It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Karma My Charity Boomerang

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I recently had to have some work done on my house. It was not something that could be put off.

A workman came by and diligently went to work.
Half way through he came from the basement and I got him to chat for a few minutes.
He told me of his struggles during this epidemic. He was glad to have a job, but was working so much he
was worried about his kids. He was a single dad and it was stressing him out and with all the schools being
virtual it wasn't helping.

I asked him how he was holding up, he said he was barely making it. He mentioned that his kids were eating
faster than he could replenish, and his gray hairs were multiplying. He felt bad for his eldest that was in turn being
made into a second parent. This guy was pouring his heart out to me, not for pity, but I could just see his despair and frustration.
BTW. The repairs were a flat rate from the company, so this guy wasn't trying to scam for more money or anything like that.

He went back down to finish the work. I had planned on adopting a family for the holidays but didn't start looking yet.
It then occurred to me that nobody was more deserving than this guy. I pulled out my checkbook and wrote this guy a check,
a tip. A tip bigger than I've ever given. I know there are a lot of people that are in a worse situation than this guy, but I just felt
he needed some humanity. He needed a break, to know that he is not alone, and that even in the worst times there are slivers of light.
I do not even think it was about the money, although I do hope that helped him buy some Christmas gifts, or a fill his fridge.
It was more about the people that do the right thing, always working, making the right decisions yet always seem to turn up last..

I am not even kidding. The next morning I went to get the mail. I got a huge unexpected check.
The funny thing is that this is not the first time this has happened to me. Someone at work asked for money for a charity and I gave them the
last $20 bucks in my purse, that same afternoon I won an office raffle for $20. That kind of thing has happened to me so many times it is uncanny, and not only with money.

No I don't think we should give in order to receive, but I do think if we give, we will receive.

Any other instant good Karma stories?

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I am not even kidding. The next morning I went to get the mail. I got a huge unexpected check.

Pay it forward. Couldn’t agree with you more. The service industry is hurting bad right now. So I tip fat. Went to dinner last night that cost $70, left $100. Went to the bar for some beers after. Tab was $19 I left $40. I’ll go to work today and get it all back with tips of my own.

Good juju.

join