It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Windows XP sound/screen problems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I just had to reinstall windows XP because on strtup it said a root or something needed to be reinstalled so i reinstalled XP now the screen is too big and the mouse cursor is too big, i already tryed the control panel>Appearance And Themes>Change The Screen Resolution. But its still too big and i have no sound.. anyone who can help me i would greatly appreciate it.

JAK

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Have you installed the correct drivers for your graphics card?

Jack

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Yes, upon a reinstall (Im guessing a format reinstall) you loose your drivers. Windows is now using its default native drivers, and those drivers are very restricted. To fix this use the disc that came with your video card to get some bearable drivers (if you have a disc). It is recommended that you get the latest and greatest drivers though. And if both options one and two fail, go into the windows device manager (right click on my computer -> select properties -> hardware tab -> device manager) and find your video card, right click on it and select update driver. I would do this to any piece of hardware with a yellow exclamation point next to it.

Hope this helps.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Ok..

Sarc i did what you said and the screen is fine, thanks alot! I greatly appreciate it.. but i still have the sound problem.. what should i do?

BTW.. both of you guys will get way above votes from me

[edit on 20-3-2005 by ShadowMan]

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Ok, did you find the sound card in your device manager? If so run the update driver on that. Otherwise if your sound card is a physical card (not inergrated into the motherboard) go to the soundcard manufacturer. (probably creative labs) and download the lasted sound blaster drivers for your model card.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Theres a "MultiMedia Audio Controller" with a yellow ?! next to it.. so i guess thats it.. when i try to update the driver it says " The hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software"

and i have no idea who the manufacturer of the sound card is.. :bnghd:

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Hmm....this will make things difficult. Do you have any CDs for your sound card. And is your computer a big name computer (Compaq, HP, Sony etc.) If it is give me the model number of your machine. If it is a custom machine, this will make things harder, but try to identify if your sound card is an actual card in an expansion slot, or if it is part of the motherboard.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Sure..

Its A Dell Dimension 3000.. and i have no cd that has anything to do with the sound.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
If you are talking about your new Dell Dimension 3000, here are the drivers for you I think.

From Here:

forums.us.dell.com...

At the top-left of this page go to Product Support and then select "Downloads" from the drop-down menu. Enter you Service tag, choose "Audio Drivers from the download category, select your operating system and then click on "Submit". That will bring you to the page where you can download the audio drivers for your system. Before installing the new drivers make sure your existing one have been uninstalled from Control Panel>Add/Remove programs and then reboot before installing new driver.

The multimedia controller is seperate from the sound card driver.

If you do not have the drivers CD for your pc and cannot get them from Dell, which contains XP compatible drivers, then you can download and install this:

www.zhangduo.com...

From Here:
www.zhangduo.com...

My Drivers enables easy and fast detection, backup and restore of all hardware device drivers currently on your system. Also, you can even find the latest drivers for your hardware and install them onto your computer.

Just run the utility, and look for the multimedia controller. You can let it look for and install the updated file, or just use the filename and mfg. to search for the right multimedia drivers.

Or this utility:
www.lavalys.hu...

From Here:
EVEREST Home Edition:
www.lavalys.com...

Either will give you a list of all the hardware attached to your system, note down the correct version of the multimedia device, and then search for the appropiate drivers either on the manufacturere site, or u can also find them on www.driverguide.com ( username: driver,
password: all )

[edit on 20-3-2005 by makeitso]

[edit on 20-3-2005 by makeitso]

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Here you go. Just go through the stuff on here, and you should be able to get your audio drivers. support.dell.com... &l=en&s=bsd&~ck=mn

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Yes!

Everything works now.. thank god! I would like to thank sarc, jak, and makeitso for helping me out and getting everything to work for me. I would be lost without you guys

I will give you guys a vote for your help and a token of my thanks. Thanks again guys.

[edit on 20-3-2005 by ShadowMan]

top topics

join