It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-16 crashes in Michigan

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
Another "accident", courtesy of CCP and their loyal insiders?

They are fighting aliens.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

They haven't said anywhere I've seen. Just that there was a second debris field that appeared to be ejection related. There is an ELT and radio in the kit that goes out with the ejection seat.
edit on 12/10/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGoondockSaint

It doesnt take long for odd tales to start emerging when something like this happens, ive already read about three different takes on this story alone, I'm sure it's just a routine flight gone awry.

It's not the most forgiving area to search so there is that also.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thanks for keeping up on the thread, I know you'll/would've dropped any info as soon as it was available.

Also thanks to everybody here who contributed with what little we know.

Last updated this morning but no change in pilot status.

F-16 CRASH IN UPPER MICHIGAN PENINSULA - UPDATE (CURRENT AS OF DEC 9 AT 7:30 A.M.)

MADISON, Wis. - An F-16 Fighting Falcon assigned to the Wisconsin Air National Guard’s 115th Fighter Wing at Truax Field Air National Guard Base in Madison crashed in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula at approximately 8 p.m. Tuesday, December 8, 2020. 

The search for the pilot continues and the pilot’s status remains unknown at this time. 

The 115th Fighter Wing participated in a coordinated search effort with local emergency responders, the U.S. Coast Guard and other government agencies overnight.   Search and rescue efforts on the ground, in the air, and in the water continue.

The crash site, located in Delta County, Michigan was initially secured by local emergency responders, but military personnel and safety and security personnel from the 115th Fighter Wing are now on site. Additional personnel will be sent later today to help facilitate the safety and security of the crash site.

“We are a close knit family and when an incident like this occurs, every member in our organization feels it.”, said Col. Bart Van Roo, 115th Fighter Wing commander. “The safety of our pilot along with search and rescue efforts are our top priority, and we will continue to pray for the pilot’s safe return”. 

The incident remains under investigation.

www.115fw.ang.af.mil...

I even checked their Instagram many times over the hours.

Found this gentleman...

Swear to goodness I've seen or met him before. Can't figure it out.

***EDIT*** nevermind I think I just answered my own question...

Also I've learned that the 115th is going to receive F-35's buy 2023. So maybe that will help with maintenance, though as Zaph pointed out that there is a lack in mechanics crews.

To thoughs who pointed out how cold it is up there, my fingers are crossed. But I'm feeling little sad.
edit on 10-12-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: glib2
a reply to: Bigburgh

www.google.com...

Not the news I wanted, but thank you for brining the truth. 😔

Officials with the Wisconsin Air National Guard's 115th Fighter Wing said Thursday the pilot had been killed.

Goes on..

"We are deeply saddened by this tragic loss, and our thoughts and prayers are with the family during this difficult time," 115th Fighter Wing commander Col. Bart Van Roo said. "Today is a day for mourning, and the 115th Fighter Wing along with the entire Wisconsin National Guard stands with the pilot’s family as we grieve the loss of a great Airman, and patriot."

My best to the family.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Well that's a sad ending.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Catch_a_Fire
a reply to: TheGoondockSaint

It doesnt take long for odd tales to start emerging when something like this happens, ive already read about three different takes on this story alone, I'm sure it's just a routine flight gone awry.

It's not the most forgiving area to search so there is that also.

Just a pilot flying with live ordnance over continental US with no wingman or copilot and no GPS transponder. No biggie.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Live ordnance is flown all the time over the US. Not sure why that’s a problem. Of course he had a wingman/flight mates. No copilot it’s single seat that’s silly. GPS transponder? This is like a block 30 fighter. Not a G4. Frills of navigation like modern civilian aircraft are not a thing. It’s designed to do its job. No biggie.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The pilot was Capt. Durwood “Hawk” Jones, 37, of Albuquerque, New Mexico.

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Be more skeptical of where your information comes from.

posted on Dec, 13 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Years ago and a hundred or so miles away

www.history.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Live ordnance is flown all the time over the US. Not sure why that’s a problem. Of course he had a wingman/flight mates. No copilot it’s single seat that’s silly. GPS transponder? This is like a block 30 fighter. Not a G4. Frills of navigation like modern civilian aircraft are not a thing. It’s designed to do its job. No biggie.

Theres GPS on the pilot and the ejector seat and at least one more. But yet it took them forever to find him. You think they don't have "frills" like a GPS beacon to help them locate a downed pilot? You think they just figure they will search with their eyeballs?

Get real.

If he had a wing man why didn't he see where the parachute went? Where did you read that he "had a wingman"?

There is something more to this story than a simple accident. The radio communications are available. It's sad that ATS missed out on yet another item of important on our border with Canada who has been harboring and helping to train, Chinese troops. And Trudeau said he admires Chinas dictatorship.

R.I.P. ATS. You were great at one time. Before you began to shun the entire world of conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 13 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masisoar

Be more skeptical of where your information comes from.

Why? Did I say something wrong?

Just saying that and nothing else actually makes you sound like a Richard noggin. A pompous one. Its like the liberal mantra "Educate yourself" 😕 It makes you sound incredibly pathetic and very low on information. You clearly had no useful information to share. You were just like "I don't know WHY he's wrong... I just, really don't like what he said. So how can I express that without revealing my own lack of knowledge? Oh I know I'll make a snide remark about his choice of sources.

WORTHLESS. Absolutely pathetic in the true sense of the word. Youd do better to just keep your mouth shut if you have nothing of value to contribute.

Jerk.
edit on 12/13/2020 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
Theres GPS on the pilot and the ejector seat and at least one more. But yet it took them forever to find him. You think they don't have "frills" like a GPS beacon to help them locate a downed pilot? You think they just figure they will search with their eyeballs?

Get real.

You get real. The military doesn't have the latest and greatest of everything on every piece of equipment. The seat and the pilot have an Emergency Locator Transmitter that broadcasts a signal that is located. If it doesn't activate, which it frequently doesn't due to the violence of ejection, the pilot, if he's alive, can activate the unit that's on his survival radio. If he's not alive, it doesn't activate.

If he had a wing man why didn't he see where the parachute went? Where did you read that he "had a wingman"?

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that it was at night. If the pilot ejected, his parachute isn't lit. It's a dark parachute, with a dark person, in a dark flight suit. But sure, the wingman would have known exactly where he landed. If he didn't eject, then it's a matter of searching the area for what's left of his remains and recovering them. That's not a quick process.

There is something more to this story than a simple accident. The radio communications are available.

Then link them. The actual communications, not something someone posted on a website somewhere.

R.I.P. ATS. You were great at one time. Before you began to shun the entire world of conspiracy.

Yes, because we should just accept any conspiracy that comes along, despite knowing better.

posted on Dec, 13 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 13-12-2020 by glib2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   

You assume he got out of the jet. If a dude is trail element the only thing notifying lead a bro went down is no radio communication. They didn’t have a hard time finding the wreckage, they just couldn’t safely get to the jet close enough to verify his body. Hence no beacon. Until then hoping he got out. ATS is great, when you jump in with bashing all these things you look silly to the dudes that know what’s up.
edit on 13-12-2020 by glib2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The AIB report was released. The pilot suffered spatial disorientation after changing lead positions with his wingman, and flying into weather. He was also fixated on performing an in flight alignment of his INS after his GPS degraded and stopped detecting satellites, while using NVGs. He impacted the ground at 58 degrees nose low, 20 degrees right bank, and over 600 knots.

AIB report.
edit on 6/10/2021 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Thx Sir... Never seen one of these before, the picture of the crater was insane
a reply to: Zaphod58

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 12:41 AM
link   
My thoughts and prayers to the pilots family.

A sad day indeed...😢

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join