It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if humanity was a type VII civilization?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Here's a fun vid to watch, only 9 mins.

I think our religious friends would say that type VII is actually God, and that we're not the ancestors.

For those who don't know, it's based on a theory and a scale created in the 60's by Russian scientist Nikoli Kardashev.

The Kardashev scale is a method of measuring a civilization's level of technological advancement based on the amount of energy they are able to use. The measure was proposed by Soviet astronomer Nikolai Kardashev in 1964.[1] The scale has three designated categories:

A Type I civilization, also called a planetary civilization—can use and store all of the energy available on its planet.
A Type II civilization, also called a stellar civilization—can use and control energy at the scale of its planetary system.
A Type III civilization, also called a galactic civilization—can control energy at the scale of its entire host galaxy.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

When it gets to Type 6 it gets really crazy, but type 7 to me describes the God that our religious friends worship.

This is a fun scale to learn about, so just thought I'd share number 7 as it's crazy far out.

Sorry i am dumb and can't embed 😕

youtu.be...
edit on 18-11-2020 by FinallyAwake because: typo

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

Finally someone is posting something refreshing. I didn't know about it.

I will watch the video. Thanks👍

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Finally someone is posting something refreshing. I didn't know about it.

I will watch the video. Thanks👍

That's great, enjoy. 😊

This YouTube channel has also posted separate vids on Type 1 through to 6 too, all short vids but worth a watch of you're interested 👍🏼

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   

It has been suggested that on the Kardashev Scale, humanity has reach a level of .7, that is we have not even evolved to accomplishing the requirements for level 1. Sadly that assessment of only .7 on the scale was made prior to 2016. In all likelihood were we to re-evaluate our Kardashev level now we would be back down to a .6 on the scale.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Well once you can create your own pocket universe.

That's when the fun really begins i imagine.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

It has been suggested that on the Kardashev Scale, humanity has reach a level of .7, that is we have not even evolved to accomplishing the requirements for level 1. Sadly that assessment of only .7 on the scale was made prior to 2016. In all likelihood were we to re-evaluate our Kardashev level now we would be back down to a .6 on the scale.

That's not discussing the ethical maturity of our species. Having a nuclear facility is not the same as knowing how to apply it, as history shows.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Right.

Kardashev Scale is determined only on a technological scale. Civ. One is having harnessed all energy sources derived from our planet. That .7 classification was determined by our not even having reached that level.

While we can blissfully speculate on how it will be should we reach Level Two or Level Three and even like this video, Level Seven, what now is important to us is how we develop from .7 to .8.

In that, ethics are an integral part of that development. In that, the ethics of determining which sources of energy we utilize and promote are fundamental. Do we continue to pour our energy into fossil fuels and coal or do we advance into wind and other forms of earthly generated energy sources.

If this is the case then the last four years have shown a backslide in our development as the leader of this '' free world'' has constantly demeaned a number of energy sources while promoting only a few. This is not forward movement on the K Scale, rather it is moving backward in our advancement to Level One.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   

a reply to: TzarChasm

Right.

Kardashev Scale is determined only on a technological scale. Civ. One is having harnessed all energy sources derived from our planet. That .7 classification was determined by our not even having reached that level.

While we can blissfully speculate on how it will be should we reach Level Two or Level Three and even like this video, Level Seven, what now is important to us is how we develop from .7 to .8.

In that, ethics are an integral part of that development. In that, the ethics of determining which sources of energy we utilize and promote are fundamental. Do we continue to pour our energy into fossil fuels and coal or do we advance into wind and other forms of earthly generated energy sources.

If this is the case then the last four years have shown a backslide in our development as the leader of this '' free world'' has constantly demeaned a number of energy sources while promoting only a few. This is not forward movement on the K Scale, rather it is moving backward in our advancement to Level One.

Good points. 👍🏼

Apparently it's possible we could harness fusion of the sun within the next 20-40 years, where we would enter the golden age of mankind. But I doubt it.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I must admit, it doesn't seem or feel like the world is moving forward these days 😕

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Yes, we may reach that ability of harnessing the suns power prior to harnessing our earthly energy resources. For me here though is the question of how will that solar energy be administered. Will it be by seriously expensive fusion generation in administered by those few in control of the technology or can it be in the hands of those with lesser wealth in the form of solar and such. Big questions. Myself I have this great concern that unlimited energy that is only available thought the auspices of central power source will not add to the independence of individual humans rather only increase our dependence on those not only ''in power'' but ''with the power'' as well.

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Yes, we may reach that ability of harnessing the suns power prior to harnessing our earthly energy resources. For me here though is the question of how will that solar energy be administered. Will it be by seriously expensive fusion generation in administered by those few in control of the technology or can it be in the hands of those with lesser wealth in the form of solar and such. Big questions. Myself I have this great concern that unlimited energy that is only available thought the auspices of central power source will not add to the independence of individual humans rather only increase our dependence on those not only ''in power'' but ''with the power'' as well.

Yes good questions. I guess it will be weaponized at some point funded by all sorts of undesirables. The world's gonna be a complete 5hitshow by then anyway 😒

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Probably end up very bored, and make a game out of it, with an obscene amount of pixels, and they will call it "Life", and it will be 3d or better.

Kind of like how a bunch of games are based on Medieval Knights an Christianity.
edit on 18-11-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Have not watched the video yet. However, I am familiar with the scale and think it is one wise to contemplate. The fact is, lately (for half a decade or so) I have become increasingly leaning towards a parallel universe and moreso than a 'multi-verse' then i suppose the two are not mutually exclusive or negate one another. I feel this does not either, how it fits in and to what extent, of course, I can only speculate.

I do think, in nature, everything hits a 'brick wall' though. Be that as it may, his ideas of at least 3 levels is fascinating.

ETA: I should add, as i have not studied the levels intimately, the last sentence would more appropriately read 2 or 3 levels. Heck, who can even say what levels are even possible. Could be that we are the top level.
edit on 18-11-2020 by ReadOnly because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Meh, who's to say we aren't level 7s already, immersing ourselves in this type .6 "simulated" world for a laugh or challenge?

Imagine living forever, having the ability to create or change matter and energy at whim and then spending the never ending now?

It reminds me of a series I read as a kid, Michael Moorcock's Dancers at the End of Time ... quaint and not to my tastes these days, but it at least attempted to explore such a society from a starting perspective.

What we can imagine exists somewhere... along with what we cannot imagine.
edit on 11/18/2020 by Baddogma because: type O ... civ or spelling error?

top topics

join