It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sistine Chapel of the ancients discovered...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

They would have to be in on the scam and that's why there would have to be a political angle, basically they would have to support FARC, therefore Channel4, the Guardian et al.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Madrusa

They would have to be in on the scam and that's why there would have to be a political angle, basically they would have to support FARC, therefore Channel4, the Guardian et al.

Then lets hope if it is a scam, it gets exposed sooner rather than later, but I won't hold my breath.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Madrusa

So, Channel 4, broadcasters of naked dating shows and "The Man with 10 Stone Testicles" is in bed with South American paramilitary groups? This doesn't seem very likely, frankly.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Sure, but i'm sure some aspects of the site are genuine old bones and such and i wouldn''t be surprised to find petroglyphs there, but not painting, Pusharo meantime seems to have become a site of Kek worship, beware of imitations i guess.

a reply to: FatherLukeDuke

They practically invented fake and gay...
edit on 11-5-2021 by Madrusa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Madrusa

do I see some sort of cup and ring marks there ? looks very similar to the cup and rings in scotland

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Sure, but i'm sure some aspects of the site are genuine old bones and such and i wouldn''t be surprised to find petroglyphs there, but not painting, Pusharo meantime seems to have become a site of Kek worship, beware of imitations i guess.

I don't know, for the most part, it seems in keeping with other documented rock art sites in South America.

www.bradshawfoundation.com...
www.bradshawfoundation.com...

And as you can see, they are in similar states of preservation. The European cave paintings usually only survive when a cave becomes sealed, trapping moisture, a nice consistently humid environment, a rain forest does the same I presume.

However one thing struck me as odd - there are hand prints. That's unusual I think. All other examples that I have seen are hand stencils, the paint blown around the hand.

The site has received considerable coverage since the paper was published in December, I don't know enough to know if it is real or fake and have to trust the integrity of the peer review process but I would be suspicious of anyone attempting to push a particular narrative as a consequence of their "interpretation" of the art and will continue looking to see how the hand-prints fit in to the time line because they do seem a little out of place.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: KilgoreTrout

The examples you sourced are from a semi-arid region and seem better protected in terms of overhanging shelter and look more naturally faded but do provide an interesting comparison to take into account, i don't understand why the video in the OP is showing Lascaux type cave art, though that may just be down to the video maker

The elements involved are similar to those at Pusharo in Peru, a mystical map of the region, the river, settlements, cultic sites and associated spiritual forces, that looks much more natural and authentic at Pusharo, the Frog God motifs were carved into the hills on a large scale, so what was seen on the map had actual location, in Colombia the placement of the elements wouldn't make sense in terms of natural disposition of those elements.

There are also elements from what look more like Mid-Western bison hunting culture which i'd be surprised to find in Colombia, but perhaps by some miracle it is a compendium of all forms of rock art.

edit on 12-5-2021 by Madrusa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 07:06 AM
link   

The examples you sourced are from a semi-arid region and seem better protected in terms of overhanging shelter and look more naturally faded but do provide an interesting comparison to take into account, i don't understand why the video in the OP is showing Lascaux type cave art, though that may just be down to the video maker

Some of that footage is Lascaux or one of the other European cave sites. Presumably the maker intended to show them in comparison to the Amazon site but then forgot and just included the images randomly without properly crediting them - which of course draws into question all the other images in that particular clip.

edit on 12-5-2021 by KilgoreTrout because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: KilgoreTrout

Some of that footage is Lascaux or one of the other European cave sites. Presumably the maker intended to show them in comparison to the Amazon site but then forgot and just included the images randomly without properly crediting them - which of course draws into question all the other images in that particular clip.

As it should. It was sloppy on the part of that youtube channel. Thanks to both of you for pointing it out.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Looks like the ancient people like pretzels!

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: filthyphilanthropist
I wonder if they're salted.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: filthyphilanthropist

Well really I think everyone loves a good pretzel. I wonder if that's the microwavable kind you have with nacho cheese or just out of a bag...

edit on 12-5-2021 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 09:49 PM
link   

a reply to: FatherLukeDuke

The area is controlled by Farc so they would be responsible,

The evidence to support your supposition wpuld be what?

everything about the painting is wrong, normally one finds a confused layering as murals were added to over long periods, this has been created at the same time by the same hand,

More hyperbolic conjecture. There was no need for layering when.there were miles of rockface to utilize.

the themes are a pastiche from other known sites, what you get if you google rock art, they look like they were painted last week because they pretty much were, in a decade they will be faded in the tropical climate, paintings of this type only survive in dry conditions,

Then how did the Laacaux paintings survive for 15-17KA? When.they were first found, the paint was still wet to the touch.

this is a political and cultural crime.

No. All of the above is unsupported conjecture.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I am not even close to an archaeologist but some of the inscription look relatively recent to me. I see a lot of what look like turtles. In the image below it looks like someone scribbled the area at the end of the arrow with a Sharpie. Putting that aside it just does not look authentic to me but like I said I am nowhere near an expert.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Diogeneser
Obviously, you are not the first to question the age and authenticity of the site, which is as it should be, but until someone can show enough evidence that this group of archaeologists are lying or just wrong, we'll have to wait and see what comes of it once other academics have had their say.

See also Chiribiquete National Park

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I really enjoy this type of find. I hope it is truly authentic and can't really see why someone would fake it in the first place.
Our ancestors were some clever folks who lived in the area and probably knew it quite well, maybe they knew where and how to create their art so that later generations could see it? For now I will put away my skeptic hat and just treat it as real.

Besides, If I was gonna hoax something like this it would have a healthy smattering of "UFO'S" mixed in to really cause a stir

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join