It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 lined squirrels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I don’t know about where you guys are, but we have a massive problem with these 13 lined squirrels. They
Are adorable, but very destructive.
We have tried everything to get rid of them from the yard. The bucket of death, filling their holes with water, putting repellant in their holes, human hair, dog hair, hot pepper. Nothing worked.....

Except....

The one thing I didn’t think would work. Those stupid sonic solar stakes that make a buzzing noise.
I can hardly believe it. Not a single squirrel in sight. Seriously, not one! If you have voles, or moles they work on them too.
The trick is that you have to really put the stake in solid ground in order for it to vibrate correctly.
The great thing is it is non poisonous, non lethal, and it drives them to your neighbors yard (A plus if you don’t like your neighbors)

Just thought I would share in case anyone else is dealing with these devilish critters in your gardens.
Get planting, we may all need it soon.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
I heard they taste like dirt.
Is that true?
Prairie dogs are said to taste like that too, but some Native American tribes ate them anyway.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I heard they taste like dirt.
Is that true?
Prairie dogs are said to taste like that too, but some Native American tribes ate them anyway.

Don’t know never had them. My FIL used to eat squirrel but said they tasted real bad.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Cool. I'm looking at these on Amazon, and they say they're for moles and ground burrowing animals. But you say it works on squirrels too! Interesting!

I wonder if they'd work on raccoons? We have a pair of raccoons hanging out in the trees in our back yard, wreaking havoc with the sod!

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Those sonic pest control things also keep kids out of your yard. We cannot sense them when we get older, but kids tend to sense them. That could be beneficial but a curse too if your kid knows it, then they will have an excuse to go wander around town with their friends while you think they are in the yard.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Cool. I'm looking at these on Amazon, and they say they're for moles and ground burrowing animals. But you say it works on squirrels too! Interesting!

I wonder if they'd work on raccoons? We have a pair of raccoons hanging out in the trees in our back yard, wreaking havoc with the sod!

Oh my
How ironic you have a coon problem?
Hope these tools solve it for you!

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

13 lined squirrels are burrowing. They will tear up a yard pretty bad an multiply rapidly.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 04:33 AM
link   
At the camp ground I used to work at, they would fill a milk jug with water and drain it down into their hole, covering their hole with the jug opening. As the water drained into their hole, they'd run up into the jug and now you captured one or two live in the jug.

I've been dealing with moles. I notice they don't hibernate, they dig around my lawn all winter. When spring comes and I start mowing the lawn, the moles leave because they don't like the vibrations, even if it's just once a week I do the lawn mowing. So I have no doubt that this device will work on moles. Can you tell us more, like the brand and product name?
edit on 4-5-2021 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Mole max solar spike. Remember put it in solid ground

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Squirrel tastes good in soup.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   

At least you didn't try to stuff them into a pillowcase.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I don’t know about where you guys are, but we have a massive problem with these 13 lined squirrels. They
Are adorable, but very destructive.
We have tried everything to get rid of them from the yard. The bucket of death, filling their holes with water, putting repellant in their holes, human hair, dog hair, hot pepper. Nothing worked.....

Except....

The one thing I didn’t think would work. Those stupid sonic solar stakes that make a buzzing noise.
I can hardly believe it. Not a single squirrel in sight. Seriously, not one! If you have voles, or moles they work on them too.
The trick is that you have to really put the stake in solid ground in order for it to vibrate correctly.
The great thing is it is non poisonous, non lethal, and it drives them to your neighbors yard (A plus if you don’t like your neighbors)

Just thought I would share in case anyone else is dealing with these devilish critters in your gardens.
Get planting, we may all need it soon.

Interesting. My parents had a huge squirrel problem for a while, until my 86 yr old Dad figured out a good solution.

One problem with your solution - I imagine it would have similar results with all of the other wildlife they really enjoy watching from their window - deer, wild turkeys, even the occasional bears, etc. They don't want to drive everything away, just the squirrels that eat all of the deer food he puts out.

Oh - his solution? Target practice with his 22 rifle.

top topics

join