It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$3 a gal!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
www.kesq.com...

Malibu gas station already charging more than $3 a gallon

The 76 Union station on Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu is doing brisk business despite self-serve pumps selling regular unleaded at three dollars, five cents a gallon and supreme unleaded at three dollars, 15 cents.

For Malibu residents who don't want to step out of their luxury cars or S-U-Vs, full serve pumps are selling fuel at three dollars, 33 cents for regular and three dollars, 38 cents for supreme

Question, has the Genie been let out of the bottle now that someone has broken that magic number of $3.00. I don't recall if it has been reached anywhere before in the US.

[edit on 18-3-2005 by Moon Puppy]

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Looks like US gas prices has finally reached parity with Canadian prices. We measure it differently but I think ours has been aroudn 3 bucks for quite a while now. I have no idea why since we are the largest oil exporter to the US now. You would think it would be cheaper up here eh...

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Looks like US gas prices has finally reached parity with Canadian prices. We measure it differently but I think ours has been aroudn 3 bucks for quite a while now. I have no idea why since we are the largest oil exporter to the US now. You would think it would be cheaper up here eh...

You must have much higher taxes in Canada, I figure. Those members from Europe are laughing at us complaining about the prices, last I had checked with someone on thier prices, they were like 4 times as expensive as our prices, and that was last summer...

join