It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ontario Employment Standards Act Now Allows Employers to Lay Off Non-Vaccinated Workers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 09:16 AM
link   
For those of you out there who have continued to believe that Governments are not going to force people to get vaccinated against SARS-CoV-2, you had best think again. Anybody who has been paying attention at all knows that multiple countries (including the EU, the United States and Canada) are working on various versions of a Vaccine Passport, which will be needed for travel, or to attend various public venues (like going to a ballgame).

Okay, so if you want to hold out and not get injected with an (admitted) experimental gene therapy, you just won't travel...and you'll just watch the game on TV. As more and more businesses require you to produce proof of vaccination, there will be additional challenges - but you may be able to find workarounds (like only frequenting businesses that do not have these restrictive policies).

But how many people are going to be able to elect to not work, if they want to stay vax free?

Without any public fanfare (that I have seen anyway), the Government of Ontario, Canada has made changes to the Employment Standards Act, that allow employers to lay off - without pay - any employee who has not been vaccinated against SARS-CoV-2.

The employee is under a direction given by their employer in response to the employer’s concern that the employee might expose other individuals in the workplace to a designated infectious disease. The ESA does not require employers to pay employees during that time.
Examples include where the employer:

a) is concerned that employees who have not received the COVID-19 vaccine may expose others in the workplace to COVID-19 and tells them not to come to work until they have been vaccinated
b) directed an employee to stay at home for a period of time if the employee has recently travelled internationally and the employer is concerned the employee may expose others in the workplace to a designated infectious disease

Note the "medical standard" that is being applied here. The "employer"...any employer, with or without medical training or standing, with or without evidence based cause, merely needs to be "concerned" that unvaccinated employees may expose "others in the workplace".

So, an uninformed or misinformed employer - perhaps well meaning - can send unvaccinated employees home indefinitely without pay, and the employee has no recourse, because the ESA of Ontario will back the employer.

This is defacto mandatory vaccinations folks...now implemented in Ontario, and almost certainly coming to a Province, State or Country near you soon.

Get the jab, or be permanently ejected from society. No travel, no leisure pursuits, no job - and likely soon, no food, beverages or clothing (except via delivery...but you won't have any money anyway).

This is all getting very serious...

No Jab No Job

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Government has taken full advantage of covid to push it's dystopian nightmare.

There's really nothing else to add.

Freedoms lost will never be found again.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 09:27 AM
link   
May is coming sooner then we think.
Thanks for posting.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 09:28 AM
link   
involuntary medical experiments are prohibited by the Nuremberg Convention. Would that apply to Canada? I don't know the answer to that.

Since the "vaccines" are experimental, I would think that companies could be sued in court and would lose big, unless the judges are all paid off or fully compromised.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Who knew the mark of the beast would be a vaccine?!? But I see now with all the possible destruction it can cause in our bodies and possibly future generations...…..it all fits.

No opportunity to prove you have natural immunity.....just get the vaccine....no ifs, ands or buts.

This should be fought against and fought against hard. In fact, one week of complete unified protest in the form of walkouts of ALL business's will nip this right in the bud.

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 09:47 AM
link   

This could be defeated in court. It violates section 6.B of the Charter and Section 1.a,b,e of the Canadian Bill of Rights.

edit on 2-4-2021 by enament because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-4-2021 by enament because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Whatever happenned to "My body, my choice", you know, standard-issue leftist supposedly "democratic" "freedom" pro-choice drivel ?....

....oh....
........Riiiight....

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: enament

This could be defeated in court. It violates section 6.B of the Charter and Section 1.a,b,e of the Canadian Bill of Rights.

I think it is going to have to come to this...and quickly, before the Province sends some kind of "advice" out to all employers. All that would be needed to nudge most employers over the edge would be to indicate that, given they have the option under the ESA to send unvaccinated workers home, they could be held liable if any employee contracts (or claims to) the virus in the workplace.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:13 AM
link   

The other thing to think about is in the Employment Standard Act, it calls it a vaccine, it technically isn't a vaccine its classed as a medical devise. Vaccine Choice Canada has a court case in the works. their lawyer is Rocco Galati.

If you go to Rebel News they have a link to the full 191 page affidavit, they are suing most of the big players involved in all of this. To my knowledge Rocco has never lost any case filed against the government.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

Well, I mean, it is giving the employer the choice when you break it down. I've worked with people who were laid off because they didn't shave their beard. And they couldn't do a damn thing about it because of health and safety.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

It would violate the Nuremberg Code.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   
if push comes to shove and basic existence is compromised enough by the vaccine passport issue, i'll simply used forged documentation, and lie. i've learned by the government's example.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: M5xaz

Well, I mean, it is giving the employer the choice when you break it down. I've worked with people who were laid off because they didn't shave their beard. And they couldn't do a damn thing about it because of health and safety.

The key difference being, I think, that there is about a zero percent chance that they would die due to shaving off their beard.

In this case, employees are being forced to choose between the ability to earn a livelihood...and the real possibility that they will suffer permanent long-term injury by injecting a substance that forces their own cells to generate virus proteins. I am not a doctor, but I have read and watched many highly qualified medical authorities who are expressing major concerns about the mRNA injections.

It is nearly unfathomable to think that while the efficacy and safety jury is still out (and will be until at least 2023), that people will be forced to take a potentially dangerous substance into their bodies...to ward off something that has a 99+% of survivability.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: enament

The other thing to think about is in the Employment Standard Act, it calls it a vaccine, it technically isn't a vaccine its classed as a medical devise. Vaccine Choice Canada has a court case in the works. their lawyer is Rocco Galati.

If you go to Rebel News they have a link to the full 191 page affidavit, they are suing most of the big players involved in all of this. To my knowledge Rocco has never lost any case filed against the government.

Thanks for this...I am going to check it out, and probably get involved.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I pity the young, but most of them fully support this. Sad seeing the brainwashed sheep on places like FB thinking they are so enlightened and scientific, demeaning anyone that dares to go against the woke group think.

My one comfort is I will die relatively soon.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:42 AM
link   

In this link there is a hyper link to the Affidavit.

www.rebelnews.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Employers don't need to follow the vaccine protocols. They can choose. The government isn't forcing business' to vaccinate their employees, but it is giving them the choice to make such a decision. I mean, at the end of the day it is their business.
But will it stand in court as a human rights violation, if an employee were to fight back? That's the bigger issue really.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
I pity the young, but most of them fully support this. Sad seeing the brainwashed sheep on places like FB thinking they are so enlightened and scientific, demeaning anyone that dares to go against the woke group think.

My one comfort is I will die relatively soon.

Amen on that!

I flat out refuse to allow psychopaths to own and treat me like a farm animal.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Perhaps your government is trying to kill you.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   

This is the other thing, you can also file a Human Rights Complaint as well and its free and you don't need a lawyer either, its different from Province to Province, Rebel News also has a page set up for that as well.

They actually show you how to fill them out too.

www.rebelnews.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join