It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 Years...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Welp, it lasted 20 years.

Not bad for a 100 lb. flat tube, 1080i, television!

The colors started to go a couple of weeks ago. But when the Pioneer Woman cut an avocado that looked purple... well, that was swan song.

The only reason I kept the thing was that you could route the inputs and outputs through it. As in, you could play a DVD and record to VHS. And that scared the hell out of many tv executives! So, I held on.

Besides a “smart” phone (that does dumb @ss grammar), the only thing that you don’t want to die is your television!!

20 years. @ about 4$ a month... not a bad run!

Will 2020 ever end??

edit on 14-11-2020 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Erm...

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

You can't beat some old tech that gives you such long life

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Before you throw away your monitor, Do you know there is a type of purple avocado called "Maluma" ?

These are beautiful dark-purple avocados that are relatively new, having been discovered in the 1990s. It is a very large type of avocado and has very rough skin. When planted, the fruit grows profusely, albeit slowly, and it was discovered in South Africa, although its exact heritage is unknown. It also has seeds that are larger than many other types of avocados, getting up to 14 inches in weight.

www.homestratosphere.com...#:~:text=These%20are%20beautiful%20dark-purple%20avocados%20that%20are%20relatively,South%20Africa% 2C%20although%20its%20exact%20heritage%20is%20unknown.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The new TV is quite nice!

As with any new HD tech, got a movie, The Rise of Skywalker. And fell asleep after putting it on! lol! So woke up and watched the whole thing again...

I like my buy! The screen is huge, in comparison to the behemoth, but is only six inches bigger on the diagonal.

The Masters looks great too! Bummer about a new remote but that is cool too as it takes AAA instead of the AA of all the others. I will track down the code but that can wait.

The “smart” part is still to be explored. I do have Disney+ just to watch The Clone Wars so I can probably get the Mandalorian or figure out how to get Picard.

A new couch potato is spudded!

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

D’oh!

LOL!!

Purple avocado... must have guacamole! With white asparagus on the side!

✌️

top topics

join