It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Posterity...we all saw it coming, some just didn't recognize it

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   
So, at the end of the day here on ATS, I thought I should add one last "conspiracy thread".

For the last few years, we've all seen it coming. We might not have recognized it, but it's right in front of us.

Every time you set up your cell phone, or update your computer, you're asked all manner of questions about storing your stuff on "free" cloud storage, about working from "cloud" apps. They want your cell phone number, they want your email address, they want to know if you're male or female (or other). Days past we used to load things like MS Office onto our hard drives. Now we have to subscribe to them, every year. We have to supply all sorts of personal information. They OWN YOU!

Sure, you can be like me and avoid most of these things, but some are almost impossible to avoid these days.

Tomorrow, websites like ATS will be gone. Social media doesn't like NWO conspiracies. Why? Because they are the ones who perpetrate them.

Tomorrow there will be a void, a darkness of sorts...and we will all become victims of that which we feared the most. Big Brother!

One day, we will look back on this place with wonder. It will be unimaginable to others that we could have expressed the opinions we expressed here. Even the discussions of such will be but a whisper in a darkened corner. Surveillance will be everywhere, there will be no escape. There will be no free speech, there will be no freedom. Every dollar you spend, every mile you drive, every person you meet, will be tracked, ranked and scored.

2020 was the end. Not only was it the end of ATS, but more importantly it was the end of individuality and freedom.

Remember this day.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   
“They don’t gotta burn the books, just remove ‘em”

If only I could remember the protagonists job in 1984....

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   

edit on 10-12-2020 by hiImBigbob because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I just noticed the heading on the website it says this site is for sale please inquire the owner of this site.

I just got a Windows 10 new computer 2 weeks ago actually and yes it's very true they're asking everything about you prior to that I had the Windows 7 or 8 whatever it was and not at this crap was coming up at all here they want you to update your email with the new phone number they give you I think I got two more days left and windows word I guess it is 365 they want you to subscribe to it or you can't use it no more anyway it's they want you to sync everything with your computer to the the phone these days so there's no there's they have your phone number regardless plus they know your real name now too so it's kind of screwed up these days.
I was able to keep my real name off the computer but I had to type in an address because I ordered something and I happen to use my real name and I did it on WhatsApp and zap Facebook got it and all my relatives and their friends and so on showed up on my Facebook account of course I don't use my real name on Facebook so there

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiImBigbob
I hope b4 its all said and done certain talking heads are drug out to the streets and beaten .

They are the enemy and need to be treated as such. If you work for them you are the enemy.

From the janitors to the camera men to the talking heads and higher. They are the enemy.

We don’t talk about Fight Club

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   

S&F

You state the truth here! Its a sad truth!

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   

You are sounding rather defeatist here Mr. Disk. Why? Basically half the nation voted for Trump and one of the two major parties appear to be pretty much in lockstep with him at this point. That party is still his. The Democrats a weak and already in turmoil over their moderate branch and the more fringe of the leftists. Trump will continue to rally conservatives around which many will keep up with their revolutionary fervor.

You seem to have a much deeper fear of the liberal side of things than I have confidence in them.

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Facebook and Twitter took over the market that forums once served. This is a sit down restaurant where mainstream social media is fast food. It's faster, easier and way less mentally challenging for the users.

It's a cycle that's repeated many times before. BBS's gave way to Compuserve / AOL forums and newsgroups, then chatrooms - all leading to websites like this.

There were many growing pains in each of those steps as well.

The censorship issues with the big social media companies will ultimately either resolve - or - some enterprising kid in a bedroom somewhere will dream up a new paradigm. Discord is an example of what that solution could look like.

All that said... As a person who lived through all of the above, I still don't find it any easier to say goodbye to this place. It's special and, for all the ups and downs, I think the world was better off for ATS having existed.

I think the part that hits me the hardest is that we'll be losing some of the final creations of some amazing people who we lost along the way.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

You are sounding rather defeatist here Mr. Disk. Why? Basically half the nation voted for Trump and one of the two major parties appear to be pretty much in lockstep with him at this point. That party is still his. The Democrats a weak and already in turmoil over their moderate branch and the more fringe of the leftists. Trump will continue to rally conservatives around which many will keep up with their revolutionary fervor.

You seem to have a much deeper fear of the liberal side of things than I have confidence in them.
Shut up about Trump. Goddamn this isn’t about him. What is wrong with you guys?

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Never mind.
edit on 12/10/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Agreed.

Look at some of my other posts tonight and you will see I was saying the exact same thing about social media.

Social media is the death of forums. The problem is, social media is not free speech; it is very controlled where the narrative reigns supreme.

That's not what ATS was/is.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

Of course it's about Trump. Trump came on the scene and this place morphed into a whirlpool of conspiracy thinkers who had found the man who would expose all the wrongdoings and hidden cabals that had only been whispered about around these halls. More Trumpian fandom joined and that has been the gist of this place ever since. You can't believe that none of this has anything to do with Trump can you?

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   

So...
are you going to detail us on
the Siberian Space Alien Base you
discovered or not?

Add some Fish Sauce to it for us.
Will Ya?

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Best words I have ever seen you post.

Ciao!

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Wow...some of you really can't see the forest but for the trees, can you??? Just WOW!

If you had a loved one lying on their death bed, you'd figure out some way to twist it around to make it about Trump, wouldn't you?

Some of you TDS people are straight up SICK!!

NOTE: where, anywhere in anything I've posted on this thread did I mention ANY political candidate??? I didn't!

So...PUT A SOCK IN IT!!

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Wildmanimal

I don't think it had to do with aliens, and it's funny you would mention that.

Do you know that was my very 1st post here on ATS?? That post garnered more flags than any other post since.

The "Black Hole in Russia" thread was the very reason I joined ATS.

To this day the mystery remains unanswered. There's something there, but it's just been far more concealed now. I think it's monetary related personally, but you'd be shocked to know how much research I've done on this place over the years!

As for the fish sauce, well, it's good stuff and I like it.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   
really really don't understand this mindset coming from anyone older than like 20.
There's always doomsaying.
TV was going to kill conversation. Computers were going to create a panopticon hellscape in the 90's.
Somehow, conversation is still here and we're not living in a prison.

Ya wanna know what the problem is? You need creativity.
You have to think like the 90's hackers and then take another step.
Just because they offer you free cloud services don't mean you gotta take it! No one's arm is being twisted here! You can very very VERY easily make a hard copy save of everything you put on the cloud. You can use their systems and subvert them. You can keep building your own world. Are you really gonna sit there and straightface me that there are no NWO conspiracy groups on facebook? man you've clearly never logged on, facebook is MADE of conspiracies. Everything gets twisted, everything gets subverted.

Human history is a succession of people trying to establish authority and rule of law, and other people continuously undermining that and this brave new world is just like the last one, it's just a bit shinier fresh out of the wrapper.
and it boggles my MIND that anyone who's seen any amount of life can't see that for the obvious truth it is.

Nothing will change because everything will continue to change, forever.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: slatesteam

Of course it's about Trump. Trump came on the scene and this place morphed into a whirlpool of conspiracy thinkers who had found the man who would expose all the wrongdoings and hidden cabals that had only been whispered about around these halls. More Trumpian fandom joined and that has been the gist of this place ever since. You can't believe that none of this has anything to do with Trump can you?

I see your point. Alas you’re the one that brings him up. It’s like an anti-fan club and I want nothing to do with it. I’m here for UFOs, BigFoot, and NWO stuff.

What’re you here for? Sounds like you should be on Twitter

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

I think you're kind of missing his entire point.

And when ATS slips quietly into the night, it wont even matter any more.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Trump is into high maintenance Barbie types. I don’t think he’d want to grab you by the p-word.
The sooner you get him out of your head the happier you will be.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join