It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Relatives...

page: 1

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 04:27 PM
link   
So I got into it with some family about the metaphorical (for now) book burning of Dr Seuss, till an uncle decided to chime telling me I should stop listening to fox, or trump when it comes to this and I should educate myself with "quality" news sources. So I am already annoyed (because of the topic) now I am getting angry since most of my news comes form local sources which still have an ounce of journalistic integrity. I pointed out how book burning has failed in the past to tragic effect, and that to apply todays morals to 80 years ago was a failure in logic... and oh yea I didn't vote trump please don't assume my political leanings.

Then the prick had to go and say how disappointed my mother would be with me, she died in 2014 complications from heart surgery, she was the baby of the family (8 siblings) they all lived in florida and not a single 1 of them came to visit her before she died.

So I told him to F off since you didn't care about her enough to visit while her health failed you dont get to use her to try and justify your argument and don't speak to me again.

So did I go to far or should I have punched him in the mouth like my gut said?

cause right now I don't care if anyone in that family ever speaks to me again, I am so pissed my hands are shaking.

edit on 3-3-2021 by Irishhaf because: forgot a word

edit on 3-3-2021 by Irishhaf because: thoughts are jumbled and so was my typing

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

You definitely didn't go too far. I might have punched him in the mouth. You did well enough by telling him not to speak to you ever again. F em, not worth your time sir

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I don’t think you went to far. You could have articulated yourself better, but I cannot see myself getting words out in that situation beyond f you either so that point is hypocritical.

I’m sorry your Mum’s death was thrown in your face and to be honest, in the not so distant past, I would have considered breaking his child’s leg or arm. Or his wife’s fingers or toes if he has no children.
Wouldn’t have helped the situation but I have been known to demonstrate my hurt by reciprocating pain sometimes.
Very retrained and civilised of you sir.
You are a credit to your parents, despite what is said about you.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhafl commend you for talking to members of the family. I seldom do so for the reasons you have divulged. I see my 90 year old mom and my kids and gkids. That is enough for me

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Then the prick had to go and say how disappointed my mother would be with me, she died in 2014 complications from heart surgery, she was the baby of the family (8 siblings) they all lived in florida and not a single 1 of them came to visit her before she died.

Yea... I would say that you did a commendable job with your response.

If my uncle had pulled that on me (my mom died 5 years ago) then he would be in a hospital somewhere with a team of surgeons attempting to find where in his abdomen his testicles ended up at.

Talking to you like that about your own mother was a REALLY low blow but if he had to sink to that level, then he had no argument against you so needed to hurt you to stop the conversation.

Visit him awhile from now when you can take some comfort by urinating on his grave.

Life is too short to deal with people like that.

edit on 3-3-2021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 09:18 PM
link   
You can pick your friends, but not your relatives...

I have been estranged from my family for nearly a decade... because they are brainwashed liberals. Truth be told... they are toxic, judgemental snowflakes... they embrace the culture of victim-hood, while they victimize others.

It can't be helped. They eat, sleep and breathe CNN... so, I quit talking to them.

I have been far happier... no one to "harsh my mellow", so to speak. It hasn't been easy, but it was necessary. It is, what it is...

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
So I got into it with some family about the metaphorical (for now) book burning of Dr Seuss, till an uncle decided to chime telling me I should stop listening to fox, or trump when it comes to this and I should educate myself with "quality" news sources. So I am already annoyed (because of the topic) now I am getting angry since most of my news comes form local sources which still have an ounce of journalistic integrity. I pointed out how book burning has failed in the past to tragic effect, and that to apply todays morals to 80 years ago was a failure in logic... and oh yea I didn't vote trump please don't assume my political leanings.

So I told him to F off since you didn't care about her enough to visit while her health failed you dont get to use her to try and justify your argument and don't speak to me again.

cause right now I don't care if anyone in that family ever speaks to me again, I am so pissed my hands are shaking.

Dont argue with your Uncle arsehole.

Just take it and go.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 11:14 PM
link   
You went too far. You need realize that the belief system of a great many of us is made of 'truths' from government and media. So when you question the truthfulness of those sources you are actually questioning the righteous of a persons belief system that will do anything to protect its own self integrity. The only real way you can safely help people see the light is by dropping seeds. Isn't it funny that 5 countries have stopped giving vaccine to over 65yo for example. It allows the penny to drop if and when they are ready to accept the greater truth.

You have to admit the blissful ignorance of blue pill is a happier place.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 12:39 AM
link   
This is what my late Mother taught me.....
When in Doubt
Throat Punch Them Out 😁
You didn’t go to far!
I’ve went farther over less with Family
They can take it
edit on 05/07/18 by FreeFalling because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 01:40 AM
link   

I marvel at your restraint. You did good.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 02:54 AM
link   

You should have punched his lights out. Just because he's your uncle dont mean he didnt deserve a good dig in the jaw.

Sometimes people need a good slap to let them know they went too far.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 08:07 AM
link   

You can't pick your family like you do friends

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I learned a long time ago, that just because you are born into a family, you don't have to like, or even interact with them.

Some people get lucky, others don't.

You didn't go to far, your uncle did. But it is good you didn't hit him. You don't want to be charged with elder abuse. But you don't have to speak to him ever again if you don't want to.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Dont argue with your Uncle arsehole.

Just take it and go.

www.youtube.com...

It's not ok to call his uncle asshole. 'Uncle asshole'. Tchhh
edit on 4-3-2021 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
You went too far. You need realize that the belief system of a great many of us is made of 'truths' from government and media. So when you question the truthfulness of those sources you are actually questioning the righteous of a persons belief system that will do anything to protect its own self integrity. The only real way you can safely help people see the light is by dropping seeds. Isn't it funny that 5 countries have stopped giving vaccine to over 65yo for example. It allows the penny to drop if and when they are ready to accept the greater truth.

You have to admit the blissful ignorance of blue pill is a happier place.

I dont know about whether or not you went too far, Irish, but I agree with this quite strongly.

My remaining family are almost entirely inculcated to this new belief system.. They arent bad people, but they believe lies.

I am told "its ok if we disagree," but what that really means is "we are just going to stop talking." Admittedly, they have been on board with this belief system for quite a few years now.

The stuff I really want to talk about seems out of reach. Though thats true across the board, the last discussion I had with family was about whether or not any riots had occurred last year.

It was that conversation that showed me just how deep it all went. They said that the very limited footage of problem areas(!) were blown out of proportion, were fake, etc.

They have literally no idea what I believe on anything, other than me being firmly against the corporate-political narrative. Yet, their belief system conveniently tells them a cohesive story about everything they *think* I believe, so they dont actually need to talk with me about it. Its all framed according to what is in media, no other discussions are possible.

It can be quite frustrating. It feels like I am talking to biological televisions.

But, it has also pushed me to start pursuing other avenues to actually talk about these things. Its motivated me to really think about where I go from here and how I can incorporate my decades of work into the general milieu. Im still working on that, but I dont know if I would be where I am without near total isolation from everyone in my personal life.

ETA: At this point, Im just thankful they arent endlessly trying to convert me to their religion.
edit on 4-3-2021 by Serdgiam because: Italics of dOooOoOOOom

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   
It made me sad to hear some of Dr. Seuss's books wont be published, possibly even The Cat in the Hat. I love those books and have many fond memories of reading them. It's a darn shame that a lot of kids will be deprived of that pleasure.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: FreeFalling
Your mother was clearly a wise woman.

edit on 4-3-2021 by Scapegrace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

"I am talking to biological televisions" .... totally cracked me up.

There is an interesting interview with Norman Dodd just before his death (www.youtube.com...). At about 32.50 mark he tells that one of his assistants, brilliant lawyer, had a mental breakdown after learning the truth of corruption in the system. You can see the pain on his face when thinking of her. I personally don't want relive his pain when thinking of any of my family members.

The techniques they use to program the populace is simple but very effective. Using words like "WMD" with graphical images to evoke strong emotional response in our brains pathways. Then associating countries or people they want to plunder with those keywords "WMD" to attain backing of the populace to murder hundreeds of thousands of women and children for profit.

Outward expression of truth doesn't work. An inward expression of truth may.

“Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” --rumi

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 03:07 AM
link   
People are burning Dr. Suess?
I’ll be buying them then, clearly they contain some kind of wisdom.

In the history of the world, never have the book-burners been on the right side.
Books contain knowledge, and knowledge is not evil, it’s up to you how to use it - or not use it all.
A book on a shelf isn’t hurting anyone. I read a lot of anarchist cookbook as a kid.

No book is evil, only people and their interpretations can be evil.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Still got all your fingers?

a reply to: GreenGunther

People are venomous and cannot be trusted.

top topics

join