It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found a site with top ten problems with the Big Bang

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 09:46 PM
link   
www.metaresearch.org...

I have nothing to say about it. Just thought some people might enjoy reading it.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure a few of those are wrong according to research done in the last few years. Since the list was originally pieced together in 1997, I'd believe there are inherant flaws in it. Some of the other problems are just odd phenomena, but don't really discount the Big Bang. The study of supermassive black holes was apparently not taken into consideration in this study, which explains many odd phenomena related to galaxy formation.

Either way, a large group of scientists are getting together to determine a more relevant conclusion to some of the new phenomena, so we'll have a better answer before too long.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
ilovepizza - Tight website, give you props. saw it a couple weeks ago, couldn't remember the website

I agree with most of those, except numbers 6, and 9, because it's only an estimate of the possible distance, because not even they know the real answer.

9)The most distant galaxies in the Hubble Deep Field show insufficient evidence of evolution, with some of them apparently having higher redshifts (z = 6-7) than the faintest quasars

Uh, so each Galaxy differs from each other, and basing it one is not really evidence.

The ages of globular clusters appear older than the universe.

the word APPEARS doesn't really sound very reasurring for their side. So what if its older. Comment is to broad, not specific enough.

The rest I agree makes sense, Especially number 4, Universe is at least 90 Billion years old.

new topics

join