It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians of ATS

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Well when the members deny, do nothing and harbour those criminals
JW members disgust me, at least the Catholics and other churches ended up holding their members (let’s hope) accountable

JW, defending pedos, defending their crimes
Disgusting people who cowardly hide because of fear being excommunicated from a church run by pedos

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I'd argue that anyone adhering to any specific religion is a lemming following a blind mole. But you should develop you own beliefs. Seek and find. Don't impose.

I'm a little sad people disgust you. They only know their lives. BE KIND!

ETA: not defending pedos. It just doesn't reflect on everyone. I know some great JWs. Their attitude in my experience is generally good, skeptic, jovial, and well mannered.
edit on 3-7-2021 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Except they support and advocate for an organisation that actively protects these people from justice, never mind the fact that they are still within a community with vulnerable children
Not for me to tell you what you should think but for me

www.crewjanci.com...
The Washington Post is reporting that the international headquarters of the Jehovah’s Witnesses (called the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society) collected secret, internal files — more than 5,000 of them — that documented sexual abuse of more than 1,000 Australian children by members of that faith community. (The files were reportedly created between 1950 to 2014.)

It’s systematic

When good people stand by and do nothing

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Its not all of them though. I went to Catholic school, and priests and nuns got shifted around all the time. I've be hit, choked, flipped upside down in my desk, had objects and instruments thrown at me, etc.

People do not do nothing. It just takes some time, unfortunately.

Again, I don't mean to defend these things, but It's certainly not specific to one religion. Its probably why I don't follow any religion. There is good and evil in all of us. Sometimes systematic situations make it easier to disguise or get away with.

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

No
It’s when good people do nothing
Make as many excuses as you like but read the replies, read the links

Those JWs are actively denying and consciously supporting child abuse
By attending, doing nothing, denying the issue, they are supporting a corrupt leadership

The exceptionally brave BARBARA ANDERSON did her best to get the Governing Body to own up to their responsibility regarding pedophiles in the congregation. They repeatedly refused to do so. As a result of her efforts, she and her husband were disfellowshipped. Her entire story, together with all the court documents can be found on her website at watchtowerdocumentsllc.com. The court records reveal that:

governingbodyletters.blogspot.com...

JW,.org think they are gods church, they are but not any God I worship
We have a civil legal system that deals with civil crimes for a reason

Sorry for what happened in the past but this is a current issue, current crimes and real victims suffering now because some people deny what is going on and pedos are being protected

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Eh, okay, you should do what I do. Flag them down and invite them in. Make some tea and a modest meal. Talk about Jesus very meanderingly and oddly specific about exploits you just make up on the spot. Pretend to be interested in their ideas and get more and more annoyed about their lack of knowledge about Jesus. You'll waste their time and get a good laugh.

ETA: but hide your kids.
edit on 4-7-2021 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: notquiteright

Cool

There is hope for you yet.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join