I remember the first time I seen Axiom Verge's trailer it was an immediate, hell ya, hopped onto steam and bought it. This new one just hasn't appealed to me the same way.

The two overlapping worlds thing, it sounds kind of like Metroid Prime 2, and that was one of the more annoying things about that game. Prime 1's world was far more fun to explore than Prime 2's pretty much specifically because of that mechanic.

Still, it does look pretty fun, I'll probably play it eventually, but I'm not in much of a rush for it.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 06:37 AM
link   
It’s amazing! I finished my first play through I got 100% map and 92% items at 11 hours. I played a lot with a new infant so I would just set the controller down for when ever needed so I bet my real play time was closer to 8 hours.

One of the last items I found was a stone that flashes near items….I walked right buy it by mistake midway through the game lol.

The trailers do not in anyway do axiom verge 2 justice.

Honestly after finishing this game I just instantly wanted more I want axiom
Verge 3 right now. He also set up the story 100% for axiom verge 3 total open ended ending.

a reply to: dug88

edit on 16-8-2021 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Hmmm, it sounds like I may have to give it a try after all.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Yea i just read someplace that Tomas Happ confirms he is already working on number 3 and also has story and content ideas for a further 6 games which he hope we can build some day but he fears he will run out it of time making them himself.

The man is a game making savant he really should just make his own game studio and be the director get some help bring his wonderful creations into reality.
a reply to: dug88

join