It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do all people who gain wealth and power have to go through trauma to get where they are now?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Lumenari

The thing is Lumenari your nobody's judge but possibly your own.

Apologies accepted all the same.

People are people Lumenari.

Hatred for those one comes across online would seem to be rather tedious simply because they share a difference of opinion.

But what do i know.

Well thank you for being gracious about the whole thing.

I'm honestly at the point that I had a really good T-Day, everything is cleaned, people are just chatting right now before they go home.

However, I am also at that point on the sobriety chart that is just between "too drunk to drive" and "blacked out".

That little part of the process where you discover that you are suddenly Einstein and can solve all the world's problems, so you write a note to yourself about how to do that.

AND... in the morning you read the note and it says "We can convert turkey carcasses to pepperoni pizzas and through cold fusion make free energy!!"

You have a good night and thank you for being a gentleman.

We will cross swords again but it's fun.

edit on 26-11-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man
No I meant the thread title.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: gell1234

Where did they hurt you OP? It's okay you can talk about it.

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Many people have hard lives, not just wealthy successful people - but it´s not the normal people´s story you usually hear about in the mainstream media. I suggest you start watching more documentaries and independent films which often portrait working class people´s lives and not just the rich and famous. In general, our world is a though place and it´s up to us to change it for the better as little or much as we can imo.

-MM
edit on 27-11-2020 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 03:31 AM
link   
,a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

There is no suffering like absolute poverty: no roof over your head, not knowing where your next meal is coming from. Being sick and too poor to seek treatment.

Compared to that, the suffering of the rich will always be lesser in a sense because their money gives them control and options. They can at least sit quietly in a warm room, eat and sleep in comfort.

So the suffering of the rich is more mental than physical and more within their control to ameliorate. however, do not underestimate the byzantine labyrinths of hellish inner torment the rich can construct for themselves. Hollow, loveless lives where families are shattered by money and power struggles that pit man against son, brother against sister. No true loving mate but a cold parade of sexual debauchery drained of all tenderness. The lonliness of confronting the world as endless competition. The hollowness of having your dreams so satisfied that you lose the ability to dream at all. Flight into mazes of substance abuse, sadism...the occult, literally or figuratively.

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Never Despise

Very true and nicely put, what´s the point of success if you loose your soul on the way there. People are so focused on their materialistic life´s goal that they forget who they are on the way there.

-MM
edit on 27-11-2020 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   

I can identify with the sobriety conundrum.

I stopped smoking for about 3 months now.

Talk about a learning curve, i just don't know what to do with my hands. LoL

You have a good evening also.

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: gell1234

Ask any trust fund kid who grew up in a gated community about trauma, and they will tell you about that time that the mall ran out of that whatever it was that they wanted.

America's wealthy who inherit their fortunes prove that you can sleep walk your way to wealth trauma free.

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

The fact of the matter is geography and social circumstances still dictate one's station in life to a certain extent.

Sure there are exceptions to the rule.

But it's not exactly easy for some starving wean living in a mud hut in some third world country to pick up sticks, start a business, and become Elon Musk or Richard Branson.

Musk is probably a poor example ta boot considering his parents were not exactly poor.

The world is not a fair place, never has been, and probably never will be.

And the gap and divide between the haves and the have nots is only getting wider.

For a start look at who gets richer in time like this whilst the rest of us wonder if we may be evicted in the coming months.
edit on 27-11-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Never Despise

I don't think anyone is qualified to judge another person's suffering based on their level of apparent wealth.

Let's look at Robin Williams. Guy seemed to have it all and made the entire world laugh, and yet ... and yet ... whatever he suffered made him end it all. Have you suffered to that degree no matter how poor you may be? Obviously not as you're still here writing posts to the rest of us.

Not only can you not judge the level of suffering, but you can't judge what's serious suffering to you relative to someone else either. Not all of us have the same threshold for it. Some people break easier either physically or mentally than others, so something that seems no big deal to you would be earth shattering to them.

You can call them wimps, but a broken person is still broken.

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
And if you want to throw down on my point above, I'll take you into the realm of the physical where I have TONS of experience and could probably throw more pain and suffering at you than a lot of people.

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I think we all go through trauma. It’s only the select few whose stories get told to the masses.

Do you really think it’s only the wealthy and powerful who have trials?!?!?

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

Of course not, if you pay attention to your local news, the average person who overcomes is sometimes the focus of the "feel good" segment.

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I too find that I was the happiest in life at times when I had nothing to my name.

I've started over from scratch with nothing but a backpack a few times, and it is an absolutely liberating experience to let go of all things you don't "need."

^_^

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 05:14 AM
link   
POST REMOVED BY STAFF
edit on Wed Feb 3 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2021 @ 12:15 AM
link   
In my opinion... from a sadistic point of view, I imagine not that there is trauma, but just a sense of everyone or anyone trying to make a score. As easily as one who goes out and about to provide, so too the circle round about these folks whom you have mentioned. They're networked. And each Individual connected, directly or not, is out for a score themselves. So this creates a whirlwind of mishaps and poor choices.
This then leads to egotistical annihilation. Everyone is at some point challenged. So... That's the story.
Supply and demand is a grim reality for populace.
However... When it comes to fame and fortune, emotions can run rampid. This then becomes the moment where elixirs are presented. By elixirs, I mean detrimental individuals who play out their attempts to score without any consideration for the world of hurt they're unleashing. This creates a whirlwind of obnoxious pollutants called media swarming to score... For us who don't and we often find comfort in these names you mentioned which attracts us and we feel entitled to the opinions and exposures of lies or truths that truly isn't any of our business. But we eat it up... And perhaps judge according to our so called sound judgment which leads to those names having to defend when there is no possible way to do so. So they resort to one comfort or another. It's called scoring. It's a whirlwind and anyone, especially the named few, are all subject to it. We call it many names, or cherry pick the solution or resolutions, etc... But it's just simply supply and demand. And with a host as big as this population, were gullible to all points of view and it's truly a poor choice, but we often believe ourselves to right... And that leaves the named few to defend what they believe to be right. In the event that they can't, they may delve deep into a miserable exploitation that the people devour and succumb to. Some brave the moment by passing harsh criticism regardless of the emotional standpoint of the party they're annihilating... So on and so on. So...
My point in case is... NO! The trauma isn't the case. They're successful because they dedicate themselves to fulfilling supply and demand whilst unawares that it's inconceivable to them to know you can't supply them all with demands because somewhere someone is unappreciative and lurks for their own score. Creepy as hell... The point I'm trying to convey. I have trauma if my pack of smokes disappears before I get my next score/check/deposit. Store guy sells them to me no questions (his score), I smoke them (my score), boss pays me to deliver packages (he scores), family hates my nicotine consumption (no score, but happy constructive criticism score), irs gets taxes (they score), I love my ex girlfriend (some score), she loves another (she scores)... Etc...

DO NOT NETWORK! Or Else... You are a victim of the factual inherent quality of supply and demand. It's A True Lie!
edit on 24-1-2021 by Pinocchio because: A V

top topics

<< 1   >>

join