It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not really the News

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Ok this is really short, and not technically a story but i thought i'd share it anyway:

Chuck

Hello, I'm Chuck.

Tina

And I'm Tina, and this is the news. Our top story today, we're only on TV because we look good and sound serious and tragic. Chuck?

Chuck

Thanks Tina. On Wall Street today, investors were sent scrambling for their guns amid reports that money is actually just paper and isn't really worth anything. Also in the report, bank accounts are apparently just numbers and information in a big computer, somewhere. The government issued a statement saying that the new currency will be Beanie Babies, baseball cards, and Star Wars action figures, since these are all worth something. Chip?

Chip

Hi, Chip here with your weather. This week looks like it will be a mix of sunny, cloudy and windy conditions, with a chance of precipitation every now and then. Temperatures should stay between 40 and 80 degrees at most times. Friday is looking like a nice day to have Armageddon, And Saturday, the first day of Nuclear Winter should see temperatures dropping. Also, the sun will be obscured by dust and almost all plant and animal life on the planet will go extinct. For those still alive next week, winds from the SW will be blowing fallout across the valley, bringing slow death by radiation sickness. And that's your weather report.

[insert commercial here.]

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Actually, I shouldnt laugh because that is probably the most accurate depiction of how the engineered media really works...

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 12:49 AM
link   
that is freak'in hysterical

please give me permission to copy so that I may e-mail to my associates
'laughter is the best medicine'

if that is yours you are a comic

thank you

tut tut

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 02:01 AM
link   
go for it, tut.

Thanks for the kind words.