It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

71% of Americans Agreed Chauvin was Guilty

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Well I saw what I saw on video and I didn't pay attention to the protestors, or anything else. Cops can go off the deep end. So we have this and that, tisk for a tat and so on. Cop violence also happened to Waterglass. Not anywhere near close to this matter.

As the state Trooper continued to grunt as he could not get the handcuffs on me as I wasn't resisting. I am a big boy. 6' 1" and 213. Mostly muscle and not much fat. I finally asked him why is he doing this to me. I was in a suit and tie. I offered no resistance. I am white of NO privileged and outside of speeding don't break the law. Oh I didn't hear his command over the roar of traffic.

He stopped and on we went.

So this guy loses his life. Sorry, but in my view it was over the top excessive force.

Here's the article

Exclusive: Americans overwhelmingly approve of Chauvin guilty verdict, USA TODAY/Ipsos snap poll finds

WASHINGTON – In the hours after a guilty verdict was announced in the murder trial of former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin, an exclusive USA TODAY/Ipsos snap poll found Americans overwhelmingly approved of the jury's finding. The survey, conducted just hours after the judge announced the verdict, found 71% of Americans agreed Chauvin was guilty, and most Americans surveyed followed at least some coverage of the three-week trial. Further, 62% of those polled said they would accept the verdict and do nothing further like march or protest; 61% of Democrats and Republicans alike answered that way. About 16% said they would join rallies or protests in accepting the verdict, while a total of 12% said they rejected the verdict. In describing this new Ipsos/USA Today poll, Ipsos’s Cliff Young said, “we find a rare moment of bipartisan consensus that George Floyd’s killing was a crime and consequences are justified.”

Now lets work on the politicians

edit on 21-4-2021 by Waterglass because: added

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass
I have a bridge to sell you. PM me

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Oathkeeper73

Sorry too late. I fell for the drain the swamp thing so I bought the swamp. I am still looking for Jimmy

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

Well I saw what I saw on video and I didn't pay attention to the protestors, or anything else. Cops can go off the deep end. So we have this and that, tisk for a tat and so on. Cop violence also happened to Waterglass. Not anywhere near close to this matter.

As the state Trooper continued to grunt as he could not get the handcuffs on me as I wasn't resisting. I am a big boy. 6' 1" and 213. Mostly muscle and not much fat. I finally asked him why is he doing this to me. I was in a suit and tie. I offered no resistance. I am white of NO privileged and outside of speeding don't break the law. Oh I didn't hear his command over the roar of traffic.

So this guy loses his life. Sorry, but in my view it was over the top excessive force.

Here's the article

Exclusive: Americans overwhelmingly approve of Chauvin guilty verdict, USA TODAY/Ipsos snap poll finds

WASHINGTON – In the hours after a guilty verdict was announced in the murder trial of former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin, an exclusive USA TODAY/Ipsos snap poll found Americans overwhelmingly approved of the jury's finding. The survey, conducted just hours after the judge announced the verdict, found 71% of Americans agreed Chauvin was guilty, and most Americans surveyed followed at least some coverage of the three-week trial. Further, 62% of those polled said they would accept the verdict and do nothing further like march or protest; 61% of Democrats and Republicans alike answered that way. About 16% said they would join rallies or protests in accepting the verdict, while a total of 12% said they rejected the verdict. In describing this new Ipsos/USA Today poll, Ipsos’s Cliff Young said, “we find a rare moment of bipartisan consensus that George Floyd’s killing was a crime and consequences are justified.”

71% of the people probably didn't watch the trial. Just because the majority of the populace believes something doesn't make it true or right.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I watched the entire video.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I do not like BLM one bit, especially after the murder of a young lady for saying simply ALL LIVES MATTER.

They are a bunch of bigoted hate filled racists and nothing more.

BUT I can understand where that hatred came from.

That said ANY reasonable unbiased person given the laws of the place were this occurred would have had no option but to find the defendant guilty, to do otherwise would have been a miscarriage, training or no training you do not put your knee on somebody's neck and keep it there until they are dead, dead, dead.

That was not a police action that was extrajudicial execution or call it what it was, cold blooded murder.

The man could have been a felon it makes no difference, the police are supposed to PROTECT the public and that includes the Felon's whose well being they become responsible FOR when they arrest or detain them.

BUT in the defendant's defence he was WRONGLY - TRAINED (and therefore TOLD) - To USE this technique and I can not help but feel a bit of pity toward him despite his actions, the Burden of fault lies as much on the state, the police agency and it's trainers as it does on this man so is it fair to shovel ALL the blame onto him and make him a scapegoat for a far more wide ranging and serious issue, yes he shares some of the blame and was the primary defendant but this should be considered when taking his case into account.

The sensibility's of a hate filled lynch mob make no difference to the issue and should not affect the case in any way.

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   
There's a reason for trial by jury. Those people are forced to see and hear all the details of the case, not just a video and endless media speculation.

But the next time you get in trouble with the law we can let CNN decide what the real story will be, fill a news cycle with it, and then poll some people for you.

Good luck!

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   
And the fact he was having a possible heart attack or failure, stating I cant breathe before Chauvin took him out of the car?

Black Lesibians Matter!!! What, what.
edit on 21-4-2021 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Here's the article

71% of the people probably didn't watch the trial. Just because the majority of the populace believes something doesn't make it true or right.

*awkward sideways glance at democracy*
edit on 21-4-2021 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I have watched the vidios several times. There was no need in putting his knee on Floyd’s neck. That was over the top. Was it murder? Probably not, Floyd may have died anyway. But it was absolutely abuse of power.
edit on 21-4-2021 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I disagree somewhat. If Chauvin had done everything by the as he had been trained and Floyd died, the fault is the training method and technique and not necessarily Chauvin's. In that case there is still blame but it falls up the food chain on those authorizing and teaching such potentially lethal techniques.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 01:14 PM
link   

a reply to: Oathkeeper73

Sorry too late. I fell for the drain the swamp thing so I bought the swamp. I am still looking for Jimmy

I am RIGHT there with you. I bought the entire "drain the swamp" thing, I voted for him the first time around, I kept saying "it doesn't matter how crudely and vulgar he speaks, we didn't elect him for his talking points" I defended everything that crap-bag did for 3 years. I lost friends and family over HIM. Then, when WE needed him most (dealing with a virus, man-made or other) he turned his crap-bag back on ALL of us.

Lesson learned for Old Dorian here.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 01:19 PM
link   

So, by that statistical logic, had the jury in the case functioned as a jury of Chauvin's peers and a cross section of society, the outcome should have been a hung jury at 9-3 or 8-4.

Further evidence that this jury was influenced and the verdict was rooted in fear of violence and public tantrums should Chauvin walk.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

The man could have been a felon it makes no difference, the police are supposed to PROTECT the public and that includes the Felon's whose well being they become responsible FOR when they arrest or detain them.

see your delusional... the police are NOT here to protect anyone... they are here to enforce the law. there have been numerous supreme court cases about this.

They also have no obligation to de-escalate any situation nor do they need to take the mental state of someone being violent into account... again numerous supreme court cases to read up on here.

seriously way too many people living in their own dream worlds just making up what they think is right and wrong. instead of using your feelings try using objective facts and court precedent to see how the real world works.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: Edumakated

Here's the article

*awkward sideways glance at democracy*

*awkward sideways glance at someone who clearly doesn't understand America's 6th Amendment*
A criminal trial is not and should not be in any way tied to democracy. All 12 jurors must agree for a guilty verdict to be issued and all 12 must not be tampered with or otherwise influenced beyond the evidence presented in the courtroom during the trial. Otherwise it is a total sham.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I have watched the vidios several times. There was no need in putting his knee on Floyd’s neck. That was over the top.
a reply to: Nickn3

he used less force than he was allowed to. he could have immediately got out of the cop car and tased him...how is it abuse of power if he used LESS force than allowed.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
the police are supposed to PROTECT the public and that includes the Felon's whose well being they become responsible FOR when they arrest or detain them.

Police under zero mandate to protect citizens

The US Supreme Court has made it clear that law enforcement agencies are not required to provide protection to the citizens who are forced to pay the police for their "services."

In the cases DeShaney vs. Winnebago and Town of Castle Rock vs. Gonzales, the supreme court has ruled that police agencies are not obligated to provide protection of citizens. In other words, police are well within their rights to pick and choose when to intervene to protect the lives and property of others — even when a threat is apparent.

The courts disagree with you except when their political overlords deem it convenient to push that function of the police.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 01:32 PM
link   
he was guilty as hell

glad to know 71% of americans can agree on something common-sense every once in a while, gives me hope for the future

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420

I have watched the vidios several times. There was no need in putting his knee on Floyd’s neck. That was over the top.
a reply to: Nickn3

he used less force than he was allowed to. he could have immediately got out of the cop car and tased him...how is it abuse of power if he used LESS force than allowed.

The problem is people think just because they see something on video at one particular angle it cannot possibly be faulty...

It is pretty clear that Floyd died due to a drug overdose. Unfortunately, for Chauvin, it was right in the middle of him restraining Floyd. The video looks like he is choking Floyd out but as a different angle of the video showed, he was not actually compressing his neck but in fact on his shoulder. This is also corroborated by the fact there was zero damage or evidence to Floyd's windpipe.

If Chauvin is guilty of anything it is not being able to read a situation or showing lack of ability to notice that just maybe Floyd wasn't doing well. The video angle and lacck of eempathyis what did himin. However, I don't know if that is too tall an order to expect of police. Going forward, how are police supposed to assess the health of a suspect you are trying to restrain? Secondly, does this now mean that every miscreant / loser being arrested can now just claim "I can't breathe?" while being apprehended?

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Survey as reliable as a CNN news report...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join