It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leading Cause Of Death Worldwide in 2020, Killing 42.6 Million People

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeektoUnderstand
a reply to: caterpillage

Is it wrong when a dog eats an ill or “presumed ill/ messed up” pup? That might effect the rest of the litter? OR is nature not one sided?

I'll consider that a fair comparison when mothers abort their own or kill babies that are born with defects. Until then the answer to all of this is humans, not dogs or chickens or any other non-human animal, have an awareness of life. When that becomes unimportant we have abortions and murders. Despite our best efforts a sizeable portion of human population doesn't value life and we see that result daily.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: SeektoUnderstand

I refuse to argue, religion against science...... one has numerous factual based standings

Really???...
"Factual based standings"

Because "Scientific facts" are constantly changing

First, the body of scientific knowledge is continually evolving. Scientists don't simply add more facts to our scientific repository; they question new evidence as it comes in, and they repeatedly reexamine prior conclusions. That means that the body of scientific knowledge isn't just growing, it's also changing.

the other was fairy tales written by random dudes.....

You sure about that?
Is that a fact?
got any proof for that claim???

Actually the Holy Bible is the only book or (compilation of books) in history to ever so accurately prophesy actual events that have come to pass right down to the very T...
& no other books hold the amount of accurate prophecies as the Holy Bible does...

No other literature even comes close...

And if your wary of the legitimacy & authenticity of the Holy Bible, you should know that there is more manuscript evidence for the historicity of the Holy Bible, and for it's legitimacy and authenticity, then any other historical literary work ever made period...

The Old and New Testaments pass the bibliographic, internal, and external tests like no other ancient books. Most professional archaeologists and historians acknowledge the historicity of the Bible, and yet many theologians still embrace pre-archaeological critical theories about the Bible. The evidence strongly supports the accuracy of the Bible in relation to history and culture, but in many cases it has been overlooked or rejected because of philosophical presuppositions that run contrary to the Scriptures. This leads to a double standard: critics approach secular literature with one standard but wrongly use a different standard when they examine the Bible. Those who discard the Bible as historically untrustworthy must realize that the same standard would force them to eliminate almost all ancient literature.

Comparison of Existing Manuscript Quantities

Homer: ~2,000
Plato: 7
Aristotle: 49
Caesar: 10
Tacitus: 20
New Testament: 6,000+ in Greek (24,000 including translations in other languages)

I suggest you check these out

how accurate is the bible

is the bible reliable the evidence we know so far

why you can believe the Bible

is the bible reliable

history of bible

how do we know that the bible is true

compelling evidence of the authenticity of the bible

incredible proof for why you should have faith in the bible

3 evidences confirm bible not made up

20 compelling evidences that God exists

scientific evidence of God's existence

What do you think was the major source of social services like

Science/Logic/Reason...
Medicine/Hospitals/Physicians/
(Medical Care)...
Schools/Universities/Education Systems...

yep Christianity...
most even derived from it

The Church (Christianity) has also been a major inspiration for art, culture and philosophy...

Some of the greatest,
most brilliant minds of all time
(philosophers & scientists)
were Christians...

Just to name a few...

Hildegard of Bingen
Robert Grosseteste
Nicholas of Cusa
Otto Brunfels
Francis Bacon
Nicolaus Copernicus
Nicolas Steno
Galileo Galilei
Blaise Pascal
Desiderius Erasmus
Gottfried Leibniz
Emanuel Swedenborg
Robert Boyle
Sir. Isaac Newton
Johannes Kepler
Antoine Lavoisier
Alessandro Volta
André-Marie Ampère
Bernhard Riemann
John Dalton
Michael Faraday
Charles Babbage
Joseph Lister
James Clerk Maxwell
Lord Kelvin
James Prescott Joule
Giuseppe Mercalli
Wilhelm Röntgen
Louis Pasteur
Gregor Mendel
Alexis Carrel
J. J. Thomson
Guglielmo Marconi
Max Born
Gerty Cori
Emil Theodor Kocher
Werner Heisenberg
Pascual Jordan
Philipp Lenard
Arthur Compton
Robert Andrews Millikan
Ernest Walton
Karl Landsteiner
Lise Meitner
Arthur Leonard Schawlow
Wernher von Braun
Antonino Zichichi
Stanley Jaki
Rosalind Picard
John Polkinghorne
Don Page
Robert Wicks
James Tour
Colin Humphreys
Martin Nowak
Francis Collins
Fred Brooks
Werner Arber
Peter Agre
Gerhard Ertl
Brian Kobilka
John Gurdon
Charles Hard Townes
William D. Phillips
Peter Gruenberg
William C. Campbell
Juan Maldacena
Thomas Aquinas
Immanuel Kant
Soren Kierkeggard
Alvin Plantinga
CS Lewis
Norman Geisler
Martin Luther
Francis Shaffer
NT Wright
Alister Macgrath
Ravi Zacharias
Tim Keller
William Lane Craig
Martin Luther king Jr.
edit on 3-1-2021 by DustybudzZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I used two examples..... another could be the possibility of the mother dying, or the child dying during birth. There is also the possibility of the child being born without quality of life.

There are many reasons that abortion is a necessity; but their are also many reasons it isn’t...... but again it’s not my choice, my body, my life, or my faith. It’s the mothers.....

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=25668439]DustybudzZ[/post

How do you know what has/ hasn’t had “awareness” of life? I could argue hunting animals for *sport* is far more barbaric than a first trimester-33 weeks in abortion....(after that is different, depending on the reasons) this isn’t a “black and white” subject TOO much grey area.

The “animal” (even though it shows numerous versions of *awareness*) most people deem it, not a “conscience being”..... but that animal is more “aware” as you miss it’s heart and it has to limp around in agony, wondering what it did to deserve.

However an embryo- up to 7.9 months the child doesn’t even have a fully formed brain or nervous system......

There are far worse atrocities than this....

Also more reasons to do it than you will admit. One of numerous links to subject
edit on 3-1-2021 by SeektoUnderstand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   
That's the problem with the world today...

Not enough good ol fashioned Biblical Godly morals anymore...
the family home is broken completely...

No one truly loves or shows real compassion for eachother

We can not even call ourselves humanity anymore

Until we truly learn & understand...

That Jesus Christ came into this world not just to be the ultimate sacrifice so we could have eternal salvation,
but also to show us the kind of human being we are truly supposed to be and how to treat eachother,
to love eachother and show compassion & mercy & forgiveness.

Jesus was & is the light of this world he brought the light into the world to outshine the darkness.

Jesus has overcome the world so all things are possible though Christ who strengthens us

Jesus Christ is the only way, truth & life

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   

hunting animals for *sport* 

If you are not eating the animal then this is wrong because then
(if not for food) there is no real meaningful purpose behind killing it...
If it is for food it's ok... it then serves a true purpose a meaningful purpose

first trimester-33 weeks in abortion

This serves no meaningful purpose at all...
besides maybe a selfish one of the person making that decision...
Though still meaningless nonetheless

We are supposed to be "selfless" but that's part of the problem everyone only cares about there own needs...

Hence the reason you will never see a true practicing Christian have an abortion because they know it is wrong & selfish

Not to say people can't be forgiven if they have made a past mistake even murder is forgivable if you're truly sorry...

But murder is murder no matter how hard you try to make it sound "more acceptable"

A unborn baby is still a life...
even unborn...
it becomes a life at conception...

I do hope you know the difference between a murder and a killing...

Now I'll agree (situations) are not always so black and white...

But the preconceived decision to take a innocence life is very black & white
Or should I say dark & light
edit on 3-1-2021 by DustybudzZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

My wife had our daughter and they told her the same thing, it might be defective. I said were having it, and she was perfect, no defects. 13 years old now and beautiful. Not sure why they were trying to talk us in to aborting. Something is really wrong with that.

OMG, they do this? I believe it's a murder. I'd never allow it but they'd talk me into it with this lie.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   

You have conveniently admonished yourself of all the responsibility eh. If you dip the stick, you're responsible for what it produces! Don't act like this is a one way thing.

The decision should be 50/50. You know, equal representation and all.......

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Again, have you actually watched an abortion happen? I suggest you do, you're incredibly, DANGEROUSLY uninformed about it.

The fetus does feel pain, and they do react to being torn limb from limb in the womb. You can call my faith fairytales all you want, supporting this utterly barbaric practice will see you answer to a just judge. Good luck with your excuse.

"You can't punish me, I don't believe in you".....

"Yeah, okay, bye then"......

You need Jesus, that much shows in your callous and tragically underwhelming responses. You don't want to believe anything is an absolute. As for science being the truth. HAHAHAHAHA. Okay.....

Hey science, how long should the lock-downs last again?
Doctors are frequently wrong.
Scientists are almost always wrong, ethically it's almost at 100%.

Abortion is evil. You're okay with evil.....

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 01:19 PM
link   

And who gets to speak for the unborn child?
The mother who wants to abort it?
What about the father? Does he have rights?
It’s Her body sure, the baby’s life is not hers.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   
This is a massive genocide of a certain type of being, specifically the "unwanted unborn", sacrificed on the alter of "My body my choice"

It is the greatest travesty of justice in the last 50 years, there has been around 2 billion abortions worldwide.
It makes the Holocaust look like nothing by comparison, one day people will look back and consider these not the good old days, but the modern dark ages.

edit on 3-1-2021 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   
If you don't like abortion, don't have one. Problem solved.

As for doing something to help humanity, there are plenty of abused, unwanted children still out there who could use a lot more help than those never born. Maybe try focusing on them. If you're gonna talk the talk, walk the walk.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Ha! Touche' again tonite cwmust!

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Nonsense thread is nonsense.

It's none of your damn business what a woman chooses to do with her body.

Don't bother replying - I've heard it all before and you're still wrong.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Beter to Abort it before its born,
than make it live it this Hell of a world!
unloved uncare'd for.

posted on Jan, 4 2021 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Should not forget about those wasted sperm cells in condoms, and the devils strongest tool, masturbation. All those poor little souls just wanting to unite with the egg to create life and they didn't even have a chance!

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 05:53 AM
link   
There is little to none more damaging to our collective soul journeys than the normalization of mass murder of infants.

Children are killed as a way to "express one's own freedom."

Truth seekers are persecuted.

Corrupt authority is obeyed without question.

People willingly surrender their freedoms to their untrusted officials, and attack the character of those who would caution them otherwise.

These are mad days.

Perhaps these are the last of days?

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Abortion is pure evil, plain and simple. If you agree with it you are evil, you are my enemy, and war is coming.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85
Nonsense thread is nonsense.

It's none of your damn business what a woman chooses to do with her body.

Don't bother replying - I've heard it all before and you're still wrong.

That is propaganda straight from a very wicked Planned Parenthood.

A baby is NOT the woman's body. Don't bother understanding that, because you probably never will.

posted on Jan, 5 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

The reality is .

Population control , We are a breeding species that was our evolutionary track we are not immortal . The only way for our species to survive is to Breed .

And we are stuck on this little Blue Planet with limited fresh water , limited food , limited living space and limited resources all together .

We have no choice but to control the population of our species it is a cold cold reality , if we are ever lucky enough to become a space fairing species abortion may well become a thing of the past .

But untill that happens , measures must be taken .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join