It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Christian Mafia (from ATSNN)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
why is something with a 'heavy political bias' not news?
FredT is killing this thread. i don't think he likes me

Billybob,

Quite busy these days as I can see. For your information, I do not have any sort of moderation powers in ATSNN so while I may have been the last no vote that kicked your submission down to CE, there were many other members that felt the same way.

In as far as your attempt to link the ATSNN story in question, please show me where the bias is in the initial paragraph? Also please note the source was actually a legit news service. Where exactly did you source this story from.

At any rate, as a poster noted I am an atheist so hmmmm the only "Cristian" agenda I have is not to be one.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Quite busy these days as I can see. For your information, I do not have any sort of moderation powers in ATSNN so while I may have been the last no vote that kicked your submission down to CE, there were many other members that felt the same way.

it appears we are both victims to the confusion these u2u's cause, then. mine clearly stated, 'FredT has initiated this action'. i thought it was true. if i am mistaken, let us blame the u2u system.

In as far as your attempt to link the ATSNN story in question, please show me where the bias is in the initial paragraph? Also please note the source was actually a legit news service. Where exactly did you source this story from.

the bias used as an excuse to move my thread, was that it was left wing. it was OBVIOUSLY true, and OBVIOUSLY news. it is WIDELY reported.
your thread uses an oil company embedded company, to make 'bias' seem like it is not present in the reporting of the 'war for oil'. it's like letting FOX guard the henhouse.

i think those two threads will speak for themselves, now.

At any rate, as a poster noted I am an atheist so hmmmm the only "Cristian" agenda I have is not to be one.

well, cheers and power to you!
i said you are a neocon, not a christian.
more importantly, ....that changes nothing, as the 'christians' exposed are not christian at all, either. if you had bothered to read the article, you would know this.
this bias witch hunt is intent on naval gazing,[sarcasm] in my really super humble opinion.[/sarcasm]

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
This isnt much news to me really. Its been obvious for the past 2,000 years Christianity has been a tool of mind control, enslavement, and degeneration of the human condition. Its also obvious that major Christian leaders (mainly protestant) have been pushing around political weight. The fundementalists have been the worst. But coming from an extreme fundie Christian family and knowing how they operate, I know how well that Christianity is a wonderful political powerhouse that keeps people in a state of mediocrity.

While the point of this thread isnt to bash Christians, I will only say this: until Christians learn to think for themselves, measure and consider their own bible as a whole, and come to terms with the reality of their church and faith, for the post part, I shall continue to consider 95% of them dangerous, vile enemies to be combated from the street pulpit to the supreme court and beyond.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
it appears we are both victims to the confusion these u2u's cause, then. mine clearly stated, 'FredT has initiated this action'. i thought it was true. if i am mistaken, let us blame the u2u system.

The last vote in the ATSNN sub system send out the message. I casted the final no vote that d/g your story. Beyond that I cast my vote like every other person on this board.

the bias used as an excuse to move my thread, was that it was left wing. it was OBVIOUSLY true, and OBVIOUSLY news.

Please reread my comment I was referring to your linking one of MY ATSNN stories about Bias in Iraq war coverage in your commentary above Seems maybe you should re-read things as well. However, as I stated before, its actually a legit news service that posted the story, I did not go to a website as this one is based, rather sourced it from the Associated Press and not "Insider magazine" which no doubt keep homeless warm in inclement weather. Perhaps your feeling of persecution may best be directed to AP?

i said you are a neocon, not a christian.
more importantly,

Yawn, hmm heard nothing but pops and buzzes. Meanwhile if it makes you feel better by all means slap those labels as it seems to be your best shot and far be it from me to take that away from you.

[edit on 3/20/05 by FredT]

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Mafia is an interesting term for it. I wouldn't quite word it that way unless we want to go back to referring to the days of the crusades. On the other hand I believe that there are many who use and abuse the Christian faith as a means of wealth and power. Take a look at some of the T.V. opera evangelists and their interesting soap opera lives. These people who pray on weak minded, God fearing, repentive people are the biggest sinners. Telling people to give their money when often it is beyond their means. Convince people to buy their way into Heaven, to strive to be a righteous as them. Soon enough they are caught with a $10 whore in a hotel, etc etc etc. They might not be Mafia, but they are deceiving garbage nonetheless.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees......

------------
"Netchvolodow likens the Pharisees to our modern Freemasons, whose Gnostic and dominionist agenda were subversive of society. Compare Netchvolodow’s characterization of the Pharisees to our modern Zionists, i.e. the Judeo-Freemasons, who are secret practitioners of the Kabalah, while affecting to hold to the traditional beliefs of Judaism as set forth in the Old Testament.
“‘This group of intellectual pantheists was soon to acquire a directing influence over the Jewish nation. Nothing, moreover, likely to offend national sentiment ever appeared in their doctrines. However saturated with pantheistic Chaldeism they might have been, the Pharisees preserved their ethnic pride intact. This religion of Man divinised, which they had absorbed at Babylon, they conceived solely as applying to the profit of the Jew, the superior and predestined being. The promises of universal dominion which the orthodox Jew found in the Law, the Pharisees did not interpret in the sense of the reign of the God of Moses over the nations, but in that of a material domination to be imposed on the universe by the Jews. The awaited Messiah was no longer the Redeemer of original Sin, a spiritual victor who would lead the world, it was a temporal king, bloody with battle, who would make Israel master of the world and ‘drag all peoples under the wheels of his chariot’. The Pharisees did not ask this enslavement of the nations of a mystical Jehovah, which they continued worshipping in public, only as a concession to popular opinion, for they expected its eventual consummation to be achieved by the secular patience of Israel and the use of human means."

mb-soft.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite8
Mafia is an interesting term for it. I wouldn't quite word it that way unless we want to go back to referring to the days of the crusades.

"Christian Mafia" is a common term used world wide and has been for years. Just run a simple Google search.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join