It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3629 visitors on AboveTopSecret.com

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   

There are a total of 191 registered members and 3629 visitors on AboveTopSecret.com domains right now.

This was taken from the ATS status bar as of 01:08 March 23 2005 GMT.

Doesn't that seem highly inflated from previous numbers? It seems as if the Minn. murders have thrown ATS in the spotlight regardless of if we as a community accept it or not.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I beleive so, too. Maybe thats why ATS has slowed down yesterday and today!

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Yeah, i just checked those out before I saw this thread. INSANE. That's really a lot of people. What was it right after the election? That's when registered users hit max, and we've inflated a lot since then.

ATS IS F'ING METAL!

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Hum......I have been slow too, I wounder if the extra attention is only from prospects wanting to join the boards.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I noticed a bit of a slowdown too BUT there has been no need to kick the board into low resolution mode!!

The new server seems to be doing very well.

Any comment on that S.O.?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Seems to me that 4000+ visitors are not uncommon... We often get a lot of traffic here.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Maybe people are tired of the same old fodder fed to them on the network news. There is something to say about group conscience...

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The number seemd too high. Even though we get significantly more traffic from guests than members... that much more seemed a bit odd. I checked the code and it looks like I was too generous with the session timeout calculation... allowing session lengths of 20 minutes when I intended 10. It's now 10 -- it calculates that a user session is still active no more than 10 minutes after a user's last click.

It's now 1,700 +/- guests... more like it.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Goddamn factors of two...

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
...It's now 10 -- it calculates that a user session is still active no more than 10 minutes after a user's last click.

Hmmm... raises an interesting question.

How long does the average guest spend on the site?

Do they stumble on here, think OMG! and leave quickly (
) or are they sucked in and stay around?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Skeptic, everytime I read your posts now I hear it in the voice of the Jesus.
It's kind of creepy to hear that guy talk tech

I did notice the past weekend seemed slow. Most other places on the net the weekend is peak time. I guess ATSers have more of a life

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Skeptic, everytime I read your posts now I hear it in the voice of the Jesus.
It's kind of creepy to hear that guy talk tech

If my upload center worked
I could upload a pic I have of him licking his bowling ball.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I'm sorry,

I just can't help myself

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Wait, is that SO? NO WAY!!! That guy isn't 7'2 380lbs of muscle with a brain the size of a basketball.....could that truly be god/SO?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Hmmm we should charge the guest per page views lol hmm... i could use the pocket change just kidding but if any of the guests are reading this thread i really encourage you to join if you have not already done so it's really fun

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Wait, is that SO? NO WAY!!! That guy isn't 7'2 380lbs of muscle with a brain the size of a basketball.....could that truly be god/SO?

That's not God, it's Jesus.
Fans of The Big Lebowski will recognize him and Skeptic's other avatar.

Back on topic:
Nearly 4,000 visitors within a period of 20 minutes is still impressive.
It would be interesting to know how many guests are repeat guests vs one-time visitors.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Do they stumble on here, think OMG! and leave quickly ( ) or are they sucked in and stay around?

I was DEFINITELY one of the "sucked in" ones! lol

There is only 191 of us? To me that seems low... and how many visitors there are compared to how many register tell me that most people ARENT "sucked in." lol. oh well, they miss out on a lot of entertainment, and a lot of knowledge and truth.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by antigovFZ777
There is only 191 of us? To me that seems low...

There were 191 on at one time (or within a 20 minute period)

There are 36,560 board members and almost 1,600 visited ATS within the last 24 hours.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   

There were 191 on at one time (or within a 20 minute period)

MY BAD! lol, that was quite a drastic misunderstanding on my part. lol. I knew 191 total couldnt be right! Thanks for the info.

top topics

join