It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are no evil alien races looking for world domination

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by freddieb

Originally posted by Croat56
How do you know an evil alien race hasnt found us yet, or another more powerful race is protecting us.

What is your rationale for believing such a thing? if that is in fact what you believe.

I dont know what to believe or not to on aliens, Im just saying you dont know whats going on up there so dont automatically assume that just because theyre technologically advanced dont believe that theyre good. I mean just look at us, we get most of our technology from warfare.

[edit on 21/3/05 by Croat56]

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I dont know what to believe or not to on aliens, Im just saying you dont know whats going on up there so dont automatically assume that just because theyre technologically advanced dont believe that theyre good. I mean just look at us, we get most of our technology from warfare.

Thats a really good point that i havent thought of. We do get most of our technology from warfare. So whats to make us think that they dont as well. Thus meaning if they are advanced enough to get here... uh oh.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by antigovFZ777
We have homefield advantage. And ive always wanted to die in my sleep. Or die fighting for something i feel strongly in.

Are you sure WE have homefield advantage?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Oh and by the way heres something to think about. If you were an EVIL alien race would you want to go and just destroy everyone on Earth in an instant? Being Evil and all wouldnt you rather manipulate them into believing the weirdest # and have them just kill themselves or something really wacko like that? I know I would! I would probably do what Satan and his angels did. Make the Earth worship me rather than destroy it like any other planet.

EDIT: People right now are so damn manipulated that they dont even know they are worshipping Satan. Hes even got the damn kids worshipping him and asking him for gifts. SANTA-anyone? SA-TAN!

[edit on 22-3-2005 by CmptrN3rd5]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   

People right now are so damn manipulated that they dont even know they are worshipping Satan. Hes even got the damn kids worshipping him and asking him for gifts. SANTA-anyone? SA-TAN!

Alright, i was totally following you until you made the connection between satan and santa... Christmas is a Christian holiday... I believe it always has been. No kids are worshiping santa. Atleast none that i have seen. They just believe he is a happy fat guy with a puffy white beard that gives them gifts...

But we all know that Santa doesnt exist... atleast not in that form. He exists only in the hearts of children during the spirit of Christmas.

Anyways...
I do believe that if an evil race did want earth (which i dont believe there are any that do..) Then they would take it how you are talking about, and not by brute force. If they used force they would be depleting much of their own resources and energy, and manpower. Because its almost factual that some, probably many of them would die.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Well, I tend to believe alot of this paranoia about anything remotely not of this Earth as a product of the Hollywood movie making machine. It seems alot of the movies featuring aliens always feature some sort of Extra Terrestrial race out to destroy man. There are only a handful of films that show peaceful aliens just studying things on Earth for the benefit of scientific curiousity.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Alright, i was totally following you until you made the connection between satan and santa... Christmas is a Christian holiday... I believe it always has been. No kids are worshiping santa. Atleast none that i have seen. They just believe he is a happy fat guy with a puffy white beard that gives them gifts...

Not that this has anything to do with this thread at all, but December 25 was originally a pagan holiday, not a Christian Holiday. It's pretty common knowledge. Just do a google on The emporer Constantine and you'll see.

But, back to the original topic. I have seen no evidence to support the idea that aliens are bent on world domination. Hell, the evidence of their existence is so flimsy, how one could make any substanial claims about them at all is beyond me. But, if I am willing to accept the idea that aliens exist, and could even be visiting us now of in the past, then I have to be open to a few other things as well.

If all we have to go on with alien behavior is our own human evolution as a model for all intellegent life's evolution, then world domination is not out of the realm of possibility. Since our creation, evolution, cloning, or whatever you want to call it, mankind has been constant in one thing, the need to expand. We build civilizations and move into every livable space we can get into. If an area is inhabited by people who are deemed unworthy to hold that land, we conquor that group of inhabitants and make it our own, build it up, and virtually remove any evidence of the previous inhabitants. This is the human legacy in it's purest form. The more intellegent we become, the better at civilization building we become.

I think that it's safe to say that if we ever come to a point when we run out of our own resources that we will most likely look to move off this planet. I'm sure by then we will have scoped out the nearest planets and their ability to sustain life by then. But, what if that planet is being run by a far less superior and less intellegent life form than us? I'd have to say that we would have no problem justifying the invasion and domination of that planet to save our own species. I mean, if it comes down to a choice between the extinsion of the human race or the survival of the human race, I'd think we go with survival.

So, if we, as humans, would pursue the means to sustain our continuance of survival by any means, why would we dismiss the possibility that any other alien race would not be doing the same for their own?

Just keeping an open mind here.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
With how many planets there are in our galaxy, one would think that there would be plenty of other planets suitable for them to inhabit. Many of which im sure would take little or no effort to take control of. So why try to take Earth?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   

With how many planets there are in our galaxy, one would think that there would be plenty of other planets suitable for them to inhabit. Many of which im sure would take little or no effort to take control of. So why try to take Earth?

It's a valid point. No one can say for sure one way or another. But then again, it's possible that we could be viewed as an easily occupiable planet to these beings. I mean, we haven't mastered space travel or antimatter or anitgravity or many other powerful forms of energy yet. Remember, if we have the life supporting elements that another race needs, who knows what they would do to obtain it?

Like I said before,this is all speculation and most likely not a probable sutuation. But it's not an impossible situation either.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Well... Of course it is possible.

Like i have said before. If this is the case, i think the most we can do is hope that something really powerful is looking out for us for some reason...

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Indeed, Christmas is an abomination to God and to Jesus.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Ugh, i totally dont understand that. Christmas in my eyes has nothing to do with religion. It is simply for the children, giving them something to look forward to each year. And its a holiday i think is very important. It brings families closer together... In happiness and celebration. How can you tell me Jesus doesnt like that?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Ugh, i totally dont understand that. Christmas in my eyes has nothing to do with religion. It is simply for the children, giving them something to look forward to each year. And its a holiday i think is very important. It brings families closer together... In happiness and celebration. How can you tell me Jesus doesnt like that?

I didn't say anything about what Christmas is about today, or what it does to family togetherness (which could be debated both ways) or what Jesus thinks about it (again, could be debaed either way). I was just addressing that fact that Christmas was never an original "Christian" holiday. Sorry, but that's a fact. I'm not saying that it's wrong to celebrate it. Lots of Christians celebrate it knowing that it was an original pagan holiday, but use it as a day to recognize Christs birth instead. No biggee.

Unless you weren't talking about my post...if that was the case...nevermind

[edit on 22-3-2005 by mpeake]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I think its kind of funny that we go from talking about evil alien races looking to take over earth, to what role religion plays in Christmas. lol.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by freddieb
In my very humble opinion and belief, I have to state that there aren't any alien races out there who have earth's subjugation as their goal.
It simply doesn't scan, that any race with the ability to do the things that have been attributed to them, could possibly have evil designs and intent.
I say this because if that were so, they would have already done it...........

freddieb

I love your post and your brave, wise, original way of thinking, all of it. I am voting for you way above.

[edit on 3/22/2005 by EarthSister]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Everyone who participates on this forum is or should be familiar with Occam's Razor, (" all things being equal, then the simplest solution is usually correct"). That is a simplistic explanation but it is reasonably accurate.
My reason for the suppositions I postulate are based on this line of thinking. It is not necessary or in anyway efficient, for a race that is 1.) warlike and empirical, 2.) advanced to the degree of interplanetary or interstellar travel, 3.) unified to a degree as to account for the numbers of sightings and reports, 4.) scientific in their manner of approach to play such a circuitous game as it would seem to be, in order to subjugate the earth.
What purpose would it serve to prolong the time frame for invasion or subugation? If enslavement is the goal, a short and cursory anthropological study would show that humans as a whole are willing to believe anything. Especially if it is backed up by religion.
We kill each other because some religious leader, assures us that it is OK to do so. We do this without any proof at all.
We wage war on the defenseless without any provocation.
We condemn to death and disease whole populations because they are not in possesion of resources we consider needed.
I guess that I am thankful that our energy source of today is oil and not sand. What would be the state of affairs if it were sand.
They would not advance a hostile goal by prolonging our demise and it would be counterproductive to do anything but to simply wipe us out or force us into enslavement as quickly as possible.
I'll never be convinced that any race, with any advanced thinking would be so circuritous as to let us destroy ourselves or anything like that. That just doesn't serve to efficiently advance a goal that they would have traveled that far to accomplish. just my opinion

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
That's right aliens are good, benevolent, helpful beings who are much more advanced in every way than we are. I only wish I could meet them.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   

That's right aliens are good, benevolent, helpful beings who are much more advanced in every way than we are. I only wish I could meet them.

Although i do believe this is for the most part true... I think it would be EXTREMELY UNWISE to trust them. Atleast until you know them of course. Just like anything else. Dont give away your trust too quickly.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
there is alien races out for world domination....

they all are in history i can name a few for you like

Napoleon, hitler *thinks for a second* hitler see there are lots of aliens out for world domination lol

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I'm always amazed at the concepts we as a people latch onto and and judge others and the world around us by, without us realizing that those concepts, ie., Good and Evil, are based soley on our own individual perspectives.
Many of us claim to view things with an open mind, while our perspective is guided by, more often than not, the very ideas that our "closed minded" cohorts, gain their perceptions from.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join