It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Rep. Mary Miller quotes Hitler at D.C. rally.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   

“I believe in a few elections, we’re still going to be losing unless we win the hearts and minds of our children. This is the battle. Hitler was right on one thing. He said, ‘Whoever has the youth has the future."

American politics might have jumped the shark with Mary Miller.

You can call Trump a nazi, he's not. You can call Biden a nazi, he's not. But when you propose that propagandizing children in an attempt to gain future political power, a la Hitler... that's a true nazi on display.

The Governor of Illinois, J.B. Pritzker, was quick to smack down any notion that he supports Miller, or any nazi ideals.

“I want to address the unfathomable and disgusting remarks that the newest member of the Illinois Congressional Delegation made, Mary Miller. Let me be clear: Hitler got nothing right. This reprehensible rhetoric has no place in our politics. Illinois Republicans cannot allow this to stand and must condemn this vile, evil streak in their party. If Rep. Miller was the least bit interested in history, she would visit the Illinois Holocaust Museum and Education Center to learn just how wrong Hitler really was.” Pritzker said.

How crazy is any politician to say "Hitler was right..." in any context at all?

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

the left is all blanked up, from the top on down.

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Not sure why the fake outrage. Hitler wasn't wrong!
Take a good hard look at what our educational system has done to make our youth hate the country.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Hitler was wrong!!

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   

so, is brain washing children all right in your book?

that's the point the OP is making.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Don't look at their words. Look at their acts and deeds.

The Democrats are looking mighty NAZI to me.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Mary Miller is a Republican.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ntech

Except, neither of the two major parties resemble the nazi party at all. Trump might come closest, if only in propagandizing.

It's just something people say because it sounds awful and gets people riled.

But when you're saying Hitler was right, about anything, in a country where 420,000 people lost their lives fighting to stop genocides and occupations perpetrated by him? That's a sickening slap in the face.

Approvingly quoting Hitler is an action.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

so, is brain washing children all right in your book?

that's the point the OP is making.

Of course not. But again, Hitler wasn't wrong. His idea has been refined by those in control for decades.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Hitler was right in that context, it doesn’t make it morally right. There’s a big difference.

That’s what makes this persons statement so scary, essentially using a nazi playbook to win.
edit on 61012021 by Variable2027 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Democrat, republican, independent- doesn’t matter, bad stuff my dude

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 04:46 PM
link   
They're all doing their part in the takedown and scrubbing😃

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 04:50 PM
link   

she got to be one of those rino's, they tend to lean left. you don't hear life long republicans saying such sh@@. in fact her words sound as if her and AOC could be bosom buddies.

(post by Willtell removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 04:53 PM
link   

And to think Kamala got roatsed on ATS for plagerizing MLK, lets see if the same amount of derision will befall this republican fool, to think children need indoctrinating into any political belief is beyond sad, if you cant be free from stupid adult things for at least 16-18 years of your life than no citizen of any country is free

stupid politician, does she honeslty believe hitler was right on anything, beyond dim
edit on 6-1-2021 by UpIsNowDown because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2021 by UpIsNowDown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I don't think she swings left. At all.

PRO-LIFE. PRO-2ND AMENDMENT. PRO-BORDER SECURITY. PRO-TRUMP.
I'm the candidate that will take our Midwest values to Washington, DC to fight against radical, left-wing Democrats who want to destroy America.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   
First, before any of your mental midgets think I support Hitler. Hitler was a vile evil person.

In our political system where soundbites rule, using Hitler's name in any context is sure to get you slammed by the opposing party regardless of the context of the discussion.

With that said, context matters. All the lady is saying is that politically, targeting youth is a winning strategy. I mean we have decades of liberal politicians and propaganda to show how it works. Teachers unions carrying progressive water in the schools doing exactly what Mrs. Miller was saying.

If conservatives have any chance, they need to take a page out of the progressive playbook.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

“I believe in a few elections, we’re still going to be losing unless we win the hearts and minds of our children. This is the battle. Hitler was right on one thing. He said, ‘Whoever has the youth has the future."

American politics might have jumped the shark with Mary Miller.

You can call Trump a nazi, he's not. You can call Biden a nazi, he's not. But when you propose that propagandizing children in an attempt to gain future political power, a la Hitler... that's a true nazi on display.

The Governor of Illinois, J.B. Pritzker, was quick to smack down any notion that he supports Miller, or any nazi ideals.

“I want to address the unfathomable and disgusting remarks that the newest member of the Illinois Congressional Delegation made, Mary Miller. Let me be clear: Hitler got nothing right. This reprehensible rhetoric has no place in our politics. Illinois Republicans cannot allow this to stand and must condemn this vile, evil streak in their party. If Rep. Miller was the least bit interested in history, she would visit the Illinois Holocaust Museum and Education Center to learn just how wrong Hitler really was.” Pritzker said.

How crazy is any politician to say "Hitler was right..." in any context at all?
Is this the narrative that says everything Hitler said and did was wrong or abhorrent, just because, you know, Hitler? Kinda like orange man bad, because, you know, orange. I think people need to grow up and stop being such weaklings in mind and spirit. Be honest. Win the youth, win the future. Hitler was right. I’m not hearing manipulate and indoctrinate the youth and win the future - although that does happen in most colleges and universities the world over.

Weird thing, Hitler did some good amongst the evil, for a time. My uncle by marriage was taken prisoner from a sinking U-Boat in 1943. He always said that the truth about Hitler was very different to what we were told post war. Propaganda was not the sole preserve of the Nazi’s.

Personally I think Hitler was a nasty piece of work, along with all his henchmen - including Von Braun and the paper clip boys. Do I have the guts to admit he might have done or said the odd good thing or the odd right thing? Yes I do.

Anyway - Biden

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ARM1968

So what odd right things do you feel Hitler did?

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Variable2027

Democrat, republican, independent- doesn’t matter, bad stuff my dude

You think I don't know that? You're mistaken if you think I support any politician.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join