It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speeding Time???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   
An even happened to me when i was younger that i cant explain... I was quite young at the time, maybe 8, but i still remember it like it was yesterday. I welcome anyones opinions and input on this subject.

I was staying the night at my grandparents house, and i was real scared that night for no known reason, and i just couldnt go to sleep (it is an old, and kind of eery house, but it has good vibes, so i am normally VERY comfortably in it. I consider it to be HOME.)... So i just layed there. After about a half an hour or so, something really weird happened. It was as if i totally lost any sense of time. And i remember laying there, and it go from night time to early morning, to the sun fully rising, in a matter of what seemed to me like 20 seconds.It was as if time had SPED UP!.. After the sun fully rose, i just continued to lay there. it was like i couldnt move! I remember my cousin came in to the room and she asked me if i was going to lay there forever, or if im going to get up and eat my breakfast cold... but i still didnt get up until about 10 minutes. And it seemed like JUST THEN did i regain consciousness.

I can remember for the whole day i was extremely lethargic and pretty much zoned out the entire day.. It was really odd. When all of the younger kids in my family asked if i wanted to do something with them, i had no interest at all. And they were activities that i normally would have LOVED to do.

If anyone can help me with this that would be awesome... Its been nagging at me a lot lately, i dont know why. I just want an answer. to what could have happened.

[edit on 3/23/2005 by antigovFZ777]

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 05:09 AM
link   
This has happened to me many times, only the time that passed was only a few seconds but seemed to go by isntantaneously. It feels sorta like when a computer glitches and gets really sticky with its commands, jumping from screen to screen almost at random, only your mind is the computer. I personally beleive that this happens when the part of your brain that keeps track of time shuts down as if you were asleep, only you arn't asleep. Time never sped up, it is just that you were not keeping track of time, so it seems as if a period of time never happened. it may be hard to accept that time was still going and your mind just wasn't paying attention, but i think that that is the only possible explination for this phenomenon.
By the way, it sucks don't it? It wasn't easy for me either.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I find it funny that a fan of my favorite band is the only one to reply to my post.

Thanks for that. I never though about it that way... Can parts of your brain shut down temporarily while others keep going? Ive never heard of that. But i dont see why not...

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Hate to break this to ya...as you get older this will occur more and more often...it's why really old people drive so slow and always seem to be in no hurry...time seems to pass more quickly with age...personally I think it has to do with our ability to compare the flow of time to our experienced time.

For instance, a 2 year old thinks 5 minutes is FOREEVER but I've blinked and suddenly noticed it's an hour later..

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Why drive slow? Old poeple could get a real thrill by just driving the speed limit. I can't wait to get senile.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
This happens to me quite a bit.

Personally I think time is a whole heap of crap but this happens when people are deeply engrossed in something, they loose time spacial awareness and can be trance like without knowing it while doing something they enjoy.... I think this is what you are on about here... looking at a clock an realising that a good few hours have vanished when you thought you'd only been there for a few seconds?

My friends and I used to joke around being unemployed and floating around a lot meant that we'd often forget what day it was afer a while days can feel like a part of the week...''oh, it feels like a friday today'' this is when time and spacial gets messed up the most. I missed a day or two last week (theres a joke there if you notice) and this week got baffed cause it was a bank holiday friday so I was out and about thinking it was a saturday.

Definatly to do with a persons body clock & time and spacial awareness.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Several times i have looked at a clock and could swear i saw the minute hand move a great bit. ANyway, good friday and having off school really messed me up. I could swear today is sunday.

top topics

join