It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Vomit Trick

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Watching a stupid movie made me think of this trick I learned many moons ago to clean up vomit.

I ate some bad shrimp the night before a flight from Indianapolis to Las Vegas. Promptly threw up on the plane before it ever got off the ground.

They quickly dumped coffee grounds on the mess, waited a few minutes and, VOILA! No more mess. Simply vacuum it up from there. Works like a charm.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

You can't make it to a sink or toilet?

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

I was on an overseas flight with my sister. She vomited in her hands. The smell hit me and as we were leaving I ended up vomiting right in an empty seat. So to answer your question, sometimes air sickness is so sudden you really can’t make it to the bathroom. That is why they put those little baggies in the seat. Sometimes you just aren’t fast enough.

Btw. Sorry flight attendants!!

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Seeing or smelling someone’s vomit can cause chain reaction vomiting.

Kitty litter works good too.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

That must have really sucked.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 07:27 PM
link   

That one time in 8th grade I vomited in class all over the encyclopedia I had checked out, prompting that class and the next to evacuate because of the stench? No.

That one time I was *headed* to the toilet from my bedroom but ended up spraying all over the bookshelf and wall after a Halloween night out of debauchery? No.

That time I jumped the line after a concert only to blow undigested spaghetti noodles into the newly cleaned sink as the guy who just cleaned it stood and watched in exasperation? Yes.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirHardHarry
That time I jumped the line after a concert only to blow undigested spaghetti noodles into the newly cleaned sink as the guy who just cleaned it stood and watched in exasperation? Yes.

Ok. That was funny. You won the internet contest today.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
Watching a stupid movie made me think of this trick I learned many moons ago to clean up vomit.

I ate some bad shrimp the night before a flight from Indianapolis to Las Vegas. Promptly threw up on the plane before it ever got off the ground.

They quickly dumped coffee grounds on the mess, waited a few minutes and, VOILA! No more mess. Simply vacuum it up from there. Works like a charm.

I'm definitely gonna try that.

I usually don't have that gag reflex but sometimes cleaning up after the dog or cat and it's warm and the smel...uhh hold on be right back...

I had borrowed my brother's nice new Cutlass Supreme with T-tops and me and some friends headed to Daytona Beach, well after a night of drinking we made it as far as Jacksonville anyway much drinking and partying ensued. On the way back as I was driving I felt one of the girls in the back clutch my seat and say pull over pull over and she proceeded to vomit beer and Jack Daniels and her Hardees lunch on me the car, everywhere. It was in the cup holders, down in the seat beside the seat, all over my favorite shirt, which got tossed on the side of the road somewhere on interstate 75 north of Valdosta. All 5 of us jumped out with a couple of us gagging and another actually ralphing their lunch too

Being teenagers we had nothing to clean it up with #1 and secondly we didn't want to dilly dally on the side of the interstate in our condition and wait for a cop to come along. So we quickly tossed the ice water from the cooler, wiped it up the best we could with beach towels also left on the side of the highway, and proceeded back to our 5-hour drive home. By the time we got home, the remnants had congealed and all the car washes were closed, so I spent all night at a self-serve car wash trying to clean it and get rid of the smell.

So here I am I took his pride and joy, and now he has a vomit car from a beach trip he didn't even go on. No matter how much I cleaned it even had it professionally cleaned for him later, it still smelt like vomit especially on hot days

30 years later my brother still mentions it angrily sometimes

edit on 18-1-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Haven’t done that in 50 years I’ll bet.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 10:40 PM
link   

With food poisoning you don't really get to choose when you are going to gak. At least mine was kinda contained to a small space whereas my step-sister, who also had the shrimp (why do I feel like a Monty Python sketch here?) did a full on Stand By Me projectile hurling in the middle of Stapleton Airport. I'm talking ten, twelve feet that little girl managed. I guess if you are going to give up your stomach contents in the middle of an airport, better go big and do it right.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Nice story. Fun times, indeed, eh? Trying to recollect some of my better vomitus stories and they aren't really interesting except one detail, one night, the Thomas & Mack for a .38 Special concert I gakked Schaeffer beer all over the steps.

If you've ever had Schaeffer, you know what I'm talking about. Possibly the worst "beer" ever imagined. Wasn't fun going down and certainly wasn't fun coming back up. Why I ever agreed to that slop is beyond me but my buddy wanted it and I stupidly went along.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Nice story. Fun times, indeed, eh? Trying to recollect some of my better vomitus stories and they aren't really interesting except one detail, one night, the Thomas & Mack for a .38 Special concert I gakked Schaeffer beer all over the steps.

If you've ever had Schaeffer, you know what I'm talking about. Possibly the worst "beer" ever imagined. Wasn't fun going down and certainly wasn't fun coming back up. Why I ever agreed to that slop is beyond me but my buddy wanted it and I stupidly went along.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher

It was fun times...

I remember Schaeffer beer yea it's not good, used to have an uncle who drank Schlitz which was pretty skunky too. First beer hangover on a couple of twelve packs of Stroh's. In those days it was all how much beer for how much money, none of this IPA microbrewery stuff we bought the cheapest possible cause beer and a bong hit cured you of a hangover in the morning before you had to go to work.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 12:18 AM
link   

I remember this guy puking at a party. Drunk as a skunk.

He just puked into a bowl and then he drank it back up.

Coffee grounds sound like a better alternative.

edit on 19-1-2021 by ByteChanger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Ah, Stroh's, yeah I remember that junk. Now that I think about it, though, I don't think I've ever had a Schlitz. That's probably a good thing.

a reply to: ByteChanger

Yeah, that's kinda gross. I had a bowl of punch with Everclear in it at my HIgh School graduation party and one dude threw up all over the bathroom. By all over, I do mean that as he somehow got it on the ceiling in there.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   

But did they make coffee with those grounds after? yum yum

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 04:38 AM
link   

I completely misunderstood the title of this thread...

Now what am I going to do with my tip, if coming home at 04:30 and still coherent enough to know you have to get the poison out, to take a glass of water and add 7 tablespoons of kitchensalt...slam it and watch the magic happen.

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Exactly what magic happens? I'm not sure where you are going with this one.

originally posted by: Munkh

But did they make coffee with those grounds after? yum yum

Of course. Never let good coffee grounds go to waste. Thankfully, I hate coffee so I didn't have to drink my own vomit. Nasty bean flavored water.
edit on 1/20/2021 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 04:30 PM
link   

7 tablespoons of kitchensalt will kill you...your body knows this and you throw up.

If you wanted to avoid the hangover from an all night drinking session and sticking your finger down your throat didn't work, this would work 100% of the time.

Mind you, this was when I was young and Saturday nights weren't filled watching some bake-off show on tv and going to bed at 23:00 after drinking two cups of tea...lol

Peace
edit on 20-1-2021 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Thanks for the LMFAO. I wondered if this was a vomitus situation. Doesn't sound like fun. Vomiting rarely is.

And why are you drinking tea at midnight?

<<   2 >>

join