It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Reasons to be Skeptical of AGW

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Source: Click here for full-size image: chipstero7.wordpress.com...

edit on 20-11-2020 by Nathan-D because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Thanks for the picture thread with zero commentary.
You mind explaining what AGW is?

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

Ah you must be a young'in not to remember the doom and gloom and subsequent Nobel Prize for Al Gore's global warming PowerPoint presentation back in 2007. Funny enough, he didn't get a single prediction right.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Artificial Global Warming maybe?

I've seen a separate ATS thread (different material) illustrating that many of the graphs and plot used to tell us to be afraid had cherry picked start dates (cherry picked data) that communicated misleading results.

For instance: water levels have been rising at very constant rate since well before the industrial revolution (actively measured), with evidence indicating a few thousand years before. The plot used started a few decades ago.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   

AGW, Anthropomorphic Global Warming, a theory that human actions alone are responsible for all recent climate change. This does not take into consideration the facts that the Earth was warmer in the past, had higher concentrations of carbon dioxide, and many other factors. This theory fails to explain the long term trends in weather over thousands of years before humans were industrialized. It also has no explanation of why the temperature of Mars is rising slightly even though humans have only put a few tons of material on that planet. This temperature rise is also occurring on the other planets of this solar system.

I suspect the output of the Sun has changed in a normal cyclical manner but that doesn't fit with AGW.

edit on 11 20 2020 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge

AGW, Anthropomorphic Global Warming, a theory that human actions alone are responsible for all recent climate change. This does not take into consideration the facts that the Earth was warmer in the past, had higher concentrations of carbon dioxide, and many other factors. This theory fails to explain the long term trends in weather over thousands of years before humans were industrialized. It also has no explanation of why the temperature of Mars is rising slightly even though humans have only put a few tons of material on that planet. This temperature rise is also occurring on the other planets of this solar system.

I suspect the output of the Sun has changed in a normal cyclical manner but that doesn't fit with AGW.

Anthropogenic.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Reason no. 11: It's stupid.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Nathan-D

What is “AGW?!!!”

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl
Assholes Grifting our Wealth

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Sorry about that and it has been too long to edit.

I should also mentioned the political side of it, using AGW to try to control the people.

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
So you are telling me the 45% rise in atmospheric CO2 levels since the industrial revolution is just natural? And has no effect on our climate?

Good thing your alt-right talking points debunk what the actual experts are telling on climate change.
edit on 20-11-2020 by jrod because: OP's talking points debunked here: skepticalscience.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

alt-right herp derp.

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

Ah you must be a young'in not to remember the doom and gloom and subsequent Nobel Prize for Al Gore's global warming PowerPoint presentation back in 2007. Funny enough, he didn't get a single prediction right.

Not young, just not American

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge
Thank you for explaining. I do remember it now. Did he predict an ice age?

posted on Nov, 21 2020 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Yes, if you mean 45% inside 0.04%

new topics

top topics

join