It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me choose again

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I'm getting bald and fast. I have to find something to cover up my aging

There are so many options.

Hair transplant... I find this a rather odd option. Could I transplant some of my Intimacy hair on to my head? That would be fun.

Brushing them over... is like not an option with my dreadlocks, although if I wear them like a palm it basically covers my bald, but it is very uncomfortable to wear a palm.

Wigs... yeah right now that you know my hairstyle, are there any dreadlocks wig? Or a normal hair wig amongst the dreads could look funny too.

Hats... Have been on my mind for a long time, there are just so many options. Felt, leather, straw, cowboy, trilby, Bogart, bowler.

What would any of you suggest, did I miss options?
Any Hat aficionados, that would like to chime in?

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

All I can tell you is that after almost 6 months now, Rogaine doesn't seem to have done any good at all. It was a Christmas gift. I think I need to try something else.

I think my head's kinda big. lol. I rarely find hats that actually fit good.
(both feel comfortable & look good)

I just go with a bandana most of the time in the Summer, but I'd rather not.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Bald men are sexy and confident.

edit on 16-6-2021 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Oh, yeah, right, I forgot chemicals. They should not waste their research on Virus Vaccines when there are much more pressing issues, when is that bald head vaccine coming?

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

yeah, I hoped I could ride that self reinforcement slogan a little longer: "hairy men are strong and viril"

but will eventually have to embrace my baldness, a hat is never wrong though...

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Joe Biden had successful hair transplants, when he saw the consultant they suggested he used hair from his wife's intimate area, Joe asked why.....The consultant said that hair transpants work best if they go from one cun# to another......

On a serious note a friend of mine who is now 45 suffered from early balding and he tried everything, nothing worked for him so about seven years ago he had a hair transplant done and it worked really well.

He had it done in Thailand as it was far cheaper. He said they had to cut his hair much shorter to make it easier to take hair from the side and back of his head and transfer it to the front and the crown.
He had lots of swelling and pain for about 5 days but was then OK. No problems after.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 05:33 AM
link   
This happened to me in my early twenties. Sucks but that’s life.

Just face facts and shave it is about all you can do. You can borrow my previous style - shaved head with a five dreadlock mullet. The ladies love it.

Don’t let it get you down I’d actually be interested to see a study done on the correlation between male pattern baldness and depression (and other mental illnesses) as I believe there may be a link.

Oh! And I am definitely a hat afficionado and have been since a kid....my wife said I had to get rid of three old ones before getting a new one recently as I have 20+; sports teams, brands, an Akubra (Aussie widebrim hat), Victorian high country huts association you name it!
edit on 1662021 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

edit on 1662021 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

....I’d actually be interested to see a study done on the correlation between male pattern baldness and depression (and other mental illnesses) as I believe there may be a link.

There might possibly even be a link in both directions.

At least for me anyways, it very well could be possible that my depression led to my hair thinning.(I don't use the nasty 'B' word. It's still just 'thinning')

I'm sure the depression played a role anyways, just how big of a role is the question.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Why not shave it completely, and go with the shiny bald look?

Anything else really just looks like you're trying to cover something up.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

You might be on to something, I was a depressed teenager and at the time I shaved my head and it didn’t grow back was definitely not in a good place.

Thanks for sharing

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

You're an outdoorsy person are you? What about hats, do you wear hats? Felt or leather?

You know the story of Samson, do you

edit on CDTAmerica/ChicagoWed, 16 Jun 2021 06:01:40 -0500pAmerica/Chicago6America/Chicago by Terpene because: (no reason given)

edit on CDTAmerica/ChicagoWed, 16 Jun 2021 06:18:59 -0500pAmerica/Chicago6America/Chicago by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 06:01 AM
link   

I'm getting bald and fast. I have to find something to cover up my aging

Why not just be you ?

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Because I suck

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Hats... Have been on my mind for a long time, there are just so many options. Felt, leather, straw, cowboy, trilby, Bogart, bowler.

Thank God you didn't mention the common baseball cap. If you're gonna wear a hat, wear a HAT.
I've worn Stetson for decades and never been disappointed in the quality. Rain, snow, sleet, they stand up to all of it. I recommend Sheplers for a place to start looking. Good prices, good selection, free shipping on anything over $75.....and let's face it, any good quality hat is going to be more than $75.

www.sheplers.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

This is something I have thought about, and personally, I'd rather it look like I might be trying to cover something up, as opposed to letting it be seen what I am covering up.

Even though it looks like you're covering something up, it still can't be known for sure.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Just go for the Heihachi Mishima(from Tekken) look,always a safe bet.

Or if you have a green sharpie handy,color in the tufts to emulate Keith Flint(RIP)from The Prodigy.

Both great looks for job interviews/hooking up with chicks/getting stopped and searched by cops and other kinds of mischief.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

This is something I have thought about, and personally, I'd rather it look like I might be trying to cover something up, as opposed to letting it be seen what I am covering up.

Even though it looks like you're covering something up, it still can't be known for sure.

Yep, this.

Some people are surprised to hear I shave my head due to baldness as it only really shows after two days or so. As for people with a full head of hair shaving it cause they think it looks good, that’s like us getting glasses we don’t need.

Much like the first time I shaved my head and it didn’t grow back I fear if I razor it my stubble will be gone!

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
Wigs...

Hats...

Get the hat that has a built in mullet.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Oh, finally a mad hatter, was getting bored by all the psychologists...

Did you go with leather or wool felt or even fur felt? What are the pros and cons. I imagine felt to be very hot but also breathable, whereas leather is less breathable but not so hot. What about fur felt, is it worth the extra bucks or is it just a prestige thing?

They only sell cowboy hats...

I love the look of Bogart hats, It has the style but still insinuates some badassness. I want something all-rounder with style

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Every couple of months I "top up" by smearing the bald patch with glue then emptying the bag off my vacuum cleaner over it.

Whatever sticks is my new style.

No one talks to me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join