It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controversial Romanian crypto billionaire drowns off Costa Rica aged 41 leaving a $2bn fortune

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   
So, what's going on here?? First Mcafee (who had loads of bitcoin) and now this guy Mircea Popescu.

Gotta wonder if the Bitcoin inventor is paying people to off those who hold loads of bitcoin or certain Governments or Banksters or indeed Gangsters!

There are certainly some crimnals in Romania who would like a piece of the pie.... but in the report it says no one knows his password so the 2 bil of bitcoin will just sit there...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The sudden death of 41-year-old Mircea Popescu, an early adopter of Bitcoin, has left cryptocurrency experts speculating on what will happen to the estimated $2 billion worth that he owned. There has so far been no word on who has access to his digital assets, believed to be some of the largest in the world, fueling unconfirmed rumors that the fortune could be gone. Popescu drowned Monday morning off the coast of Costa Rica near Playa Hermosa, according to local news reports.

You think someone somewhere has his passwords?? I doubt he would of used all that bitcoin up and then committed suicide! Someone pushed him off.

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 01:08 PM
link   
If I ever own 2 billion worth of something I damn sure won't let a lot of people know about it #1, but Id also have some sort of plan for those persons I care about could access it.

A man worth that much likely has an estate manager of some sort, who has keys to the kingdom.

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

Have evidence?

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6
The day the testament / his last will is opened will be a memorable one for everyone invited.

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rekrul

Have evidence?

Evidence of what?

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Crazy to think that all you really need to get access to all the gravy is a password.

Can't take it with you.

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: NightVision

I know. The wife must be seething right now and crying...

not about her husband though..

join