It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Human Brain And The Entire Universe Have Odd Similarities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The Brain and the universe at large seem to have a number of remarkable similarities, with the way galaxies are arranged mirroring the shape of neurons, as one example.

"As above, so below?"

If the universe is a massive brain...what is it thinking about?

An astrophysicist at the University of Bologna and a neurosurgeon at the University of Verona have claimed that the brain resembles the universe. The two Italian researchers came up with the galaxy-brain theory that is out of this world: The structures of the perceptible universe, they say, are astonishingly comparable to the neuronal networks of the human brain.

...The brain itself contains an estimated 69 billion neurons, while the visible universe is comprised of at least 100 billion galaxies, strung together like a mesh network. Even more intriguing both galaxies and neurons only account for about 30 percent of the total masses of the universe and brain. Further, both galaxies and neurons arrange themselves like pearls on a long string.

Beginning from the shared features of the two systems, the two researchers examined a simulation of the network of galaxies in comparison to sections of the cerebral cortex and the cerebellum. Their purpose was to inspect how matter variations propagate.

In the case of galaxies, the remaining 70 percent of mass is dark energy. The equivalent in the human brain, the pair said was water.

www.zerohedge.com...
edit on 26-11-2020 by Never Despise because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Never Despise

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   
We are the pituitary gland or something???
when I was in nursing school I often thought that it was very similar in structure to the universe because of the pictures I had seen. We migbt be part limbic system... It is responsable for emotions!!!
edit on 11 25 2020 by cre8chaos because: Added stuff n' junk

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 11:22 PM
link   
God farted In the bath tub and is giggling at the bubbles.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   
It makes sense to me that the universe was created (started, if you prefer) based on a set of laws governing how everything plays out.

That there are these similiarities is not surprising to me. We could probably find them in everything if we knew where and how to look. The Fibonacci sequence is a good example of this.

The most interesting in this, to me, is the ending of one sequence and the start of the next. For example, if our brains mirror the cosmos - how many "steps" are there between us and it?

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Gnawledge

How can you (ironically) be so open minded to this; being (opinion and based in theory) however, when other things that have factual and mathematical proof, you are so bias.

On topic: if the universe had a “creator” than this is what the Bible meant by “created in his image”. Mirrors are definitely a cool invention. (Especially on Acid)
edit on 25-11-2020 by SeektoUnderstand because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Everything is energy. It's what we see, hear, and feel. How complicated of an explanation is desired is up to the individual.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SeektoUnderstand

I'm not sure I understand your question but, as you say I'm more biased to the factual and mathematical proof because I'm quite certain we don't know all of it. Science is continual and ever-changing.

Opinions are just mine. My own experiences in life. I try to incorporate both of these things as well as I am able in order to gain an understanding of my existence here on this Earth.

What the bible means or doesn't mean is subject to whoever is reading it.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 01:19 AM
link   

So expansive fraud is unquestionable; yet the ever expanding universe and its mystery are more plausible?

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 01:35 AM
link   

That's amazing.....

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Kind of reminds me of The Creation of Adam

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cropper
Kind of reminds me of The Creation of Adam

Woah.

Good find.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 04:14 AM
link   
As is below so is above.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Greetings ND.

Yes, I also noticed the similarities. I believe that matter works in macrocosms and microcosms. The human brain is the most complex creation the universe has created, as fars as we know presently. The molecule structures, atoms, electrons, et c are similar to solar systems in some ways. Electricity is the great animator of matter and all that is, from our thoughts to the binding of every structure to our smartphones as we know.

If we playedf our cards right we could indeed be like litle gods creating some amazing creations of our own, but we are squandering the earth and I can't see us lasting too much longer if we continue like this. We create based on themes too. Our computers are very muchj like brains. We have ram memory and a hard rive. We load information from the hard rive as and when we need it, but have so much more going on than the computers do.

What impresses me most is that this brain we have grows in the main in nine months inside a woman. Can you beat that Apple and Microsoft?

edit on 26-11-2020 by Kakamega because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Congrats. You've figured it out...we all are important "cells" of a much much bigger....something.👍

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeektoUnderstand

So expansive fraud is unquestionable; yet the ever expanding universe and its mystery are more plausible?

Ohhh, you've made the thread political.

What a joke. I've nothing to discuss with you.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Congrats. You've figured it out...we all are important "cells" of a much much bigger....something.👍

An image of our creator.

posted on Nov, 26 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

An image of our creator.

Waxing Philosophic here...I hold we are but a grain of sand.

Pick out the light or dark "one". You can't...all are part of the whole..and our "whole"...and it's "whole"..are part of a Greater Thing...and that...another small part of yet an even greater universe...ad infinitum.

Boggles the mind. M.S

posted on Nov, 27 2020 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Never Despise

"In the case of galaxies, the remaining 70 percent of mass is dark energy. The equivalent in the human brain, the pair said was water."

www.zerohedge.com...
The author of that article, Tyler Durden, got the science wrong like many science writers do, not that the science in this case is particularly good to begin with. But that statement above that the remaining 70 percent of mass is dark energy doesn't make scientific sense. News flash Tyler, energy (including dark energy) is energy, not mass.

This source discussed the same topic without the obvious error by Tyler Durden:

Does the human brain resemble the Universe?

The obvious question a 12 year old child asked 2 years ago was this:

The universe looks like a giant brain. If it’s the brain, where’s the body? – Aine, age 12, Edinburgh, UK

top topics

join