It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Investigators searching for missing girl's body (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Jessica Lumsford the 9 year old who was taken from her home, three weeks ago,in Tallahassee Florida, has turned into a tragic ending. The man who took the young girl, admitted that he killed her and they are now looking for her body.

www.cnn.com
HOMOSASSA SPRINGS, Florida (CNN) -- Three weeks after 9-year-old Jessica Lunsford disappeared from her home, authorities said Friday a convicted sex offender who had fled to Georgia confessed to kidnapping and killing her.

As the search for Jessica's body continued under bright lights erected just across the street from her home, police were questioning three people described as associates of John Evander Couey -- a 46-year-old sex offender with a long criminal history.

Citrus County Sheriff Jeff Dawsy said Couey made the confession after undergoing an FBI-administered polygraph test, Citrus County Sheriff Jeff Dawsy said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I think in my opinion that there was no need for this! To take a young girl and kill her solves nothing but the killers twisted mind! The 9 year old whose father was so optimistic about her returning home alive I'm sure will be devastated by this tragic news. I am also so saddened to hear this myself.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 04:03 AM
link   

The 9 year old whose father was so optimistic about her returning home alive I'm sure will be devastated by this tragic news.

As a father of a little girl myself, I find this story disturbing and upsetting.

I will not vote yes for it until you correct the grammar here, however.

Reading this statement highlighted above, you make it sound as if the girl herself will be devastated. I imagine she is. After all, she is dead.

It should read:

"I'm sure the 9 year old's father, who was so optimistic about her returning home alive, will be devastated by this tragic news"

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   
There is no edit button. I, myself am sitting here crying......I have been following this girl's disappearance since she was taken from her home. Her father and grandparents need our prayers right now, I am so disgusted that there are such sick people out there who do this to children......don't know what else to say.....very upset for the family.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I know, everytime I see things like this, or where a child has died for whatever reason, I think of my own sprog.

Makes me feel sick inside, so much that I tend not to read to much of the story in the end, as it is not worth the heartache.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I just cannot imagine the pain they are feeling now. The father never thought about his little girl coming home dead...he was always so sure she was alive, and he was doing everything he could possibly do to help the police, and went back to work while searching for her. How he will cope with it , I don't know, he already seems like his face is sunk in, maybe it has always been like that, but it could have been from the stress over his daughter missing. I am crying thinking about this child and all the other children who have had their lived ended because of a person who kills for his own morbid , sick, reasons...god help me but I hope this man suffers!

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

They have found her body and the father's comments are so sad. To all parents, always tell your kids you love them, never let them go to bed mad at you..........
Police: Jessica's remains found
Sheriff says registered sex offender confessed he killed her
Saturday, March 19, 2005 Posted: 3:56 PM EST (2056 GMT)

According to police, Couey told them he buried the girl behind his sister's home.

Sheriff Dawsy said that's where Jessica's remains were found.

In announcing that development Saturday, Dawsy called Couey "a piece of trash" and said he wants to see him "get the death penalty."

Jessica's distraught father said earlier Saturday that his daughter is "home now," but made no reference to the discovery of her remains.

"Everyone heard me say time after time that she would be home," said Mark Lunsford, choking back tears. "Well, she's home now. It's over...She's right here with me."

Lunsford said he wanted to tell all parents to "make sure you get that hug and kiss every day before you leave the house."

On Friday, three weeks after Jessica Lunsford disappeared from her home, authorities said a convicted sex offender who had fled to Georgia confessed to kidnapping and killing her.

As the search for Jessica's body continued under bright lights erected just across the street from her home, police were questioning four people described as associates of Couey, who has a long criminal history.

At least MArk knows where she is now.too bad it ended this way though.......

top topics

join