It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fallen Law Enforcement Officer remembered for her passion for conservation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   
www.mprnews.org...

Officer Sarah Grell, a 39 year old Conservation Officer with DNR, died following a traffic collision which a truck struck her patrol vehicle. She left behind a husband and three children.

Sarah will be remembered for her passion for conservation, wildlife management, charming personality and her strength of character. Bringing those assets with her to every call and investigation. She was the 4th sworn LEO in her family.

RIP to another line of duty death

edit on 6/5/2021 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Not knowing the back story fully I cant help but remember the many people who went up against corporations that were polluting often with health implications for people that then had convenient car crashes as the corporations were seeking to put the fire of public awareness they had started out, though most of those were private citizens.

I know this was likely just a tragic accident and 39 is far too young to go, God watch over this lady's family and her colleagues and protect them.

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I wonder as well Lab
Given the prevalence of this level of pollution and dumping it would not surprise me. Add to it the never ending stream of poachers, trespassers and random strangers prowling the woods, DNR Officers have a very dangerous job and my undying respect for what they do

Everyone eho enjoys hunting, fishing, camping or just having a stable wildlife population in a managed forest environment has DNR Conservation Officers to thank. Not to mention the regular law enforcement duties they find themselves in, from traffic stops to responding with state and local LE to emergency calls

They often do these things in remote areas with no backup

A profound loss

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

They often do these things in remote areas with no backup

The most outrageous case I ever heard of was a Conservation Officer in Ky [ this was probably around 25 years ago ] was just out a routine check for fishing license at a local lake. If you were caught without a license at that time, the fine was maybe $ 25 and if the judge wanted he could deny you a fishing license for one year. [ which was very very rare ]
One guy was caught without a license and instead of just taking the ticket and go home, he shot and killed the officer.
All over a damn fishing license.

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Such a shame! To shoot someone just doing their job, especially when the shooter is in the wrong and they know it. What a tragedy

Heck I have been nailed myself for fishing and forgot my license but I explained it to the officer and he said no problem at all bring it next time. Honesty and cooperation goes along way

top topics

join