It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baghdad bombing “Highlighting Iraq’s Challenges Amid U.S. Withdrawal”

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   
So it’s been less than 24 hours since Biden “took over”... and we have a story from the Post; essentially stating the US military is “needed” in Iraq *again* Predictable politics

It was a quiet 4 years, considering the 10-20 before that. My question is how long until the revamped “war on terror” is reinstated by this new administration?

The explosions shattered a period of relative calm after Islamic State lost the territory it controlled in Iraq and Syria in 2019. The blasts highlight the security challenges facing Iraq after the U.S. withdrew much of its military presence from the country in the last days of the Trump administration.

Blaming Trump already and making it seem like the US pulling out is the “cause” of the bombings...... and this from the article

The bombing also demonstrates a challenge facing the administration of President Biden, who took office on Wednesday, as he tackles an array of foreign-policy and security challenges in the Middle East.

This is already looking like Obama’s 3rd term and Bush’s 3rd as well...... If Trump isn’t there to blame, I guess to TPTB war is the only answer.......

Thoughts?
edit on 21-1-2021 by SeektoUnderstand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: SeektoUnderstand

This happened on Joe Biden's watch.

Oh, and another thing.... why is COVID still a problem? I am very disappointed in Joe's lack of progress on battling the deadly virus.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:10 AM
link   

war

what is it good for?

Absolutely nothing.

At least we had a nice 4 years. Onward to Syria!

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Oh, and another thing.... why is COVID still a problem? I am very disappointed in Joe's lack of progress on battling the deadly virus.

Hell yea, he has totally mismanaged this crisis.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Well, there's Joe's excuse to crank up the war machine again. My solution is that very member of government send their sons and daughters to fight.
FRONT LINE, not some cushy job in the rear. Let's see how eager they are then.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: butcherguy

Hell yea, he has totally mismanaged this crisis.

Definitely.
Using Joe's pre-election math, I calculated that over 150 billion Americans have died since Joe was inaugurated.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Perfect timing if there were a government that desired a permenant occupation of the Middle East.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Wow what a coincidence. Only 1 day after the puppet of the war machine gets inaugurated, america's cia funded terrorists start bombing iraq. Who woulda ever guessed? Never seen that one coming.
edit on 21/1/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   
It looks like the media are right on queue to print this information. The DNC must have sent them a memo early in the week with a schedule of when (and what) news can be reported.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   
When American service people are dying in far away lands, remember who you voted for.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I posted on this a couple of weeks ago with the "finding" of mysterious limpet mines on some tankers. As I said then this is a taster of what Biden will do, laying the ground for the ramping up of the American War machine.
edit on 21-1-2021 by crayzeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
When American service people are dying in far away lands, remember who you voted for.

you think they give a rats ass?

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Hopefully Biden won't be bad but judging by the cabinet members he picked it's not looking good.

I think Americans are very blind to the empire the military is apart of. Trump's escalation of drone strikes killed so many civilians that he had to cancel the drone strike report. Granted, POTUS doesn't control every military decision but he increased the perimeters for strikes.

It's not just American soldiers we should be concerned about, but innocent women, men , and children that get killed because we are occupying or looking to control various regions of the world.

The fact is that media and politicians are complicit in hiding and ignoring wars and proxy wars across by the u.s.

Trump, obama, and bush all failed. Biden doesn't appear to be any different.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   
We are not the world police. Instead of protecting our investments, let's try shifting our interests to focus on a less hostile market. Enough playing superhero for industrial gain.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Yes, President Trumps historic middle east peace deals should be considered a complete failure according to you.a reply to: blueman12

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Mark08

One of the few things he did right i think. That doesn't make his negatives suddenly go away.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Doea it make sense to lump him in with Obama and his stanve on the middle east like you did a few posts up?? Or Bush? a reply to: blueman12

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Just freaking leave. ISIS has already been defeated. Let the Iraqi's deal with it. Withdraw like Vietnam and see what kind of leader rises out.
edit on 21-1-2021 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I haven’t kept up on any archaeological finds in Iraq lately. Was something new found that was deemed worthy to use the military as cover and go steal again.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: makemap

But if they left, how could they maintain control of the Khyber pass and control the flow of oil from the middle east to Europe?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join