It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Feature from Google for Your Consideration and Convenience

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I was just browsing google maps, I'm on a Randall Carlson and Graham Hancock kick right now.

Anyway, as I make the map full screen, I'm presented with a little pop up describing new options that I've never seen.

I understand the T&C about posts containing enough content. But I'm gonna keep this one short, I think the content will spark more than enough debate. Let the picture do the talking. Not trying to be cute or anything, I just honestly don't know how I feel about it. It doesn't offend me, but I can't help but be weirded out by it. I mean... theres implications right?

Take a gander at this screen shot and see if you find anything fishy.

Here's a Cnet Article about it... I honestly haven't read it.. I can't seem to form my OWN opinion about it yet... just thought I'd flesh out the post...

I kept this out of the mudpit... that could prove folly. Needless to say I've been derailed from a rather sublime track of ancient floods and alternative archaeology. Damn you google.

edit on 15-2-2021 by MarkOfTheV because: (no reason given)

+31 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 08:57 PM
link   
What if I'm looking for a Nazi owned business?

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

Help me understand how ‘Black owned business’ searches, and Graham Hancock / Randall Carlson — are correlated in any way?

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

They aren't... it was a context to what I was doing, and how this just randomly floated into my bubble and poised a weird question/position.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Google has finally admitted the world is flat, and is showing it that way in Google Maps.

This is huge.

+46 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Or even more horrifying...

What if I am looking for a Caucasian-owned business?

Seems they don't have THAT option...

Isn't treating people different because of their skin color by definition called...

What is that word...

Oh Snap!

Racist?

edit on 15-2-2021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I mean yeah... I'm sure somebody has one of those really good double standard arguments for it. Like how Al Roker playing Doc from Back To Future wasn't hypocrisy for the black face thing. He's right. I just don't get it.

It all seems so obvious, and yet the answers you get seem highly illogical and irrational much of the time.

Identity politics in general. They just don't register much space in my head. I'm surprised how driven the country is by it.

And these new options they put in place, they feel racist to people who never were racist or had racist tendencies.

+37 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I just want to look for a business.

I don't care of the color of the skin of the people that own the business because that is racist and I'm not a racist.

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I don't care of the color of the skin of the people that own the business because that is racist and I'm not a racist.

How racist of you for not supporting a minority.

Isn't the entire "identity politics" ideology of the left actually retarded when you think about it?

+22 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Isn't the entire "identity politics" ideology of the left actually retarded when you think about it?

It's racist, to be blunt.

Identity politics is the epitome of racism and sexism.

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 09:12 PM
link   

This 'feature' unfortunately came out earlier this summer.

Just another example of denigrating black people and treating them like they're incapable of being people.

It's much like the way we designate handicapped special needs differently abled?? I dunno what the acceptable term is...anyway....

We give people we think are unable to participate in society to the same capacity as other people special designation and treatment..

Google is basically equating black people to retards....
edit on 15/2/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Since February is Black History month, Google will only direct you to businesses backed by Black Lives Matter.

Perhaps March is Nazi History month?
edit on 2/15/2021 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I was going to say something else but actually there is nothing to add to your statement.

Sad, really.

+16 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I wonder if Google has a White owned business notification in Africa?

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 09:15 PM
link   

edit on 15-2-2021 by Lumenari because: Care fixed it

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I was going to say something else but actually there is nothing to add to your statement.

Sad, really.

We've become more focused on the color of skin and genital type than the actual merit of the individual.

Wee've devolved as a culture.

I imagine some time soon we'll be performing human sacrifices and flinging poo at each other.

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 09:20 PM
link   
If I were black, I would resent this big time. "Do not put the name of my business on that list" would be my retort to Google. I would feel demeaned and segregated, albeit in a rather surreptitious way.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
If I were black, I would resent this big time. "Do not put the name of my business on that list" would be my retort to Google. I would feel demeaned and segregated, albeit in a rather surreptitious way.

Aren't you a woman?

pfft

Like your opinion counts. . . .

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I hope every other race and every ethnicity joins in a massive class-action against google.

+18 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I'll throw something in...it's not just those things it's condescending to humanity in general. It goes farther than racism and sexism, it's a group of people believing they have the right to treat a group of people like children because they have 'something wrong' with them that requires special status and treatment.

We treat children specially.
We treat disease patients and the disabled specially.
We treat people who just otherwise wouldn't make it without help specially.

By buying into this #, whether it's racism, sexism, homophobia, any of the identity stuff..you are saying you believe these people are less than you.

People are people and deserve to be treated like it...period...

All of this just pushes the idea that some people are less than people, they need help and special protection because of some bull# that means nothing.

It's demeaning and degrading to people. Anyone that looks at those characteristics on another human being and believes they need them to give them special treatment needs to take a good hard look at themselves and examine what gives them the right to determine this about another human being.
edit on 15/2/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join