It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bird Experts Please Help !!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bet555
Why San Antonio or LA ??? Why would someone pick that target to exploit. When they have factories already blowing up byu themselves in Houston ... Like BP and all the other factories in League City, La Marque, Santa Fe. If something did explode, it would catch and may not stop for days.

Sorry, sometimes when the Lord tells what is going to happen, He does not always explain why or exactly when. But, that is the word that has come. So....I don't know why these targets make sense to those who would do these things vs. another target or set of targets.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The lord said that it will be San Antonio or LA ??? Where at in the bible does it say that.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Oy... gevalt.

Okay, folks **I AM AN AMATEUR BIRDER WHO LIVES IN TEXAS***

This is NOT unusual behavior. In fact, it's not an unusual number of buzzards, particularly for Texas. They'll spiral and circle in an area with no food if it has good updrafts (they've been at the Vehicle Assembly Building in Cape Canaveral forever because it's a lovely high perch and the parking lots provide good updrafts. They are not waiting for dying government employees.)

All birders are aware that buzzards can easily be spotted around the cities and around parks -- no, (and PLEASE pay attention all of you "end timers") it's not a sign of the coming apocalypse or battle or anything.

Cities have cars. Cities have pets and wildlife. Cars hit pets and wildlife. Cities are great places for buzzards to hang out since there's lots of nice nesting places and also landfills and garbage to eat as well as some small wildlife and rotting plant material.

There's nothing Biblical about it and everything BIOLOGICAL about it.

By the way, these are vultures that we have here in Texas; not buzzards. Buzzards belong to the genus, Buteo, which includes the hawks and the eagles:
en.wikipedia.org...

We do get the turkey vulture here in Texas -- judging from their behavior, that's what you saw. These birds will roost together in flocks and will hunt together as well. You can get a rather large flock of them (I've seen 40 or so individuals in an area. en.wikipedia.org...

There were probably some black vultures in the group as well, though they don't do as much flocking: en.wikipedia.org...

If there are vultures in the area, you can *call* them to you. Just start singing your favorite song (something with a beat... words don't matter) at the top of your lungs. They apparently associate that sort of sound with "something is dying" and quite a few of them will show up to circle around your head. It's really rather funny.

[edit on 25-3-2005 by Byrd]

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
We have these big black birds .... That i have always called buzzards ... and I do not give a (&*f what you call them if you come here and call them turkey vultures you will get laughed at. But anyways, there is nothing ... in this neighborhood ... A matter a fact there is a 18 hole golf course right in the middle of this neighborhood. Look up Crown Colony gold course one of the top rated courses in the USA .... What would be dead on a top rated golf course that would attract 50 scavenger birds .... I have killed and slaughtered 10- 15 hogs at a time ... and yeah we get some attention .. Coyotes come at night and there are always approximately 5-10 buzzards that come in from all around the area. Especially where we throw all of the guts and bones.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
They hang around the golf courses here, too. Clear-cut area, change in thermal patterns, near decent roosts. Late in the afternoon, I see them hovering over the beltways.

You're welcome to call the vultures "buzzards." Some folks do. It's kinda odd that you say that we Texans would snicker at calling the bird a vulture. I know we're Southerners, but we're really NOT uneducated, y'know.

Anyway, they're interesting birds with some odd defense mechanisms (they throw up on things in addition to the usual bird trick of flapping, pecking, and pooping.) Like the seagull, this is NOT a bird to go sneaking up on. A friend of mine (birder) scared one once... oy... he was WEEKS getting that smell out of his clothes! We almost made him WALK home!

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
That makes sense the fairwys ... provide really good draft for the wind ... if they like that kinda thing that is what it is ... There is only a gold course there and just some woods in between my Apartments and this Huge Resort like country club with houses all around it. If something was to be conspired in this town it would have to do with someone that had money. Well everyone that lives back there has lots of MONEY. That is the only reason I was wondering. Anyhow ... Thanks for the information ... Adios . ! Thread Closed

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
``

Maybe it really is =>not unusual behavior

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
OMG!!
Its not the republican nomination time again is it?

Originally posted by Journey
Can't stop laughing.
But I do think there is a positively logical scientific explanation to the Buzzards behaviour.
WrenLittle

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Before earth activity the earths magnetics go all wonky and you will see birds flying into windows, birds flying in formation in opposite directions than normal and birds gathering in groups to fly away.

I have often watched birds before small quakes here in Australia and noted the many times they have flown into windows and acted bizzare, only to have a quake shortly afterwards.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
if this thread keeps running it will uncover something ... we just need to put everyone information together .. I am googling and seeing if any bird studies have been done here in Texas ... There are a couple but mainly off of other birds. Not Scavengers for some reason they are off the readar. Sort of ... will someone see if they can find research on Scavenger birds in Texas or USA.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join