It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Third shot may be needed to combat new coronavirus variants, Bill Gates says

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Billy can pump himself with whatever he wants. I'm doing just fine. Don't tell me what to do.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Vaccines take approximately 10 to 15 years to approve

Unlike smallpox and rabies aprox 200 yrs and 35 yrs ...

Plus 4 phase trials testing....

Then VEARS......

I wont be taking this vaccine....

Riouz

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Now tell me are we still going to trust this guy? now it's 3 shots? It is really like they are just guessing and as I saw elsewhere 2masks, 3shots it's like they have run out of ideas. History shows, again and again, the folly of man. There are just some viruses that are beyond our capabilities to eradicate right now, and throwing billions at it won't change that fact. There are some theories that overly slowing the spread, it can potentially make it last longer and mutate more much like we are seeing COVID do now. What if that was the plan all along? Likely booster shots every year?

A third shot may be needed to combat new coronavirus variants, Bill Gates says

A third dose of coronavirus vaccine may be needed to prevent serious cases of new variants of the disease, Bill Gates said Tuesday. The billionaire philanthropist's comments come amid the growing concern that current vaccines are less effective against the South African and Brazilian variants.

"The discussion now do we just need to get a super high coverage of the current vaccine or do we need a third dose that's just the same or do we need a modified vaccine?" Gates told "CBS Evening News" anchor and managing editor Norah O'Donnell.

"All five of the companies that have U.S. vaccines are looking at making that modification and adding that in so that people who've already had two shots might need to get a third shot," he said. "I think it's reasonably likely that we will have a tuned vaccine just to make absolutely sure that as these variants hit the U.S. that they're not escaping from vaccine protection."

It seems Billiam Gates got his medical doctor qualification faster then they produced a vaccine!
Oh he’s not a doctor? Well at least he’s being philanthropic with our billions. Handing it out to buy crap we don’t need.
Where is Bill Hicks when you need him? Can’t we cure death yet?

www.cbsnews.com... tes/

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

originally posted by: putnam6
Now tell me are we still going to trust this guy? now it's 3 shots?
www.cbsnews.com... tes/

We get flu shots every year, so what's the big deal?

It's just going to be one more booster.

Why would anyone listen to this kind of logic when it is clear that you don't even understand that there is a world of differences between an annual flu jab and this NEW, never used on humans, gene therapy?

When I say 'world', I mean it is a completely different mechanism in function and loci. Kind of the difference between a computer and a pen. Yes you can write words with both but that's where the comparison stops.
Same with these two injections.
I have nothing against the annual flu jab if people want it. I had it once and had such a bad reaction, never again. But in the end nothing bad is left in my body from this one jab.

I really don't want to explain the differences between these two injections because people really should know. Why not read up on it and then get back to us?

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Annee

I hope the vaccine works and keeps you safe.

As I said previously, I'm not anti-vaxx, as some rather more fringe folks are, while I may be fringe in some of my opinions, vaccinations aren't one of them.

I just have severe issues with how quickly these various vaccines were rushed into use. No prior testing, certainly not large scale, no studies about the long term effects, if any, of this vaccine.

Some of us are old enough to remember thalidomide, and its horrific effects on the unborn. If ever there is a cautionary tale about lack of study of the effects of drugs, and or vaccines, this would be one of 'em.

I’m 74. My mom was a polio victim in the 52 epidemic. Polio vaccine, still today, sometimes results in infection/paralysis.

Would I stop the polio vaccine? NO

Of course I remember Thalidomide. It’s still being used today. It did result in stricter testing. Any pregnant woman should be cautious of everything she puts in her body.

No drug or vaccine in this world is going to be 100% free of side effects or worse.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 08:32 AM
link   
For some reason your the one person on this site whose age speaks volumes about their posting.

You always seem to play devils advocate and I’m sure you’ve participated in threads that have explained the differences between these jabs.

I’m a good thirty years your junior, it’s plausible that the reason I find your outlook on so many things so repulsive is because I have more time left in this existence to deal with the putrescence you advocate so vehemently.

I never thought I’d find myself having an opinion like this about a fellow human. Please forgive me, I mean you no offence.

A side effect is not an unforeseen occurrence but a calculated and quantified trade off to achieve a beneficial outcome. In short there are no side effects, just effects.
The full effects of this vaccine have not been quantified and so the risk to benefit has not been calculated.
Trials should continue, roll out should be halted.

edit on 22-2-2021 by Dalamax because: Grammar and spelling

edit on 22-2-2021 by Dalamax because: Attempting to stay on topic.

edit on 22-2-2021 by Dalamax because: I hope that makes my point.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

No problem, I'm not trying to convince people of anything, just I'm not getting the vaccine either. If somebody else wants to get it I'm fine with that. As I alluded to in another thread what do you expect people that have pushed this narrative the whole time? if they drop it now they will look like the overreacting hand-wringing people a lot of us suspect they are.

I understand. But for me if I was one promoting this I wouldn't play hard
head like that at all. I go by the way I was raised. What I've learned in
life. Such as " If the river keeps making noise? There must be something
in it". A very wise and easy to follow bit an old man used to say. Way
back when I was still learning about life.. I'm not by any means a trusting
soul.
I accept the wickedness of this place we live in. And the power it
casts upon the whole world. If it looks like a spell? Guess what? It
most likely is. I believe in the power of the spoken word. That's a
big difference between people who do and those who refuse to see
it that way. The spoken word is the enemy of intuition. Your inner
voice never lies. The spoken word however is muddled with lies.
One of my favorite questions to ask someone is " What's your inner
voice telling you?" and so I ask you?
edit on 22-2-2021 by Randyvine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Randyvine
a reply to: putnam6

No problem, I'm not trying to convince people of anything, just I'm not getting the vaccine either. If somebody else wants to get it I'm fine with that. As I alluded to in another thread what do you expect people that have pushed this narrative the whole time? if they drop it now they will look like the overreacting hand-wringing people a lot of us suspect they are.

I understand. But for me if I was one promoting this I wouldn't play hard
head like that at all. I go by the way I was raised. What I've learned in
life. Such as " If the river keeps making noise? There must be something
in it". A very wise and easy to follow bit an old man used to say. Way
back when I was still learning about life.. I'm not by any means a trusting
soul.
I accept the wickedness of this place we live in. And the power it
casts upon the whole world. If it looks like a spell? Guess what? It
most likely is. I believe in the power of the spoken word. That's a
big difference between people who do and those who refuse to see
it that way. The spoken word is the enemy of intuition. Your inner
voice never lies. The spoken word however is muddled with lies.
One of my favorite questions to ask someone is " What's your inner
voice telling you?" and so I ask you?

Same as it ever was LOL, it's a bunch of BS...

and sure Annee we all got people we know that have had it, I know one person who has passed, that was early on and they were at risk and on a cruise. The others have said from it's not bad to it's a bitch and a half and it lingers.

and I do hope it works for you and gives you solace and peace of mind.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
For some reason your the one person on this site whose age speaks volumes about their posting.

You always seem to play devils advocate and I’m sure you’ve participated in threads that have explained the differences between these jabs.

I’m a good thirty years your junior, it’s plausible that the reason I find your outlook on so many things so repulsive is because I have more time left in this existence to deal with the putrescence you advocate so vehemently.

I never thought I’d find myself having an opinion like this about a fellow human. Please forgive me, I mean you no offence.

A side effect is not an unforeseen occurrence but a calculated and quantified trade off to achieve a beneficial outcome. In short there are no side effects, just effects.
The full effects of this vaccine have not been quantified and so the risk to benefit has not been calculated.

I am not playing devils advocate.

I mention my age if there’s reason to: “Some are old enough to remember . . .”

I’ve reached a point of logic. Everything does not need to be dramatized. Some things just are what they are.

Perhaps that is the result of having a bi-polar, alcoholic mother. It’s, actually, also quite helpful in raising an Autistic child.

Maybe we should burn down homes, bodies, and belongings to keep a disease from spreading — like they do in some places for Ebola.

Humans are social animals that have created an environment making it easy for a contagion to spread.

I can not be responsible for my neighbors carelessness or deliberate refusal to comply with safety recommendation.

I am thankful I can choose science.

To each there own.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I’ve reached a point of logic. Everything does not need to be dramatized. Some things just are what they are.

Perhaps that is the result of having a bi-polar, alcoholic mother. It’s, actually, also quite helpful in raising an Autistic child.

Maybe we should burn down homes, bodies, and belongings to keep a disease from spreading — like they do in some places for Ebola.

Humans are social animals that have created an environment making it easy for a contagion to spread.

I can not be responsible for my neighbors carelessness or deliberate refusal to comply with safety recommendation.

To each their own.

edit on 22-2-2021 by Annee because: SPELLING

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   

You're a hard woman Annee I actually like that. I have a hard
time being confident that what you trust is science. Either
way I hope the best for you and yours in the future.

edit on 22-2-2021 by Randyvine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Remember being lied to by the government before?

Remember every promise that has been a lie Anne?

Just what was the medical views on thalidomide back in the day? And smoking? What about electroshock or homosexuality?

This is true, some things are self evident.
Yet we have political people dramatising a vaccine and calling anyone who questions it anti every vaccine.

What does logic dictate, after historically, everything these people dramatise is to our detriment?

When the policy doesn’t even cover safe disposal of soiled disposable medical waste?

When the loudest advocates and sponsors have no medical training?

Again. These are questions that have been asked since the beginning.
Yet your logic tells you take the shot?

Don’t see how this is relevant to logic.
Perhaps one of our autistic members could enlighten us.
Or better yet, could you start a thread on how your logic helped raise an autistic child.
I would be interested to hear how your seventy years on earth bought you to this place of logic.

Dramatic much.

I think strategically placed medical waste disposal bins placed in public places would suffice in this instance.
However if it stops the plague, burn London.

Are we now. I’m a misanthrope so your hardly preaching to the choir.
Logic says when you text to your friend, while sitting next to your friend, your distant enough to be anti social.

To each their own.

Who recommends what?

Approaching this from a logical perspective, the recommendations are very shallow in their scope.

If your going to choose science, ask a scientist.
If you want to be led by the nose, ask a politician.
If you want to be treated like detritus, ask Bill Gates.

After all you’ve seen and witnessed, remember how you’ve been deceived by ‘scientists’ in the past.

Don’t you owe it to yourself to dig a little before you condone and consent to this rash proposition and be led by the nose with reckless abandon?

Choose logic and science.
Remember your scientific method.
Remember your mother.
Remember.
edit on 22-2-2021 by Dalamax because: Quotes in brackets

edit on 22-2-2021 by Dalamax because: Readability

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 04:31 PM
link   

LOL — the funny thing is, I’m really not “hard” — in person. I tend to go with the flow.

But, I won’t be bullied. Especially on forums, such as this. Some posters try to force you to accept their position — then resort to insults and name calling when you don’t.

I just state what I think.

I have read up on the science. The science has been ongoing for years. Adapting it to the specifics of Covid — is not starting from scratch.

Vaccines and then boosters every year is not new or anything to get panties in s bunch over.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

LOL — the funny thing is, I’m really not “hard” — in person. I tend to go with the flow.

But, I won’t be bullied. Especially on forums, such as this. Some posters try to force you to accept their position — then resort to insults and name calling when you don’t.

I have read up on the science. The science has been ongoing for years. Adapting it to the specifics of Covid — is not starting from scratch.

Vaccines and then boosters every year is not new or anything to get panties in s bunch over.

Oh Anne. Haven’t you heard?

This vaccine doesn’t follow the well trodden influenza shot science.

This is a brave new vaccination path, with new and exciting outcomes.
There is no adaptation here.

This is uncharted territory and advocated by unqualified ‘celebrities’ who’s only attribute is plausible deniability.

Believe it or not, most people here only want to see us all deny ignorance.

I hope you stand your ground against the bullies on here, stick to your guns. Aggression, in all it’s forms, should never be tolerated.

edit on 22-2-2021 by Dalamax because: Backing my peeps.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

I don’t see that you mention the benefits of Thalidomide.

Thalidomide is a drug that was developed in the 1950s by the West German pharmaceutical company Chemie Grünenthal GmbH. It was originally intended as a sedative or tranquiliser, but was soon used for treating a wide range of other conditions, including colds, flu, nausea and morning sickness in pregnant women.

Despite its reputation, the drug is gaining favour in the treatment of a variety of cancers and infectious diseases. In one study, Dr Azra Raza, from Rush-Presbyterian-St Luke's Medical Center in Chicago, and colleagues assessed the efficacy of thalidomide in 83 patients with myelodysplastic syndrome, which affects the development of the spinal cord.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 05:04 PM
link   

This is uncharted territory and advocated by unqualified ‘celebrities’ who’s only attribute is plausible deniability.

I hope you stand your ground against the bullies on here, stick to your guns. Aggression, in all it’s forms, should never be tolerated.

So, when you GOOGLE for information — do you intentionally search for the negative?

Seems to be a thing on ATS.

There is another side — even a middle.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 05:09 PM
link   

a reply to: Dalamax

I don’t see that you mention the benefits of Thalidomide.

Thalidomide is a drug that was developed in the 1950s by the West German pharmaceutical company Chemie Grünenthal GmbH. It was originally intended as a sedative or tranquiliser, but was soon used for treating a wide range of other conditions, including colds, flu, nausea and morning sickness in pregnant women.

Despite its reputation, the drug is gaining favour in the treatment of a variety of cancers and infectious diseases. In one study, Dr Azra Raza, from Rush-Presbyterian-St Luke's Medical Center in Chicago, and colleagues assessed the efficacy of thalidomide in 83 patients with myelodysplastic syndrome, which affects the development of the spinal cord.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

That’s because I didn’t.

This topic is the corona vaccine and concerns about the pressure to consent and the obfuscation of the facts, in regards to it’s safety.
I used Thalidomide as common ground, between us, to state an example of misinformation being touted as scientifically sound and the consequences of following newly formed scientific consensus, prior to correct and proper scientific evaluation.

Want to address anything else with your logic?

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   

So, when you GOOGLE for information — do you intentionally search for the negative?

That’s the scientific method Anne.
Thesis and antithesis.
If your thesis can withstand all attempts to destroy it then it can stand as most likely correct, until proven otherwise.

Google can be your friend, or your enemy.

Google ‘the worlds most powerful doctor’ and tell me that personage has a medical doctorate.
edit on 22-2-2021 by Dalamax because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-2-2021 by Dalamax because: Addressing googles veracity

edit on 22-2-2021 by Dalamax because: Stupid google 😛

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

I am from the netherlands and some weird stuff is going on whicxh doesn't make much sense unless the goal is to derail the entire economy and social life. I do not want to go as far that this covid virus has a depression component in it which push certain sensitive people towards suicide.

Anyways...At the time of the first wave I already asked what will happen...not if...but when the virus will mutate. The government did not mention it while we had virus experts on television each day explaining how fearful we should be..... but to hold on because a medicine is underway.

The thing is that there is already mention of a vaccine status document which will proof a person is vaccinated and is free to enter a supermarket for example. And I am for some 90% sure it is going that way...taking the vaccine will be manditory if you want to keep your job and want to enjoy life as it was before the chineese had a slip-up.

Is it not a coincedence that there is a british variant...if there is a world wide crisis there is always the USA first entangled some way and the UK will follow. There is a pattern if you ask me...anyways.. Then there is a more dangerous british mutation of the virus..a new vaccine will be needed. Then it will not take long before that will mutate also... This covid virus is a designed animal which is here to stay untill the end of the humanity...and some. Just like the flu virus with all its mutations will be here always. All we can do is hope...and for others pray.. that it will not mutate into an ebola deadly virus....with or without help of some serious psychopaths.

edit on 22/2/2021 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 05:28 PM
link   

That’s the scientific method Anne.
Thesis and antithesis.
If your thesis can withstand all attempts to destroy it then it can stand as most likely correct, until proven otherwise.

Google can be your friend, or your enemy.

Google ‘the worlds most powerful doctor’ and tell me that personage has a medical doctorate.

YES! But, did you post any positive?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join