It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just in case ATS gets shut down or censored

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Just a reminder that a couple months ago an ATS member made a Discord for everyone to use in case of ATS being shut down. Now it appears the world is cracking down on free exchange of ideas so in case ATS falls we have this hide out, until it’s discovered of course.

discord.gg...

There is also a subreddit-

www.reddit.com...

Il be looking into other options as well, let me know if anyone has suggestions.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I don’t want to think about. This place is such a joy.

Usually.....lately it’s a bit grim and disturbing

Lately we aren’t debating CTs as possibility. Or at all.

I don’t care what you believe or for who you root, but you may agree with me when I say we aren’t talking CTs here anymore.

We are LIVING “IT/THEM”

Christ hisself, aliens, ELE, Killshots etc etc?

At this point I wouldn’t be too surpirsed.

But know this ATS. It’s been my pleasure and honor to have bantered, pondered, discussed, argued, shared, and dreamed on this site. You’ve made life worth living.

Because ATS represents ideas!

even if our credo is “Deny Ignorance”

I view you all as peers regardless of your beliefs.

Godspeed amigos. Stay frosty

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I just created a group on Signal too-

signal.group...-M1NyE

It’s not as structured as discord but it’s a decent spare lifeboat

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I wonder if there is a Parler-group, too?

Or is the whole of Parler a simile to ATS/mud pit?

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776
Just a reminder that a couple months ago an ATS member made a Discord for everyone to use in case of ATS being shut down. Now it appears the world is cracking down on free exchange of ideas so in case ATS falls we have this hide out, until it’s discovered of course.

discord.gg...

www.reddit.com...

Il be looking into other options as well, let me know if anyone has suggestions.

Right wing groups in discord and Reddit are getting removed so I think ATS will be the last refuge for many on the right.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
I wonder if there is a Parler-group, too?

Or is the whole of Parler a simile to ATS/mud pit?

No idea. Don’t use Parler or FB. But. I’d rather use something that supports Free Speech and is rancid, than a site that is sanitized, curated, and ultimately censored.

Capiće?
edit on 9-1-2021 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Dbl.

Just so ya heard me while ya still can

edit on 9-1-2021 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Bunch

How about people that just like thinking out loud and speaking their mind? Free thinkers? Those outside the box?

I’m cool with that and would rather not even want to know
who anyone voted for when talking about Bigfoot and UFOs

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776
Thank you Quantum!

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 02:35 AM
link   
It won't be blocked. Google will continue to reduce the index score of ATS so it becomes irrelevant in searches. That of cause reduces profits.

I tried indexing forum software I developed on Google and it's basically gets zero hits. When altavista gave all primary hits to corporations, everyone switched to Google. Now Google is making the same mistake.

The only course of action for ATS is to sell ATS or reduce resources to maximise profits. This can be acomplished by moving all graphic requests to Google drive (of members). So server bandwidth is only required for database reads/writes of comment data. If they want view that operation they can have a look at swada.com.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Thanks for the heads up.

See Ya There!

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bunch

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

discord.gg...

www.reddit.com...

Right wing groups in discord and Reddit are getting removed so I think ATS will be the last refuge for many on the right.

Running right wing people and groups off mainstream social sites kills two birds with one stone.

First, it removes those unapproved ideas from public view.

Second, it forces right wing and non-compliant centrists to congregate on sites which can then be labeled "nationalist" or "fringe" or "racist".

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Thanks for that.
Don't lose faith,,,
Ever.

S&F

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Yes. This whole thing is very unsettling.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Get a life.....

You can easily live without ats and all other social media.

a reply to: slatesteam

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 05:11 AM
link   

I'm not familiar with Discord, so I cannot speak to their policies. But Reddit has been purging conservatives and anyone who doesn't tow their line, so I wouldn't put too much faith in a Reddit sub.

And, having taken a look over at the current Reddit sub for ATS, let's just say I'm not impressed. Especially having just seen a recent post from an old member talking trash about members still here. (Not me -- I feel left out!) I'm happy to discuss pretty much anything with pretty much anyone, as long as we can converse civilly. I have no use for those who just want to talk trash about others. Especially other ATSers.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 05:47 AM
link   
All conspiracy theories are covered and discussed on ATS. The job is done.

Imagine you are living the last page of the Bible. What's next..... go with the flow.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I finally joined Parler and proton email months ago, been using Firefox and DDG for a long time and signal even longer.

I've been relying heavily on ATS as an information clearing house since I joined. After the rumored selling of ATS, I've signed up with a couple lesser forums on the subject matter, one of those has been a ghost town for almost a year now.

In the mean time I've been editing my bookmarks and revisiting some websites that serve as an good info sources. Now that they've censored Google, Twitter, Youtube and FB and are even trying to eliminated Parler, every available alternative information source is at risk.

Not to mention that conservative groups (like Trump Supporters) are being targeted in the left's hit list, it seems to be time to take communications completely underground. I've giving thought to different forms of underground communication, from sharing thumb drives and DVDS or to phone call trees, a private local meshnet and everything in between.

It's quickly getting to the point of free speech being squeezed, censored and used against us as they destroy the Bill of Rights. The left is forcing the constitution loving right to become an underground movement, it is time to organize and communications is key.

I'm taking notes on suggestions here, don't be surprised if I join in one of these suggested alternate plans. IN the mean time, keep brainstorming.
edit on 9-1-2021 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
Get a life.....

You can easily live without ats and all other social media.

a reply to: slatesteam

That really isn't the point, is it?
Sure, we can all live without social media, but there is no reason in a country that has freedom of speech and freedom of religion as part of its law that anyone or any group should be prevented or censored from gathering on line to exercise their rights as Americans.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for private businesses restricting whatever speech they deem inappropriate on their site, it's their right as well, but when a whole group of people come together to reduce another group of people's ability to exercise those rights, they become privileges instead of rights.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I'm not familiar with Discord, so I cannot speak to their policies. But Reddit has been purging conservatives and anyone who doesn't tow their line, so I wouldn't put too much faith in a Reddit sub.

And, having taken a look over at the current Reddit sub for ATS, let's just say I'm not impressed. Especially having just seen a recent post from an old member talking trash about members still here. (Not me -- I feel left out!) I'm happy to discuss pretty much anything with pretty much anyone, as long as we can converse civilly. I have no use for those who just want to talk trash about others. Especially other ATSers.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

I haven't seen Reddit actively pursuing the r/Conservative or r/ATS groups. The former is alive and well and is how I keep up with conservative headlines every day. I also check r/Liberal and r/Libertarian. That may change though. There is a clear attempt by social media outlets to purge all non-approved "free speech" from society.

<<   2 >>

join