It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz Saved America At 3:30 AM Last Night

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+70 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 06:00 PM
link   
At the very least he delayed the "For The Democrats" Act which would ensure Federal Elections would be permanently rigged by law with unaccountable mail in voting and "Legalized" ballot harvesting. This would ensure rigged elections for the Democrats for decades to come solidifying their one party rule.

citizenfreepress.com...

Chuck Schumer brought HR1 – SR 1 to the floor around 3:30 a.m. after the Senate had concluded 15 hours of amendment votes on a $3.5 trillion budget resolution. In the dead of night, Schumer sought to pass the federal overhaul of elections by unanimous consent, according to the Houston Chronicle.

Only one objection by a senator was required to stop the process. In a roughly 15-minute back-and-forth, Cruz tanked Schumer’s attempt to force the election bill through the Senate.

“This bill would constitute a federal government takeover of elections. It would constitute a massive power grab by Democrats.

It would disenfranchise millions of Americans and it would do precisely the opposite of its nominal title, ‘For The People.’ It is, instead, for the politicians because it entrenches politicians and ensures that the people cannot vote them out of office.

It would strike down virtually every reasonable voter integrity law in the country, including voter I.D. laws supported by the overwhelming majority of this country, including prohibitions on ballot harvesting, again widely supported by people in this country. It would mandate that felons be allowed to vote, and it would automatically register millions of illegal aliens to vote. It would profoundly undermine democracy in this country, and for that reason I object.”

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

notthebee.com...

If you need a reminder of how bad HR 1 is (with the Orwellian title "For The People), let me remind you what it would do:

Force states to use universal mail-in ballots and a slew of things like online voter registration/early voting.

Allow anyone with a record in a state or federal database - especially anyone with an ID or government records of any kind - to be automatically registered to vote without checking citizenship status.

Force states to count ballots that arrive up to 10 DAYS AFTER THE ELECTION.

Force states to allow mass drop-offs of ballots, a tactic used in "harvesting" operations where people collect ballots - either by paying people or stealing from them - and filling them out in bulk.

Ban voter ID.

Bar state and local election officials from maintaining voter rolls and eligibility.

Redraw congressional districts according to the whims of unelected bureaucrats who would work at the behest of the Dems.

Allow illegal immigrants to count in congressional counts and have representation in D.C.

Allow criminals to vote the second they step out of prison.

Put red tape in place to make it harder for grassroots organizations to fundraise and get their platform out.

Allow private political donations to be made public. Hint: those who give wrongly will get cancelled.

+26 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The Democrats have our nation on the brink of totalitarian Dictatorship by single party rule. The same way China has rigged single party rule in perpetuity. I clearly remember Obama saying he wished the US government was more like China's, well the Democrats are doing their best to make his wish come true.

Look at the hell the Chinese citizens live through. 24/7 surveillance and being disappeared if you say anything negative about the party or politicians in charge.

Coming to the US soon if the Libs and Dems get their way for sure.

I cry for my children and grandchildren who will have to live through the coming oppressive, repressive regime the Dems are trying so hard to implement.

edit on 8/13/21 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Screw Cruz man, that dude is a freaking joke that has no backbone.
The bill though has some good and bad. Because of the bad I am glad this happened. Sucks it had to be Cruz the flipflop master.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 06:11 PM
link   
accidental double post
edit on 8/13/21 by The2Billies because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Can we flush this toilet yet?
About Shu-vert
He's probably blackmailed..I mean black-femailed.
There's pictures of him on the island floating around.
Oh here we go...
img
edit on 8 by Mandroid7 because: Edit

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Screw Cruz man, that dude is a freaking joke that has no backbone.
The bill though has some good and bad. Because of the bad I am glad this happened. Sucks it had to be Cruz the flipflop master.

I'm curious, what part of the bill is good in your eyes?

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Honestly?
It's the parts that make you mad. Nothing more.

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 06:18 PM
link   

It figures the cheating con artist Dems would try to push anti-American trash like that through in the dead of the night.

The scumbags know they can’t win anything without the field tilted in their favor.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

All new laws make me mad.

/shrugs

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 06:22 PM
link   

They all sound nuts except

Allow criminals to vote the second they step out of prison.

Why shouldn't we?
They are illegally taxing those who can't.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I can't believe a bill like this was even put on the floor.
We are dealing with a great anti American push to destroy our Republic at this point. It should boil down to treason, but it doesn't; why in the hell are the citizens even allowing this, or even letting this type of legislation to be even conceived?
edit on 8132021 by GuitaristRob because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Hopefully Ted Cruz was just one of many senators ready to stop Satan worshiping Schumer.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I was unaware of the restrictions on criminals voting, though this makes it obvious they exist. It shouldn't matter if they vote or not if the vote doesn't matter.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Got this emailed to me by one our Senators.
I understood this to mean we will be under constant surveillance IN OUR CARS as we drive. Snowden taught us to put stickers on the cameras of our phone, I don't want cameras in my car. We don't have surveillance door bells either.

Again, trading right to privacy for "safety".

The claim that the bill requires breathalyzers or ignition interlock devices to be installed in cars is false. The mandate some are referring to is for completely passive safety technology that warns drivers when they aren’t paying attention to the road, are fatigued, or are impaired. The changes that will impact drivers that purchase a new car are new requirements for safety features to save lives, which include emergency braking, crash avoidance systems, and other features that will help prevent serious injury during a collision.

originally posted by: JinMI

All new laws make me mad.

/shrugs

edit on 13-8-2021 by UnRepentantHarlequin because: Bold

edit on 13-8-2021 by UnRepentantHarlequin because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2021 by UnRepentantHarlequin because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2021 by UnRepentantHarlequin because: Ugh

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I heard on the news Ted Cruz was the leader of the new Jim Crow movement. Funny how different people see the same set of events in different ways.

The only thing I don't understand is that the current election system brought us the "blue wave" in 2018 and the legitimate election of Joe Biden in 2020 ... if the current system is both legitimate and working out for the Democrats why this urgent need to change it?

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Simple solution.

If you are not responsible enough to own a firearm then you are not responsible enough to vote.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Simple solution.

If you are not responsible enough to own a firearm then you are not responsible enough to vote.

It's why I think in a truly free society, felons that have served their time should have all rights restored.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 08:57 PM
link   
They should have named this the "I want to cheat bill". Those politicians who were hoping this passed should now be labeled as criminals, enemies of the state and considered as such, cancelled even, getting their own medicine.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Hell yeah! Thank god!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join