It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The next century of spaceflight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 05:41 PM
link   

"An artist's conception depicts one concept for a spacecraft that could carry an inflatable habitat suitable for a trip to Mars."

I don't know about you people, but that is not something I would rely upon for a journey to mars!

I just hope the artist hasn't seen the prototype, cause that is not going to work.

Maybe if it's an orbital facility or transport, I just know that thing is not for entery.

Link

[Edited on 15-7-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 05:45 PM
link   
There would have to be some kind of reentry vehicle on the craft for the crew to ride in. Also the craft may setting into orbit when it gets back to earth and a shuttle might dock with it to get the crew.

who

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I agree, that thing looks like it would fold up and fall apart if it tried to enter an atmosphere or land. Maybe it launches the inflatable habitat at the planet and it lands by itself. Just speculation, looks pretty wild either way.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Is it just me or does that look like a giant roll of toilet paper on the end of a metal scaffold? NASA must have come up with such a lame idea. They should at least put comics on the outside of it to make it look like funny toilet paper.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I doubt future space craft will have Re-entry vessles.

I believe that planets will have docking ships that are sent up and attach themselves to massive interplanetary craft, because the cost of having a smaller ship for self re-entry, and the cost of wasting space for a re-entry ship can be negated by smaller craft that are used for up and back down uses.

So basically we'll have moveable space stations

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 08:35 PM
link   
The above is officially the shortest post by FM!

[Edited on 16-7-2003 by ADVISOR]

new topics

top topics

join