It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Screen goes out here and there, any ideas?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Hey, I know I should just upgrade to a better OS but nevertheless I am still using Windows ME. My problem is this: every once in a while the screen just goes out and displays an error message.
Error message:

An error has occurred. To continue: Press Enter to return to Windows, or Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart your computer. If you do this, you will lose any unsaved information in all open applications. Error: 06 : 0000 : 00002C47 Press any key to continue.

Sometimes I can just go back after pressing Return, sometimes I get a couple other error popups and have to restart my computer. This all happens no matter if I am online or not. I have dial-up.
There doesn't seem to be a certain program where it happens, it occurs randomly. I'm thinking the solution is probably something simple, but I have no clue. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
It sounds like a blue screen of death. I googled the error and found that it is assiociated with a Windows ME hotfix. Go to this link, there are a few solutions posted there.

groups-beta.google.com... 8ff?q=Error:+06+:+0000+:+00002C47#47dc2856d24108ff

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Thanks Sarcasimo, I just removed the KB891711.exe update. We'll see how it does now. Hopefully, that takes care of it.
Thanks again.

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DClark
Do you have a Sharp r. FAX machine in your Lpt/tel net?

top topics

join