It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Brain And Me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Since like a week or so whenever there are a few quiet minutes my brain starts singing Cher "if I could turn back time..."
I didn't hear it anywhere for years it's like an earworm out of nowhere "...if I could find a way..."
So I'm starting to think what else am I currently doing that's odd? "...I'd take back all the words that have hurt you..."
I was thinking: a new bed might be nice, I should start looking. And then I bought a french armchair. "...and you'd stay...."
Today morning I thought about how humanity has gained all that knowledge and new insights yet it seems on a very existential metaphysical level the discourse is lacking because all our language is so tainted. Loaded with bias that if I say "God" you think:
-bible
-quoran
-krishna
ie a plethora of stories, hopes, opinions... and I don't mean any of that "...if I could reach the stars...."
It's like a theme that has taken root or maybe it always was like this. Something means something else, like a experience-red-shift.
There is the word like 'God' and I'm sure it means something in reality, that there is something real if we would come face to face with it, we'd all say: yes that's God.
But as not nobody maybe, but for sure not as many as are using the word have come to really know what God is the word is going through a redshift. You know it gets stretched. "...I'd pull one down for you..."
With 'know' I don't mean having experienced something I thought must have been God, or analysed to death what long dead people wrote about it, with know I mean what it is, what it does how it does it, like we know a car or something like that.

Because I think it's not just me who's a bit off, I read what people say and everybody and everything is.
And it's not just the aware me it's my meta me I called brain in the title too that's off.

I'm not sure if it's just subjective if you and others feel it too, what it means, or anything
But I thought maybe we could talk about it.

edit on 28-2-2021 by Peeple because: c for t

edit on 28-2-2021 by Peeple because: Lol No Brian! no

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Who is Brian?

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

Yes, thanks

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   
It's Sunday, my mind is doped up from eating store bought fried chicken from the deli.

I could not figure out what you were getting at in the OP. It is a mixture of things, probably like things I am writing now that are kind of tangled up because I am doped up on deep fried chicken.

So, Peeple, can you make it simpler? And, who is brian?

Oh, edit, I see you turned it to brain. That kind of messed me up when reading I think.
edit on 28-2-2021 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

When Cher starts singing in your brain...it just means you're getting older...and you're starting to reflect back upon your life.
Perfectly normal and, I think necessary for all of us moving forward in and assessing our lives.

However, if Sonny joins her singing in your brain...you probably need to seek help.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Our brains are incredible, complex and are fairly chemo/mechanical. They do things according to the rules of nature and physics.

I'm not entirely convinced that our 'person' resides in our brains. I think there is far more going on in who we actually are.

There is a case of someone who had a severe brain deformity with only a tiny piece of brain in his head. None the less, he had a normal life and even went to university. It wasn't until later that it was discovered that he had almost no brain.

"Life is a mystery"... Damn, a Madonna earworm!

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam
Who is Brian?

A very naughty boy.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

My aim is off. I think bed I do armchair. My aware me is reading a book my brain sings a song.
Like a rift, a split or something that pulls my two levels of being apart. Word and meaning drift apart.

I see it in not just me, it's like the reading comprehension people bitch about that's not just lack of focus or smarts but really happening.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I've talked about something similiar with KT not that long ago, the 'self of the guts'.
She was pulling an article about how your digestive tract is influencing you and your decisions and it got weird when we started talking about the Egyptians and the ka

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: rickymouse

My aim is off. I think bed I do armchair. My aware me is reading a book my brain sings a song.
Like a rift, a split or something that pulls my two levels of being apart. Word and meaning drift apart.

I see it in not just me, it's like the reading comprehension people bitch about that's not just lack of focus or smarts but really happening.

Some days I still get brain fog, but I have reduced the number of those days by ninety percent over the years. But the wife does like to eat out and usually I wind up with brain fog from eating out. Tracking all the chemistries that cause it is difficult, especially when you don't make it yourself. Hey, it is great to get a day off every now and then from thinking too much. When they had the Chinese buffets, I would get all doped up...I hope those come back after the covid scaredemic is over.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I've talked about something similiar with KT not that long ago, the 'self of the guts'.
She was pulling an article about how your digestive tract is influencing you and your decisions and it got weird when we started talking about the Egyptians and the ka

Technically the gut has its own brain so that makes perfect sense...

Besides managing digestion, the "second brain" appears to partly regulate our mood. Well over 90% of serotonin -- a neurotransmitter thought to contribute to well-being -- is found within the gut, and its presence clearly factors in to the workings of the enteric nervous system. Too much serotonin can overwhelm the system's receptors, causing irritable bowel syndrome, while too little serotonin presents its own array of problems.

Since the enteric nervous system is connected to the brain via the vagus nerve, Dr. Emeran Mayer, a professor at UCLA, says that "A big part of our emotions are probably influenced by the nerves in our gut."

Your Gut has a Mind of its Own... Literally

It may be the old saying that "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach" has more truth then we thought...

edit on 28-2-2021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 02:21 PM
link   
FTR, my ear worm i hear all the freaking time is George Harrison's Sweet Lord.

My cousin loved that song growing up.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I'm not sure if it's just subjective if you and others feel it too, what it means, or anything
But I thought maybe we could talk about it.

Yes, we can talk about it....

I'm sitting in my office now looking out at the sidewalk and the people walking by. No masks, no smiles, most looking at their phones, not interacting with other people, in their own world. Just waiting till they can get home and even isolate further. There is a blanket of anger and sadness covering America. Is it political, covid19, the economy or something much more sinister and elusive?

I hope this spring and summer brings back something we have lost in the past few years.

But there is a bright side some of us experience at work, working as a team on something worthwhile; a sense of pride and accomplishment, that also transfers into the bigger picture of daily life.

edit on 28-2-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I think we don't understand synergistic systems because our science is comfortably reductionist.

An analogue would be thinking we can know about a computer program by analyzing the atoms of the semiconductor junctions in its hardware. We can't get to it that way (IMHO).

edit on 28/2/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Well, don't know if it helps or not, but here's how you kill an earworm...

Search out the lyrics to the song echoing in your head. Read them word for word a couple times. Once you have them nearly memorized the earworm will go away. Earworms are caused by knowing a portion of a song, but not all of it. Our brains constantly try to reconstruct the song with all the correct words. Once you know all the words, the earworm will cease to haunt you anymore.

True story.

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 02:42 PM
link   
You will die if you read this sentence.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

here's how you kill an earworm...

Search out the lyrics to the song echoing in your head. Read them word for word a couple times. Once you have them nearly memorized the earworm will go away. Earworms are caused by knowing a portion of a song, but not all of it. Our brains constantly try to reconstruct the song with all the correct words. Once you know all the words, the earworm will cease to haunt you anymore.

True story.

What's your big brain solution for annoying azz songs people know all the lyrics and melody to? Do you think things out or is your ego just that bloated?
🤡

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Ive known the words to sweet lord verbatim for 30+ years.

If i awake in tye middle of tye night....its in my head. I kill it with other music. But i love the song still.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Those certainly are all words ....

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Well, don't know if it helps or not, but here's how you kill an earworm...

True story.

Not true at all.

All my earworms are from songs I know the lyrics to.

True story.

new topics

top topics

join