Do we spend enough on our Military?

page: 2
0
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 04:06 AM
link   
This HAS to be a joke...

If you think that figure is bad, PLEASE don't look into how much we spend on the poor people of the world. For instance, the aid we send to Sub-Saharan Africa comes out to like 3.6 cents a person. Of course, money is better spend killing people than saving them...




posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 04:06 AM
link   
This HAS to be a joke...

If you think that figure is bad, PLEASE don't look into how much we spend on the poor people of the world. For instance, the aid we send to Sub-Saharan Africa comes out to like 3.6 cents a person. Of course, money is better spend killing people than saving them...



posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
This HAS to be a joke...

If you think that figure is bad, PLEASE don't look into how much we spend on the poor people of the world. For instance, the aid we send to Sub-Saharan Africa comes out to like 3.6 cents a person. Of course, money is better spend killing people than saving them...


Yes, its so important, that you have to post it twice..PLEASE



posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   
To the person who said New York has security measures we dont know about. Yeah they might but look at what good it did them on Sept. 11th. I think you should stop relying on security you cant see on the assumption you think it exists, because it probably doesnt.

420 billion to protect 300 million people is pathetic.

It is even more pathetic on how much things actually cost (inflation).

There is no way it costs million and millions of dollars for one single airplane. It is either greed, poor management(not using mass production techniques like robots and relying on human labor), or it is all a lie and they produce things effectively but siphon the money somewhere else.

Give me a million man Army, 420 billion dollars, and a country the size of the United States to protect, along with the Oceans surrounding it, and I will tell you your on crack.

Maybe the US Military does a decent job. I dont know. But it just seems to me like we might have the best Army, but when it relates to the Security of the UNited States it is a drop in the bucket.

I Know that we are all alive today on luck.

If anyone even remotely dangerous wanted to attack the US and cause mass death, there isnt much stopping them. I think your dumb if you think any other way.

Say to yourself that you want to build a bomb today. Or go through the scenario in your head. There is no mechanism from stopping you. You would be able to at least kill dozens of people probably pretty easily. You could probably take out that many people with a firearm, nevermind building a bomb.

Schools, Clubs, Malls, DMV, Concerts. All usually have huge congregations of people. Any wacko can take these places out.

So screw you all in saying to have trust in a security you dont even know exists. That is idiocy and will only get you killed.

I dont have to preach to the peons about what Security is or what the Military has to do. So get a clue.



posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Ritual, you are a jerk off, and I do not care if I get warned or dinged. You sound either like a child with an overactive imagination who was abused or a schizophrenic.

There you go, this is from one of the idiots who beleives in his country as you so stated . Live in fear and anger, and when the time comes you won't be ready to defend your country, you will bItch just like you do here and then love your coutry becasue they are there to protect you?


There have been over 20 cases of cells of terror acts stopped since 9/11. Go google it. It is not the money used for the weapons, it is tne solidier. And you know what, we don't have enough, and they are missing quota. So, since you do not think we are safe, why not jjoin up and defend our country, or are you another armchair general.

We need troops, not more funding for F-22's and JSF.



posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Well who cares about f-22's.

What is a f-22 going to do? It is an offensive weapon.

I am not a child or a schitzo.

There have been 20 terror cells broken up in the US? bull. WHat 20 out of 100?

There are still drug gangs. And what do you think the drug gangs are going to do when the US govt. actually tries to stop drugs? They are going to start a terror campaign.

There are still Islamic religious organizations in this country.

There are still people who support the Islamic crusade against the US.

There are still no real checks and balances on monopoly.

The country is 10% american and 90% foreign.

WE have no border protection other then motion sensors and about 2 border patrol agents for every 50 miles. There are probably tunnels anyways.

Mexico is not a good neighbor, nor does it respect the US at all.

Canada is not a good neigbor, it is like a Euro trash country.

The US Govt. wants us to have all this blind faith on our Military, so they can pay dumbass ROTC graduates 45,000 a year and just hope that the terrorists decide they arent going to attack.

Most cops in the US are more concerned about getting laid then they are actually busting drug dealers, or preventing murderers. They are too full of themselves and dont want unecessary danger. They just want their check and to go about their worthless lives. I dont blame them since upper management doesnt press the issue anyways.

So please dont throw out insults.

Goto any city and tell me that there are no problems. Goto the South. Even middle class suburbia is screwed.

We are invaded by foreign nationals, and the big business's of the world.

America isnt white America anymore. It still might be a paradise, but our laws and standards are taking the dump.

You have black culture, please someone tell me how black culture isa good thing? They say white people are racist, any black person Ive met has been 1000X more racist then I have EVER been. And you have hip hop and general black culture that is NOT moral or even tolerable as far as I am concerned.

You have hispanic people who just think they own part of our country. Or somehow they should be automatically granted the money from our government to live? They dont care about anything else besides exploiting the system. Hispanics deal drugs, they dont work low paying jobs. I been to Phoenix on vacation, I never seen so much white racism in my life. Hundreds of Mexican gangabngers everywhere. How they could hold reputable jobs is beyond me. So I dont beleive that all of these Mexicans who come into the country are leading productive lives. BS I am not blind.

Then you have all the foreign people. All of the Germans and Russians and Dutch people. They dont even speak English, and they look like weirdos. THey are probably cheap porn stars or something, or thiefs.

Now before you all think im racist, I am a white person. I have almost all of the race's in my genealogy. Mostly Italian and Portuguese. I am not trying to discriminate against certain races. I just tell it like I see it.

Meet any person and there is a good chance the person is not anyone you could trust or even get along with.

The world is so dilluted with scumbags it is unreal. And I live in a somewhat decent area and it is still bad.

So it is no wonder our govt is so unorganized and illequipped to handle any of the problems. There are not enough good people to step up to the plate. And the bad outweigh the good, it is too great a problem to try and tackle.

I dont even use drugs and I could find pretty much any kind of drug I would possibly ever want. Same with chemicals and electronics to build myself a fricken Oklahama City bomb.

Yeah the world is so peachy that I am not going to critique it, instead I should just have blind faith.

YEAH OK SURE




posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   


There are still drug gangs. And what do you think the drug gangs are going to do when the US govt. actually tries to stop drugs? They are going to start a terror campaign.


This is because of prohibition, legalize the drugs for ADULTS, make it really hard for our children to get them and all the drug money for the black market disappears and no more drug gangs. Prohibition creates the black market, we can never arrest our way out.



There are still people who support the Islamic crusade against the US


It is not a crusade, they dont like having all of there resources and people explioted by corporate America. Your Governement was complicant on 911 at the very least, or at mostwere behind it, so people like YOU will scream for security over freedom. Its the oldest game in the book for setting up a police state.



Mexico is not a good neighbor, nor does it respect the US at all.


Could it be that we use Mexico every chance we get? Look at back in the early 80's when they tried to get there oil industry off the ground. Opec lowered oil prices until they could not compete. It was preditory business practice.



We are invaded by foreign nationals, and the big business's of the world.


Ageed!



America isnt white America anymore. It still might be a paradise, but our laws and standards are taking the dump.


Again right on the money, we are being turned into a third world country by design of the globalists, which out government is in on. America is being dismanteled and fleeced, they want our rights to disappear because once our great people pull away from television, and if they do wake up before its to late we could just maybe derail the plan that has been in place for hundreds of years.

Read "The protocols of the wisemen of Zion" It was written in the 1700"s. Americas high school students are way behind what they were in the 1800's. "The information age" is acually "The entertainment age"

End of rant

[edit on 26-3-2005 by Code 3]



posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I dont beleive in a police state.

I beleive in alot of police, but not anymore absurd laws.

I support the Constitution. So I dont want to see anybody not being able to speak their mind (as long as you dont threaten anyone with violence). I support the right for people to carry weapons. I support freedom of press. I support privacy.


I dont support freedom of religion because I think religion is for the weak minded. And I think it causes more problems and racism then it is good for. ( just my opinion).

So im not all about stripping rights. Patriot Act is already unconstitional as far as labeling domestic terrorists as anyone who opposes the government ( i think it says something like that). I thought that was why we had the 1st amendment to begin with. The patriot Act is taking away the check and balance to stop the government from taking total control over everyone and turning them into slaves who cant speak their mind.

So I kind of resent that. Im not protesting or writing letters to politicians. I just made an internet post. I just dont think we spend enough or take enough security measures. And why do we care about budget when we control our own money. Why should we even care about the global market?

Do you think Russia or China or any other country has moral standards over its money? No they probably do everything they want. Half of the US Big companies were probably started with foreign money that foreign countries created. Why should we respect another country's currency when we do not control how it is made or created? Whatever that is another post entirely.

Thanks for your 0 contribution to the topic though, saying I support a police state like I am some rich beurocrat who could give a damn because I can live perpetually as filthy rich. Im not one of them. Im not a politician either. Im not democratic. And im not Republican.

I am a Socialist. But not a Socialist like you would think.



posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Ritual,

What is it you are after?

If the attacks of 911 were so obvious to you beforehand why did you not tell anyone?

How sick are you that you let those attacks happen just so that 4 years later you could make a debating point on a website forum?

BHR



posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
The United States has bout 300 Million people and we spend about 466B on our military this is for 2005-2006. I do not think it is enough, I think that we need extra money for terror systems to protect us against a terror attack and we have to increase the size out our military which would cost more money. I think our annual DOD budget should go form 466B to about 700B. This I think world cover what we need to do and I would not mind paying a tax that would go toward our military budget.

Here is a link to the World's Military Budget.

Military Budget

[edit on 24-3-2005 by WestPoint23]


U r forgetting the unofficial funding (drugmoney,corparate money etc)



posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ritual
Well who cares about f-22's.

What is a f-22 going to do? It is an offensive weapon.

I am not a child or a schitzo.

There have been 20 terror cells broken up in the US? bull. WHat 20 out of 100?

There are still drug gangs. And what do you think the drug gangs are going to do when the US govt. actually tries to stop drugs? They are going to start a terror campaign.

There are still Islamic religious organizations in this country.

There are still people who support the Islamic crusade against the US.

There are still no real checks and balances on monopoly.

The country is 10% american and 90% foreign.

WE have no border protection other then motion sensors and about 2 border patrol agents for every 50 miles. There are probably tunnels anyways.

Mexico is not a good neighbor, nor does it respect the US at all.

Canada is not a good neigbor, it is like a Euro trash country.

The US Govt. wants us to have all this blind faith on our Military, so they can pay dumbass ROTC graduates 45,000 a year and just hope that the terrorists decide they arent going to attack.

Most cops in the US are more concerned about getting laid then they are actually busting drug dealers, or preventing murderers. They are too full of themselves and dont want unecessary danger. They just want their check and to go about their worthless lives. I dont blame them since upper management doesnt press the issue anyways.

So please dont throw out insults.

Goto any city and tell me that there are no problems. Goto the South. Even middle class suburbia is screwed.

We are invaded by foreign nationals, and the big business's of the world.

America isnt white America anymore. It still might be a paradise, but our laws and standards are taking the dump.

You have black culture, please someone tell me how black culture isa good thing? They say white people are racist, any black person Ive met has been 1000X more racist then I have EVER been. And you have hip hop and general black culture that is NOT moral or even tolerable as far as I am concerned.

You have hispanic people who just think they own part of our country. Or somehow they should be automatically granted the money from our government to live? They dont care about anything else besides exploiting the system. Hispanics deal drugs, they dont work low paying jobs. I been to Phoenix on vacation, I never seen so much white racism in my life. Hundreds of Mexican gangabngers everywhere. How they could hold reputable jobs is beyond me. So I dont beleive that all of these Mexicans who come into the country are leading productive lives. BS I am not blind.

Then you have all the foreign people. All of the Germans and Russians and Dutch people. They dont even speak English, and they look like weirdos. THey are probably cheap porn stars or something, or thiefs.

Now before you all think im racist, I am a white person. I have almost all of the race's in my genealogy. Mostly Italian and Portuguese. I am not trying to discriminate against certain races. I just tell it like I see it.

Meet any person and there is a good chance the person is not anyone you could trust or even get along with.

The world is so dilluted with scumbags it is unreal. And I live in a somewhat decent area and it is still bad.

So it is no wonder our govt is so unorganized and illequipped to handle any of the problems. There are not enough good people to step up to the plate. And the bad outweigh the good, it is too great a problem to try and tackle.

I dont even use drugs and I could find pretty much any kind of drug I would possibly ever want. Same with chemicals and electronics to build myself a fricken Oklahama City bomb.

Yeah the world is so peachy that I am not going to critique it, instead I should just have blind faith.

YEAH OK SURE



You are the prototype of the stupid american!!!



posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 02:59 AM
link   
The current budget for the military is three times all other programs in the country combined.

You know what, give every american access to self defense classes, an M-16, a six pack of grenades, full medical coverage, and tell them to defend themselves.

Tell me now, what terrorist organization is going to mess with 300 million armed citizens?

9/11 would have never happened, M-16's would have been blasting as soon as those supposed arabs pulled out thier little dick box cutters. (oh by the way , there were miltiary officers on those planes, great job defending the nation, go team!)

I'd like to remind all the gung ho folks that the people in the military should not be joining for the pay check, people who do that are called mercenaries.



posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Legaliser,

Here is another idea.

Learn why people attack you and see if you can stop them wanting to.

Just an idea to try incase you run out of bullets.

Rather than give them more reasons try giving them fewer reasons.

Is that worth a shot or am I way out of whack?

Cheers

BHR



posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by BillHicksRules
Legaliser,
Here is another idea.
Learn why people attack you and see if you can stop them wanting to.
Just an idea to try incase you run out of bullets.
Rather than give them more reasons try giving them fewer reasons.
Is that worth a shot or am I way out of whack?
Cheers
BHR


Well if 300 million Americans were armed to the teeth, then I think we could more easily keep our government from pissing everyone in the world off. If the government has 600 Billion Dollars annually in weapons and training, well, you have what we have right now, absolutely no influence on our government, they won't listen to the citizens as long as they are the ones holding the guns to our heads.

The fact is, the government and the corporations will incite violence anywhere in the world they please in order to increase its defense budget, reap the profits and power that come with it.



posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Legaliser,

This was known prior to November last year and yet HE IS STILL THERE!!!!

Can you explain that?

Cheers

BHR



posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Here's an idea - why not, put more money back into getting people into employment, increase tax on the rich and lower it on the poor and in turn earn more money per-year so you can in fact put it back into the Military?

Or even better, stop wasting money in projects that will never get used.

Each year the U.S. Government spensd millions on things it'll never use, instead of boosting their economy, getting more people into work, etc.

Oh yeah and to stop terrorism, you need to give more money to the Police and the FBI not to the Army. Going around killing people only makes more terrorists not less.



posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer
You know what, give every american access to self defense classes, an M-16, a six pack of grenades, full medical coverage, and tell them to defend themselves.

9/11 would have never happened, M-16's would have been blasting as soon as those supposed arabs pulled out thier little dick box cutters. (oh by the way , there were miltiary officers on those planes, great job defending the nation, go team!)


HAHA.

300 million Americans with rifles and 6 grenades.

Yeah, that will solve the problem.


Man, you will probably all end up killing each other.



posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Rapier,

I like the sound of that plan.

Where do I sign-up for it?

I do not know how much money I can spare but as they say "every little helps".

Cheers

BHR



posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapier28
HAHA.

300 million Americans with rifles and 6 grenades.

Yeah, that will solve the problem.


Man, you will probably all end up killing each other.


Did you know...

that the US has nearly 300 million guns? We HAVE the right to own as many guns as we want. I own nearly 20 my self. I haven't killed anyone. Niether have any of my friends that own them, or my dad.

In fact, the violent crime rate is actually HIGHER in nations such as England where fire arm ownership is illegal.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the US defence budget, I think it should be a bit higher - I'd say around 550-650 billion. I believe that our armed forces size (especially ground forces) should be larger, but more so I would like to widen the technological gap we enjoy. Defence spending creates jobs and lifts the economy, so it would help from a social view. Increasing R&D also ends up leading to technological breakthroughs that become widely used in the public sector. And finally, defending it's nation is a governments NUMBER ONE RESPONSABILITY.

And BTW, a good OFFENSE is the best defense. I'd rather have 90% offensive weapons then 90% defensive. Hence why the US always uses most of it's money to procure offensive weapons, such as the Raptor, our boomer subs, CBG's, etc.



posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Yeah, but they not M-16 rifles, which is what the other poster was suggesting.

Are you sure violent crime is less then England?

I thought that in the U.S you could buy guns from states like Georgia, as many as you want, drive up to New York where you can't buy that many. So the gun laws in the U.S are ineffective, am i wrong?





new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join