It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Chocolate should be illegal

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: JAGStorm
One time I was craving it so bad my husband actually
drove me to the airport to get hot dogs.

"Dear, drive me to the airport, I crave lips and anuses!"

Something like that! LOL LOL...

posted on Apr, 24 2021 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

When I was growing up, 50 years ago, there was things thing called "potted meat". It was pink parts-is-parts and was often used in my sandwiches that I carried to school. It is pink for the same reason that hot dogs are pink: They are both comprised of fats, discarded meat trimmings, joints, and, as Burd so eloquently indicated, "lips and asuses." I suspect that both lips and anuses comprises less than 10% of the entire mass, for what that's worth.

I would not choose to live on hot dogs, however there are those times when they are just da bomb for what I want. But hey, I'm no judge of what is savory food. I grew up with my people make blood sausage and eating parts of an animal that would make city dogs puke. It's all good.

As to the chocolate? It's like everything else. I am a bit of a beer snob, but that's not to say that regular lagers are contemptable. I would take a Bud instead of water if I were merely parched. It's all a matter of degrees. I had some chocolate in Mexico that was so wonderful I brought home two pounds of it.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Rob808
What does race have to do with proper training?

Who brought up race? I brought up countries. I haven't seen any country except Japan classically train sushi chefs, have you? I don't know any other country that has a pizza TSG, do you?

I do know people who were trained in these methods that aren't Japanese or Italian respectively so I would let them touch my food.

Shall I go on?
You brought up race.

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
You brought up race.

I brought up nationality. Japanese is not a race. Irish is not a race. Try again.

edit on 25-4-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Apr, 25 2021 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I grew up eating Hershey bars, then was introduced to swiss chocolate. Lindt to be precise. I still like Hershey, but Lindt is much more refined. Sort of like comparing mad dog 20 20 to a fine wine.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Now now now---Their Quarter Pounder is "fresh never frozen" grade D but edible meat MAN

posted on Apr, 27 2021 @ 08:57 PM
link   
My Australian friend always called the American version "sour chocolate". After reading this thread, now I know why.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   

www.ethelm.com...

Some of the best chocolate I have ever tried... if you are in vegas some time check out their factory you can go through it like Willy Wonka.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I grew up mostly in Germany and Belgium.

An amazing benefit was learning from a young age what real chocolate tastes like.
(real food overall actually)
I really don't eat American chocolate.

As a Brit, I always assumed that British and American main chocolate brands were similar. Kit-Kat, Twix was created in UK, and then you have fully fledged American chocolate bars like Snickers, Milk Way. Then our own brands like Wispa and massive range that Cadbury produce.

But I went to New York and I had the experience of tasting the best burgers in my life to the worst chocolate bars. It quickly dawned on me why Americans call them Candy bars, because that's a more fitting name. I do love Snickers and Reece though, but I think it's mainly down to the fact that I love peanuts too.

As for German/Belgian/Swiss chocolate, I always associated brands like Schottegen, Ritter Sport, Knoppers and Milka as cheap chocolate. Since I'd go into Lidl and Aldi as a kid and get the cheap chocolate. I'm convinced that's how the two German supermarket chainstores became a raging success in the UK. It's not that everything was cheaper, it was the chocolate lol.

Personally Milka is my favorite.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I think it is because American chocolate makers like Hershey's uses Butyric acid in their chocolate.

The real reason why American chocolate tastes so terrible
www.dailymail.co.uk...

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join