It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what the hacked or what

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   
hi dont no what is going on here but someone has put a unmarked leter in my leter box with all the sites i have looked at from this forum. so what does this mean has some one hacked my com .if so why only things i looked at from this site and why go to the troble of puting it in my leter box. has any one had this happen . trus me im not a nut i only use this site to read what peple think .i dont get much talk from my local pub

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Can you copy and paste the letter?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Never had that happen to me before? Probably should have put it in Board Questions and Business.

Sounds pretty freaky if you ask me.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   
was this your actual physical real world letter box or an e-mail account?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
yes at my house i no this sounds strange .i dont understand what it is supost to mean is it to show off that i no whot you are looking at were you are .who ever it is nock on my door i would like to see you face to face

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by eggman
hi dont no what is going on here but someone has put a unmarked leter in my leter box with all the sites i have looked at from this forum. so what does this mean has some one hacked my com .if so why only things i looked at from this site and why go to the troble of puting it in my leter box. has any one had this happen . trus me im not a nut i only use this site to read what peple think .i dont get much talk from my local pub

Well, you might want to start off a little less creepy than that. Unless there is actually some good reason why you are important enough or dangerous enough to actually be watched by the powers that be. If you're just the average type of person for the most part, start by asking yourself some simple questions.

1.) How "open" is your computer in regards to someone being able to connect from the net???

2.) Assume just for now that someone did gain access from a trojan or dialer or whatever, is your personal address and name and so forth located anywhere within your PC?? (including: who the machine is registered to, text files, email info, accounting spreadsheet, etc. etc.)

3.) Is there anyone else at your house that may just be screwing around with you??? (Someone else perhaps with physical access to your system.)

4.) Examine the envelope and letter itself.
Was it hand written or typed?
Return address or identification of some kind anywhere?
Was it just a normal envelope or one with the random noise printed inside so you can't just see through the paper?
What else besides the list was there, anything???
Was it "lick sealed" or saliva free easy stick???

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The letter had to come from somewhere, there should be an entry point zip code from the post office. For anyone to have your home address, I'd think that they'd get it form your IP address. However, posters aren't given that information merely by being on site. I have noticed that lots of people had those "your ip address is..." signatures that were popular as a fad for a while. I suppose there could be one that records the IPs it displays and sends them back to the poster. This should leave some sort of trail.

You should contact the post office, inform them that you are not to receive any more mail from that originating office, contact ATS admin also so they can investigate. At least, perhaps, the poster, if not that actual person, can be id'd. If so, they'd obviously be permanently banned.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Look like the typical trojan horse spybot thing. Get your computer protected if it's not, by using Zonealarm and making regular scans with the program Spybot. If you still have this kind of problem, then format you hard drive and reinstall your operating system, and this time protect it with all the firewall, anti-virus, spyware removal programs you can find (the free ones, commercial ones are dangerous) and use proxys to surf the net. After that, if you still have these letters, then it must be somebody from your house that is doing a very weird joke...

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
yes i have all the spysweeper ,spybot,adware,vet,firewall,i live alone and the letter was on a plane sheet off paper in my letter box at my house i dont think it is any conspiracy i just dont no how they did it . i have found ths site www.grc.com... which is helping me to work it out. i supose this a good thing now i see how unsafe this thing is

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   

i live alone and the letter was on a plane sheet off paper in my letter box at my house i dont think it is any conspiracy i just dont no how they did it .

Can you scan the paper and post it that way?

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   

IMHO

I mean..c'mon. Y'all are buying this?

I got some really nice bridges for sale...

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Every link on here is also available through Google.

Someone is playing on someone else's ignorance.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I realize he is a troll, I wanted him to tell my no to all my question, how every he would, then call hime a liar.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   

yes at my house i no this sounds strange .i dont understand what it is supost to mean is it to show off that i no whot you are looking at were you are .who ever it is nock on my door i would like to see you face to face

Is it me, who you really want to see face to face? Just a question...

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 03:17 AM
link   
MONKS: [chanting]
Pie Iesu domine, dona eis requiem.
[bonk]
Pie Iesu domine,...
[bonk]
...dona eis requiem.
[bonk]
Pie Iesu domine,...
[bonk]
...dona eis requiem.
CROWD:
A troll! A troll!
[bonk]
A troll! A troll!
MONKS: [chanting]
Pie Iesu domine...
CROWD:
A troll! A troll! A troll! A troll! We've found a troll! A troll! A troll! A troll! A troll! We've got a troll! A troll! A troll! Burn her! Burn her! Burn her! We've found a troll! We've found a troll A troll! A troll! A troll!
VILLAGER #1:
We have found a troll. May we burn her?

CROWD:
Burn her! Burn! Burn her! Burn her!
BEDEVERE:
How do you know she is a troll?
VILLAGER #2:
She looks like one.
CROWD:
Right! Yeah! Yeah!

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
[...]
CROWD:
Right! Yeah! Yeah!

I'm going off topic now, but interestingly enough - think about where that goes after that ... Did *we* do the nose & hat I wonder ?

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   

For anyone to have your home address, I'd think that they'd get it form your IP address.

Your IP address, 99/100 times, will NOT give away your exact physical location. Sometimes, they dont even give you a location that is anywhere NEAR where you live.

Chances are (assuming its a hacker) they simply hacked your machine, made a copy of your temp. internet files, and read them. If they found your address on your machine, than they probably just sent it to you as a joke.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Topic is one big detour that will abruptly end with a dead end....

Thread closed

seekerof

new topics

top topics

join