It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming Could Decimate Crops (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Global Warning has been known of for over a decade, and a new report says turning back the heat is now impossible. The temperture will continue rising along with the ocean as polar ice caps melt. This heat wave could kill crops by exposure to more heat then usual and the rise of insects that feed on crops.

news.com.com... How to best curb greenhouse gas emissions is a hotly debated topic. But new research suggests that putting the brakes on greenhouse gas levels is not enough to slow down climate change because the ocean responds so slowly to perturbations. The study results, published today in the journal Science, indicate that even if greenhouse gas levels had stabilized five years ago, global temperatures would still increase by about half a degree by the end of the century and sea level would rise some 11 centimeters.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

With the Kyoto Accord signed by many major nations in an attempt to stop global warming this new report may make it useless. Nations like China and America did not sign the Kyoto Accord, and now it seems it doesn't matter. Global Warming has been called a hoax by automobile companies to greatest threat on Earth by enviromentalists. Now it seems that Global Warming is real and may very well cause millions to die from lack of food and from floods.

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.overclockersclub.com

[edit on 18-3-2005 by James the Lesser]

[edit on 18-3-2005 by James the Lesser]

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
i think you need to add at least another sentence in your introduction line, and fix your spelling. i could be wrong but that seems to be the reason why your submission has been disabled until you fix it. BTW, thanks for the link and the report. i will vote for your submission once we are able to vote.

[edit on 18-3-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
it would be nice if you could call your link soemthing like "link here". The link is so long it makes the page hard to read.
example: link here

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Damn it, I am trying here.... first told caps needed, then link wrong place, then another, IDK, I am off my game today, usually only need at most one fix if any. I was awake a long time, like 37hours, but damn it, sholdn't be this bad.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Good try tho, and good find.

Almost missed this one. Glad I found it. ...Even tho things are not looking good at all...

FYI - umbrax has a thread about the big money behind 'no global warming' studies. Will see if I can find it...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hate to think the games held everything up, and now it's too late.

new topics

top topics

join