It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lack of Respect for a U.S. President is Astounding

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: EdisonintheFM

I am also surprised. I don't doubt that they are still trying.

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
I guess you missed the Obama Hate, Clinton Hate, Bush Hate, but only seem to see the Trump hate.

All Presidents are hated by some of the American public. Usually by the ones who voted against them in the last election.

Oh, and the Biden Hate.

That is really whataboutism. To an insane degree that approaches gaslighting.

yes. Individual citizens have had strong opinions about presidents. But never before have you seen the ratio of negative to positive you saw with Trump. Never before have you seen so many ridiculously fantastical stories pushed time and time again, only to prove a dud. I never once heard anyone allege that Bush or Obama were going to prison, not from mainstream sources. And certainly, if mentioned, not mentioned every half hour for weeks on end. Based on the media coverage (which, as it turns out, was actually collusion in many cases with DNC operatives) you'd think Trump would be facing a literal firing squad tomorrow.

No, you are apologizing for propaganda by trying to blur the line between actual propaganda, and morons with an opinion.

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

I see your point but I'm not talking about Donald Trump the egomaniac, celebrity, real estate mogul....

I'm talking about President Donald J. Trump, the 45th president of the United States of America. And regardless of your feelings about him personally, he deserved to be treated like a President.

The hate started before he was inaugurated. End of story. He beat Hillary, and he wasn't supposed to because the fix was in.

MSM, SM, and Follywood thought they had worked their magicka and manipulated Americans into voting for Hillary.

They were wrong.

And I believe THEY panicked and were careless with their cheating last year in the 2020 election.

That's my opinion, and it's based on the effort to stop any fraudits.

Thank you for comment!

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: MiddleInsite

I guess you missed the Obama Hate, Clinton Hate, Bush Hate, but only seem to see the Trump hate. All Presidents are hated by some of the American public. Usually by the ones who voted against them in the last election. Oh, and the Biden Hate.

never in the history of the country has a president been attacked like Trump.
sure other presidents were hated, but trump was in the mouth of every news outlet from the day he announced he was running every couple of minutes.

I was actively paying attention to politics and voting at the time of all the "hate" mentioned.

The media adored Obama. Every article in a magazine or newspaper and TV cable news was adoring to the point of nearly calling him the new messiah. Yes there were people who "hated" on him, but not in the media and to do so was deemed extremely racist even if one was simply questioning a policy of his.

The media was good to Clinton until the sex scandal broke. Still they didn't "hate" on him. Hillary was nearly deemed a saint at that time in interviews, etc., for "supporting him". Yes there were "haters" but no where near the scale of what Trump has endured.

The Bushes/ well the media was unkind and quick to find fault and make fun of them. But they were not subjected to barrages of hate from CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC, NY Times, LA Times, the Atlantic etc. like Trump was. They criticized but did not pour out the vitriol and ugly ugly hate that Trump endured.

I would have to say that Reagan came close to having hate spewed at him 24/7 by the mainstream media, but still it was no where near the extreme rage/hate/vitrol that Trump received 24/7 even before he was sworn in. He was the only President to have people demonstrate in rage in front of his home before he was even sworn in, and have the near riots be supported and encouraged by the mainstream media.

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

I'm sure it's been discussed behind closed doors.

Why would I think otherwise, I see reality for what it is, know what I mean...

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 09:50 AM
link   
If you think Trump was hated Just wait until you here about Kennedy.

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Can you elaborate?

Thanks

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for POLITE political debate will be enforced.
Members must also Stay on Topic!!!
Trolling, And What To Do About It

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: EdisonintheFM
a reply to: LSU2018

"and everything he tried to do but was blocked"

Blocked, you say?

Word on ATS is Trump didn't do a damn thing....

thanks for that.

Their hypocrisy was mind numbing... For example, Obama put a travel ban on places in the Middle Least and his people praised him while his detractors gave him props. Trump put a travel ban on the same places in the Middle Least and couple more countries out there, and he was called a racist and ignorant people protested at every airport, calling themselves all muslims. Judges in CA and HI blocked his travel bans.

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Kennedy? Here?

What?

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Right up there with Abraham Lincoln.

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

I guess you missed the Obama Hate, Clinton Hate, Bush Hate, but only seem to see the Trump hate. All Presidents are hated by some of the American public. Usually by the ones who voted against them in the last election. Oh, and the Biden Hate.

never in the history of the country has a president been attacked like Trump.
sure other presidents were hated, but trump was in the mouth of every news outlet from the day he announced he was running every couple of minutes.

I always thought it was pretty obvious he loves the attention. The most insulting thing to DJT is if people stop talking or thinking about him at all. America isn't about Mr Trump and we have much bigger problems to solve than his career or public image.

It's true he loves attention, and also true he is universally hated by the MSM and the left as a whole. So why did they give him nonstop attention if that's what he craves? Pretty dumb move if you ask me. They created their own monster and I'm loving it.

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Yup! Obama's admin was clean as a whistle... lol

• State Department email. In an effort to evade federal open-records laws, Mr. Obama’s first secretary of state set up a private server, which she used exclusively to conduct official business, including communications with the president and the transmission of classified material. A federal criminal investigation produced no charges, but FBI Director James Comey reported that the secretary and her colleagues “were extremely careless” in handling national secrets.

• Operation Fast and Furious. The Obama Justice Department lost track of thousands of guns it had allowed to pass into the hands of suspected smugglers, in the hope of tracing them to Mexican drug cartels. One of the guns was used in the fatal 2010 shooting of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry. Congress held then-Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt when he refused to turn over documents about the operation.

• IRS abuses. Mr. Obama’s Internal Revenue Service did something Richard Nixon only dreamed of doing: It successfully targeted political opponents. The Justice Department then refused to enforce Congress’s contempt citation against the IRS’s Lois Lerner, who refused to answer questions about her agency’s misconduct.

• Benghazi. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three others were killed in the attack on a U.S. diplomatic compound in Libya. With less than two months to go before the 2012 election, the State Department falsely claimed the attack was not a terrorist attack but a reaction to an anti-Muslim film. Emails from the secretary later showed that she knew the attack was terrorism. Justice Department prosecutors even convinced a magistrate judge to jail the filmmaker.

• Hacking. Mr. Obama presided over the biggest data breach in the federal government’s history, at the Office of Personnel Management. The hack exposed the personnel files of millions of federal employees and may end up being used for everything from identity theft to blackmail and espionage. OPM Director Katherine Archuleta, the president’s former political director, had been warned repeatedly about security deficiencies but took no steps to fix them.

• Veterans Affairs. At least 40 U.S. veterans died waiting for appointments at a Phoenix VA facility, many of whom had been on a secret waiting list—part of an effort to conceal that between 1,400 and 1,600 veterans were forced to wait months for appointments. A 2014 internal VA audit found “57,436 newly enrolled veterans facing a minimum 90-day wait for medical care; 63,869 veterans who enrolled over the past decade requesting an appointment that never happened.” Even Mr. Obama admitted, in a November 2016 press conference, that “it was scandalous what happened”—though minutes earlier he boasted that “we will—knock on wood—leave this administration without significant scandal.”

All of these scandals were accompanied by a lack of transparency so severe that 47 of Mr. Obama’s 73 inspectors general signed an open letter in 2014 decrying the administration’s stonewalling of their investigations.

One reason for Mr. Obama’s penchant for secrecy is his habit of breaking rules—from not informing Congress of the dubious prisoner swap involving Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl and the Taliban, to violating restrictions on cash transfers to Iran as part of a hostage-release deal.

The president’s journalistic allies are happily echoing the “scandal-free” myth. Time’s Joe Klein claims Mr. Obama has had “absolutely no hint of scandal” in his presidency. The media’s failure to cover the Obama administration critically has been a scandal in itself—but at least the president can’t be blamed for that one.

This piece originally appeared in The Wall Street Journal
www.heritage.org...

all presidents get heat... understood... but former President Trump was a special case. notice how ratings are in the dumps for several major news networks... they don't have "trump" to talk about anymore. it was always...Orange Man Bad... lol.

and you're right no one got indicted....they should have been...but they weren't I could nitpick former President Obama's decisions till the cows came home, but he was still referred to as PRESIDENT Obama. they just called 45 Trump... oh well, crap happens I suppose.

oh yeah and then all the NOT MY PRESIDENT crap started too... uh you may not have voted for him....but he's still our president(at the time).

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I don't watch any mainstream news but I do agree with the OP in that entertainment media has taken a huge role in expressing their like/dislike for the POTUS.

I'll use SNL as an example. I remember a lot of Bush (both) hate and Clinton/Obama coddling but they usually kept it contained within their "Weekend Update" feature. Starting with Trump however, regular skits and fake commercials used it as an opportunity to attack.

Now, I'm no Trump supporter but the constant barrage was a definite turn-off as in, I turned it off and haven't watched a full episode in years.

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit

I'll use SNL as an example. I remember a lot of Bush (both) hate and Clinton/Obama coddling but they usually kept it contained within their "Weekend Update" feature. Starting with Trump however, regular skits and fake commercials used it as an opportunity to attack.

Now, I'm no Trump supporter but the constant barrage was a definite turn-off as in, I turned it off and haven't watched a full episode in years.

Oh yes, the Alec Baldwin Trump impersonation schtick got old quick on SNL.

As well as late night talk shows constantly filling monologues with anti Trump rhetoric.

NBC seemed to be the worse. Fallon and Meyers sacrificed laughs for pot shots at Trump.

That's why I keep my brainwasher box on MeTV and Antenna TV. And Grit.

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Great thread, well written...

The tds blows my mind as well.

I believe it is mostly people who let the msm think for them.

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
I guess you missed the Obama Hate, Clinton Hate, Bush Hate, but only seem to see the Trump hate.

All Presidents are hated by some of the American public. Usually by the ones who voted against them in the last election.

Oh, and the Biden Hate.

The hate towards those previous president was normal.

The hate towards Trump was waay overkill and something different all together, and it's because he was an outsider who scares the establishment.

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

I stopped watching SNL by the time Obama was elected so I can't talk about that time, but they were absolutely brutal on Clinton. They even had Monica Lewinsky host shortly after the impeachment.

One of my favorite Phil Hartman sketches:

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Thank you, and it seems like science fiction but um, yeah I think there's some serious mind manipulating going on between Mainstream Media and Social Media platforms.

I guess if you hear the lie enough you DO believe it.

Just like people thinking Trump said he grabs women by their private region.

That's not what I heard him tell Billy Bush.

And just think how long that vid clip remained lock away.

Blackmail is still a thing.

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

That's when SNL was unbiased and treated all politicians fairly.

Phil Hartman was the best.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join