It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Record Breaking Highs' in number of Infections today

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: mysterioustranger

No disease can keep exploding in case numbers forever.

Correct. But a pandemic can keep exploding exponentially until about half the population has been infected. At that point the curve will start to flatten all by itself because the infection will start to run out of susceptible individuals. That’s how the mathematics work. Currently we are at about 4% of the population having been infected, so the daily numbers can go up by a factor of 10 or so If we don’t control it.

It's more like 18% of the population having been infected.

As Many As 60 Million Americans May Have Had A Coronavirus Infection, But That’s A Long Way From Herd Immunity

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   

This is what our state graph looks like and you can see the pronounced downward curve in the case number trend.

But our press keeps the screaming headlines just like you mention.

A death a minute was the scroll across the bottom of our local news today, that's 10080 a week

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: dug88

Wait till Monday after Thanksgiving. That's the litmus test....hold on.

Probably more like a week and change. Usually symptomatic in about 5 days after exposure throw in a few more days for getting tested and getting results.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: Edumakated
The problem is cases don't mean infected or even sick...

If you are testing more and looking for it more, you are going to get more cases...

All I want to know is numbers of people requiring hospitalization / dying...

I live in Johnson County, Missouri. My friend was zapped and sent home after having a heart attack last week because there are no available beds here, in Columbia, in Kansas City, or at any of the small hospitals in between. Cases is the definition of infected.

They don't seem to get that, the place in the OP has 61 ICU beds ate up and another 250-ish regular beds. And about 70 people died in the last 7..or so days. I'm in the hotspot.
edit on 24-11-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Wait till Monday after Thanksgiving. That's the litmus test....hold on.

Probably more like a week and change. Usually symptomatic in about 5 days after exposure throw in a few more days for getting tested and getting results.

Up to 2 weeks incubation, we had a late October election, everyone whooped it up on Halloween, and about 10 days ago, a religious holiday, where a hell of a lot of people gathered, no distancing or masks, a few thousand gathered, and they live inter generational. Numbers have been ramping it it for last 3-4 weeks. The daily #s have pretty much doubled over weeks time.

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Exactly.
At some point everyone is infected

posted on Nov, 24 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   

a reply to: 1947boomer

And we have three different vaccines being dropped in the next few weeks to months. So it's not going to last near that long.

Yeah, it might. However, most people won't take it, and then the weenies will cry and holler more about THAT. Never mind that the At-Risk groups are shunning it hard, I guarantee you the mouth-breather Karens of the world will pretzel themselves around & target them, while trying to White Knight anyway, "Those At-Risk people not taking the shot are SO selfish, OMG! Don't they ever think of anyone but themselves? They should protect the vulnerable, erhmahgerd!"

I read via a Market Watch article this morning that said minorities, blacks in particular, are all "Hell NO" toward this vaccine, and hell if I remember where now, but read another one showing a large percentage of elderly are in the same Piss Off boat. When the "most susceptible" groups reject your "miracle", you might want to stop being pushy about it. Not you, Ket, specifically, I mean government & media shoving it down their throats.

Edit: Here's the Market Watch article I mentioned. The article touches on the elderly, too, but not to the extent of the other article I read. Not sure at all where I read it, I browse a ton of sources for a more rounded take. If anyone read something somewhere that fits the bill for the other article I mentioned, go ahead & post it. I'd check browser history, but I have Firefox set to clear everything when I close the browser.
edit on 11/24/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 02:16 AM
link   
THIS might have something to do with it, don't worry that it's from fb, defo worth a look.

www.facebook.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

I just cant believe shaky hand held undercover video with a british accent.

0 stars

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
Yes, it’s the height of flu season.

Flu season is and always has been December through February.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: sunkuong
a reply to: FinallyAwake

I just cant believe shaky hand held undercover video with a british accent.

0 stars

What, the undercover journalist you mean?

It obviously wasn't hand held, and why does it matter that he was British?

edit on 25-11-2020 by FinallyAwake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Dbl

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: KKLOCO
Yes, it’s the height of flu season.

Flu season is and always has been December through February.

Not according to everything I work on. It officially starts as early as October which is why every LTC facility out there starts their flu shot clinics in August and September.

As to hospital beds, if you were reading the news when all this drama began, then you know that a lot of the beds are also being used by people who deferred their treatment during the initial COVID panic or they let medications lapse because they were afraid to refill them and get infected. So conditions that might otherwise have remained controlled or easily treated are now serious, and so a lot of beds are being filled with those people who would not otherwise be there.

You also know that because of the earlier lock downs producing zero spike, a lot of hospitals ended up laying off staff. Children's Mercy alone ended up laying off over 600. There was an entire hospital down in JoCo in the St. Luke's system that ended up being shut down recently. I wonder how things like that are contributing to shortages? But nope! It's all COVID ...

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Over 1,000,000 travelers ...kids, families all going back home from all directions.

I am not hopeful...1st reports should begin indicating Monday next...we'll aee

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

We had thanksgiving a month ago.

The U.S. is tomorrow

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   

We'll see.

This was always going to be the problem. People are only going to have patience with this for so long. And frankly, when you tell then they can't have the biggest holidays of the year after a year of telling them they can't do anything else important, you may have reached that point.

It's especially likely the straw has broken the camel's back in the face of our own leadership's inability to follow their own rules. If they don't think the rules are important, then why should anyone else?

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Fellow guitarist..I concur. They don't.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   

K...all the Jerry Lewis telethons...Cancer research, AIDS....breast cancer...zero cures. After all these years. Same w this.

It will be like a nagging cough. And that cough will continue unabated.

Vaccine would nice on-point. At least by odds ..we'll get sick...just won't die from it..except maybe me

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   

If we are going to always have it, then we have to live with it. We cannot stop life to try to avoid it. That's all there is to it.

How on earth did our ancestors manage to create any kind of society with all the deadly diseases of the past, some permanently maiming? Certainly their solution was not to stop everything and hide from it like we're trying to do. They learned how to carry on. It's sad, but that may be what we end up having to do. We are not going to get rid of this thing. It won't even go away if everyone drops everything and hides in our houses for 18 months like Ezekial Emanual wants to force us to.

I mean. I don't know what you think you want everyone to do.

posted on Nov, 25 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Research Medical is only taking Covid patients right now, and they're at capacity.

The flu is here all year. I've had it in June. It starts to increase as soon as cool weather reaches us, but peak flu season is December-February.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join