It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow! It's just...really...REALLY...slow...here...now!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I don't normally complain, but...everything...just everything...is completely focused on politics and...nothing...absolutely NOTHING...else!!!

I tried to start some other topics, maybe dumb and boring, but at least...something.

WOW!!

I like CT's, but holy crap!!!

**knock, knock** Hello???? Is there life out there????? Anyone home????

That is all.

**sigh**

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
Some of us are still plugging away on the Theology stuff. At least it's not politics.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
... but...everything...just everything...is completely focused on politics and...nothing...absolutely NOTHING...else!!!

Just now?

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Yeah, just now!! In the past week or so.

it's just overwhelming...no matter what side you're on!

ETA - If political posts stopped right now, ATS would implode...instantly! There IS nothing else here right now.

edit on 1/17/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 06:22 PM
link   

You need to come to Sedona and take a wine tour brother. The wine tour is on me.

Unplug in your rehab.

link   
Between the New Administration, The Senate, and The House, everything will be great soon and all will be forgiven, and it'll be alright 😎

link   

If you still in to the NFL, the KC Chiefs won tonight

link   

Well, Springer posted a thread on something a few days ago. It was UFO-ish

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Mecum Auctions are always fun to watch. Between that and the car programs like Bitchin' Rides and Kount's Kustoms I get hyped up to get mine done but I can't do anything on it right now.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

I love Mechum auctions, but the TV is taken, permanently, with LA Law, the Closer, kartrashians, housewives of BFE,and SVU. Re-runs don't matter...that's what's on tv, and that's IT!!! PERIOD!!

edit on 1/17/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I've finished rearranging the units for my vinyl, plugged a few gaps in my want list and found some replacement copies of things that got over used.

Now I'm wondering what to do with two paper mache "heads" that I've got lying around.
Was thinking of a stereotypical "ghost girl" for one. It won't be an articulated puppet, more like a simple prop-on-a-stick that might be fun to make people jump by popping around doorways, walls, trees etc Maybe make a few spoof videos.

Dunno what to do with the other one.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

I've been organizing my sharpening stuff, ordering more supplies, retiring some older knives and ordering new ones.

ANYTHING, but this...politics!

P.S. I'm as guilty as some with politics (full disclosure), but this, lately, is on a whole other level!

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Chiefs won despite losing Mahomes to a concussion for most of the 2nd half. Andy Reid finished off the game with two massively gutsy calls. First he ran Henning for 14 yards on a 3rd and 14 to get us to 4th and inches, and then instead of just trying a QB sneak or other run up the middle, he calls QB rollout pass for the first down on that 4th down to seal the win.

Had the 4th down call failed, the Browns would have gotten it back with a chance to get a go ahead score and win.

Surprised there is no upset Browns thread about how they got robbed on a call when Sorenson could, probably should, have been called for a helmet first hit that saved a score pre-halftime. It was right on the goal line and would have been a TD easy had he not made the hit.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Yeah. I've been buying up old wood chisels here and there. The fancy hand ones for fine carving.
They all need a good sharpening but I'm not in a big rush. Just slowly building a collection for the future. I've got some nice bits of wood, too.
Some of them sort of already resemble certain shapes that wouldn't need too much work to finish into a nice ornamental figure or something.
It's not something that I've ever done before but it's the kind of thing you could fill in the odd spare bit of time with while not being in a rush for the end product.

I could just end up with sliced up fingers and a pile of shavings.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I started a new crochet afghan today.

It was pretty challenging since the young boys figured that the yarn balls were super fun toys they needed to keep trying to run off with.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Maybe this will cheer you up?

As it turns out Turtles actually CAN breathe thru their butts! ( cue the grade school giggling) Needed a decent image of a turtles anatomy cause I'm totally unfamiliar. The video gets much better after the first couple of minutes.

Turns out to own one you will get unwillingly hauled into more science and electrical knowledge than you'd ever planned on knowing in a lifetime. Seriously it's completely taken my mind off Covid OR politics. I barely had any time for UFO's or cryptozoology!! Read enough Turtle science study abstracts an you'll forget about winter too.

Who knew turtles learn mazes quicker than lab rats?
They also remember them for two years. No one knew they had long term memory prior to the study.

ANY new an interesting to you hobby will take your mind off all the political drama. You just gotta find one!

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Yes, they do, and they spend the winter under the ice some species.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 08:13 PM
link   
They're removing posts now that are too short. I got about 4 removed.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 08:17 PM
link   

As I predicted ... chuckle ... the news cycle has stopped, so there are no mistakes leading up to the seizure of power.

The holding of breath is almost tangible.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Ummm...that’s what happens when all the aliens...werewolves...Yeti...and various other things that go bump in the night...have been debunked...

I mean...Batman balloons...really...?

Really...?

The political landscape is where the only real conspiracies exist...the rest is just chaff for the bored and gullible...

Can I get an Amen...from a blood weeping Virgin Mary statue...?

YouSir

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join